Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

My Basic BBS RS Resto

looking good there dude, hope to see this at taupo

^ Cheers Kerry, I will donate my testicles to science if I am not :ph34r:

ive got a meke filiting knife :P

Sorry for continuing to scuzz up your wheel refurb thread (And quote pictures) with off-topic nathan but I gotta.

This post is pure wheel whore. Look at it - 60 words and two pictures ABOUT FAT VS THIN VALVES. Awesome.

Nathan it looks like you have the fat (normal) valves that can be bought for a few dollars, these are what my thin valves look like, they have a smaller hole. I found when getting new lips from germany that they come with the narrow valve holes that cant fit normal valves this can be corrected by getting a bigger hole drilled.

My RS033's have narrow valves but my RS001's and RS003's have the same valves you got.

Smaller valve

Posted Image

With valve cap

Posted Image

Edited by CamB

^ Nothing wrong with this post. For a minute I thought Sam was posting :P

Sorry for continuing to scuzz up your wheel refurb thread (And quote pictures) with off-topic nathan but I gotta.

This post is pure wheel whore. Look at it - 60 words and two pictures ABOUT FAT VS THIN VALVES. Awesome.

Agreed. Nice photography too.

Badass.

i dont suppose you have any more of those spoilers hiding away? either tech1 or alpina or anything of that style?

i want 1 on my black car.

looking forward to seeing the painted pictures man.

^ No not personally, Tech1's are pretty sort after now, expect to pay $150 ish.

These Facelift Alpina ones are rare as hell, I have only ever seen one other for sale in NZ.

JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE LOL :lol:

Couldn't resist trying out the Homax Purple.

I am sitting on the fence right now, here are a few pics of one center with one 'wet' coat of base done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for the slighty dark average pics, it is quite hard to pick out the purple with a camera.

Opinions are welcome before I do something silly and paint another one :D

Mate, i refer you to my first post re the dirtyness of Technoviolet. I still think it's the wrong colour for a rim center, try and picture it inside a rim, on it's side as it would be on the car, and without direct light on it.

WILD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

@ John, I will reserve my final judgement till I take a pic with one outside in natural light, it is quite hard to speculate when it is a sitting in a dim garage, also looks tons better with the chrome lip around it. So far, I'm running with it. I have a few other colors sitting here if I hate it ;)

I wanted subtle wank-ness, if I wanted obvious purple, I would've painted them obvious purple :lol:

Edited by Brams

Once you have a few coats on and its dry can you put the centers up against the green machine?

Would be interesting to see the colour contrast properly.

Also, don't remember seeing it anywhere, are you painting the inside of the barrels? or just giving a good clean?

White barrels might make the Purp centers stand out more?? Maybe...

^^ Just cleaned up the barrels with brake cleaner, still have to polish the lips too. End of the day it is a race (ish) car not a show car ;)

Here is a last few pics for now since I am probably raping everyone's bandwidth with a color comparison between the dark purple and the green, need to borrow my sisters SLR camera to get some decent pics with color pop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will have the car home early next week to compare on the car hopefully.

Cheers for all the comments.

Edited by Brams

looks all good man top job, pics of the pop please