Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

My Basic BBS RS Resto

Guest Simon*

Safe play then Mr Safe ;)

I doubt you've disappointed everyone mate - so don't worry

Agree with Simon on TV - but the black will still look mint Nath! Can't wait to see them on the car!

I hate to say it....................................................but i told you so, TV was the wrong colour :P

I understand how you wouldn't want to do them again.

Edited by bellicose

The ironic thing is my favourite E30 ever and the one I have had a lot of inspiration from, the owner painted his RS's gloss black too.

post-3292-1281323339.jpg

Thread here http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86053 doesn't get much more badass than that.

Alas I will ride the storm of hate, can't wait to get it out on the track with it's new additions, it has only been 10 months.

Edited by Brams

Guest Simon*

Nath I would draw your attention back to the fact that your E30 is GREEN :D

There's no hate here, none at all

^ Lol yes.

Aside from the fact it has a 2.9 stroker also B) and a jungle gym.

Does have the Alpina front spoiler, facelift Alpina rear spoiler, black RS's, M20 powered still, colorcoded sills etc etc hehe so there is a little in common.

Need to find some of those 296mm Alpina rotors :wub: kerrrching

Edited by Brams

Guest Simon*

You could have persevered with the Purps and got yourself a nice set of 16" Alpinas as your "going to church on sunday" wheels

^ Sunday is for two hour training runs not sitting in a room that smells like old people Edited by Brams

TV would have been so wrong on your car Nath, I agree with John, I reckon you've got it right.

Three months later, I am bringing the car home tomorrow, that is if it makes it that far in it's semi complete state.

Cheers Braeden, hopefully the other two come out just as good.

Jeddy, I soaked my bolts, nuts and valves in diet coke for about 18 hours, occasionally agitating it. Pulled them out this morning and they are a lot cleaner, if anything they helped more with breaking down the loctite on the threads and softened the silocone also, making the bolts heaps cleaner now. Soaking them in Morning fresh and some hot water (brilliant budget degreaser) then they should be clean enough for me and ready for install.

Have also seen people using a dremel with a polishing attachment and polishing the individual bolts heads if your that anal about it :blink: not for me though :lol:

Also my AKG engine and gearbox mounts are shipped as of this morning, will be here in a week.

I ordered this set in 75D urethane: http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog/view....es/MTS325lg.jpg $185 NZ shipped to my door.

They have fantastically fast and efficient service, even refunded the extra $ I put in for that flat rate for Australasia shipping. Definitely recommend them, Ashkan said this mount set are awesome so should be good times ahead B)

Edited by Brams

Ashkan said this mount set are awesome

Clincher right there

^ Thought I better name drop one of the bimmersport elite ^_^

Edited by Brams

The bitch is back.

Still goes like a freight train.

Only problem is I am finding the power steering terribly stiff, would that be due to it sitting for a while? Could a rebleed and refill be in order?

Not much more to do before Taupo!!!!!

Some sh*t pics and trainspotters will see a few different additions, the platanengrun princess as it stands:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers ^_^

Nice, I think you were right with your choice man.

You can't really get sick of black, but you could get over purple.

However purple

Guest Simon*

Crank that steering wheel like a man Nath! You should have the bigga guns now from all that w....... polishing and repainting of rims ;)

^ Haha don't worry, Tom and Jerry are in perfect condition.

Think it just because I have been driving modern cars for months and forgotten what a E30 feels like :P

The ol girls back home.. good to see. and will have to catch up and check out the quality of your job. your wheel job...

Ta da, (abeit sh*t pretend photoshop).

Posted Image

I am stoked with how they turned out, the paint finish is a little light in places but I am past the point of caring now to be honest. Also I am glad I went black, they look so badass in person beside the car.

Two of these babies are completed, what a utter PITA it is putting them back together and sealing them properly.

Edited by Brams

AKG 75D urethane engine and gearbox mounts in....best money I have spent on this car so far.

The difference is incredible, it even feels like it handles better, even sounds better B)

Fantastic products.

Awaiting on some bits from Max's Pelican Parts order including a brand new rear shifter arm mount along with a brass sleeve bush for the gearbox selector knuckle from Jason.

After this week I can finish my wheels in time for Taupo then get some on the car pics.

DTM mirrors should be here this week all going well.

More pics when exciting things happen.

Edited by Brams

Essay writing procrastination.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and some bimmersport stickers ^_^

Edited by Brams