Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

any joy?

Yea. New Engine fired at 3.30am in the morning, bleed water through it by 4am. Slept, left for Hampton at 7. Will post a big update on all the stuff.

Started one race. Great start but no power =) 130 top speed on straight when I had 165 with the ruined engine but got some massive flames. I know most of you guys would have been thinking why didn't I just wait til next season but it was important for me to get there to race and not to watch. After the last race even though I was back in the pits after 2 laps, I got out smiling and thinking about the next meeting I can enter. ( With a rebuilt motor =D ) Which was awesome =D

BTW: Ashkan, that and 3 other hoses were replaced with new ones and lots of padding put on for protection.... I used tape as it held really well for a week of road driving on a stuffed hose. So I figured it should pad a new hose well as well as being tied back with some cable ties.

Grant. =) haha. Got in a warm up lap for the reverse grid but plugs on new engine stuffed out and took out 3 cylinders ( That was the problem with putting it in at 4am, none of us were really awake and skimped on some important things, fixed them before racing but just missed the HT and spark plugs. New ones went in and then last race fcked something else). last race got 2 laps in with a house just burst. Wasn't rubbing or anything just popped I guess.

So Really did 3-4 laps haha

For now though =)

Big Thanks to

Jim/John Lovich

Grant S

Richard Lester

Rich B

Andy A ( skid pad engine remover )

James and Ryan ( not members I don't think. Pulled engine out with from saturday evening to early early sunday )

Many more. Couldn't have well can't say gotten out there as every race/session something just didn't go my way.

Honestly. It was a disaster weekend. I prepared the car, was a rush but got it going. New hoses, tied back. But one engine mount just ruined it al, I wasn't hoping for results just finishing a race or two but next time =)

Im smashed. off to bed.

Edited by Young Jack

hell yeah - go you!

great commitment, great attitude...

congrats man.

Good work Jack. Kinda motivates me to find a way around my financial woes and keep my racer. Might have to look into storage whilst I complete my pilot training, so that in a few years time I can come along to knock you off the podium.

Good work Jack. Kinda motivates me to find a way around my financial woes and keep my racer. Might have to look into storage whilst I complete my pilot training, so that in a few years time I can come along to knock you off the podium.

Go for it man. Everyone kept saying about my attitude but honestly what could I do. Pissing and moaning won't help, and it'd ruin the weekend. I had to just try appreciate the help that I was lucky enough to get and that Im only 16 and I'd made it to the track.

I mean I was at breaking point before the last race, was tired, looked half dead, dirty, just ruined but those 2 laps of being in a race and being on the grid for the start was probably one of the top moments for me in my life, watching F1, V8's, A1GP and mostly the guys during the series then being on the start grid for myself was just un real. Sucked to have to pull out when I was on Grahams arse but was still awesome. Got some TV time in the reverse grid warm up lap haha so this an awesome weekend and heres some pictures of it all =)

Before qually =D

post-5250-1300691663.png

Engine bay clear about 1.30 am...

post-5250-1300691768.png

Replacement Engine

post-5250-1300691796.png

Gearbox on

post-5250-1300691847.png

Haha first race on Pole

post-5250-1300691883.jpg

All set

post-5250-1300691906.jpg

Love how the car turned out 'visually' Thanks to Shelly & Craig @ Attract Signs

post-5250-1300691939.jpg

post-5250-1300691959.jpg

Warm up

post-5250-1300691975.jpg

2 teens from Macleans with ruined engines.

post-5250-1300691995.jpg

cheeeyaaaaa

post-5250-1300692047.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

Awesome Effort, at least your out there doing it, not just talking about it.

How many 16 year olds can say they have stayed up till 3am working on there own race car. Not there Dads/Uncles/Whoevers.

I admire your enthusiasm and hope you go well next season.

Great pics Jack. I too admire your enthusiasm & dedication.

I think you can now see - these cars requires meticulous preparation & attention to detail to be able to survive the extremes that they are put under in race situation.

Good luck for sorting in rediness for next season

It's good to see that you still got a buzz from the week-end, even after all your dramas, and your effort and enthusiasm (and that of your helpers) is to be commended.

If you are going to keep the car and race next year (which I would encourage you to do), now is the ideal time to get stuck in and get it to a race ready state. Make a list of everything that needs to be done and push yourself to get it sorted, starting from now, try not to leave it all to the last minute. That way you will be in with a much better chance of getting some results from all your hard work and $$$s next season.

Haha first race on Pole

Hmm, i think it only counts as being on pole if you make it onto the race grid, not on the dummy grid. I couldn't believe it when you pulled off into the pit lane at the end of the warm up lap!

I did come by your pit a couple of times to say Hi, but you weren't around - just a blue car there with it's bonnet up!

Hmm, i think it only counts as being on pole if you make it onto the race grid, not on the dummy grid. I couldn't believe it when you pulled off into the pit lane at the end of the warm up lap!

I did come by your pit a couple of times to say Hi, but you weren't around - just a blue car there with it's bonnet up!

haha. let me have this one john =)

Yea. I was gonna come say hi too you guys before the last race but i was so smashed I just went and sat down =/

Got head of old engine....

All cylinders are seized big time and chips all round each piston and also this on Piston 1. hahaha

post-5250-1300997895.jpg

lol did you ever run this engine?

Haha. May have slowed me down just a little...

I think you have a compression leak...

Please correct me if im wrong but isnt lightening internal engine components by removing material in breach of the series rules???

Sure is, I'd like to see the other 5 to see if they've been balanced as well. ;)

So, starting to strip the car down, get it all tidied up, fixed for the winter series.

We're pulling pretty much everything out excluding brake lines etc. I want to clean EVERYTHING up, get the car to a even more more more presentable than before but under the bonnet not just from the outside.

So stripping car down ( started that today )

Auto Sparky is getting everything looking better, cleaning up the wires, putting lots of go fast switches in.

Once I'm back from UK in early May, putting in a new race motor, which was raced in a fast car and its reliable I've been told so I can't wait to start working for it =D

Then plan is to get into the winter series and finish some races =D

Heres some pics from my half hours work today, examples of things that make the car look old and shitty and below of what the dash is going to end up like =D

post-5250-1302680748.png

post-5250-1302680643.jpg

post-5250-1302680783.jpg

post-5250-1302680820.jpg

post-5250-1302680869.jpg

post-5250-1302680953.jpg

post-5250-1302681014.jpg

Good stuff! I'll be doing that in another 2 years or so to mine :D. Hopefully the rules havent changed too much by then!!

So Pulling everything out and cleaning up everything I can from home before I get it to a workshop to get into the serious stuff ( suspension, engine etc )

Spent a couple of hours cleaning up the arse end. Took me awhile to get rid of that sticky crap on the rear light surrounds. But makes it look so much cleaner with it all off =D Pretty happy with it =D

post-5250-1305278758.jpg

post-5250-1305278764.jpg

post-5250-1305278772.jpg

Gonna seal up the lights with something else whn you put them back in? Or just let it leak, and keep it in the garage? :P

get some new seals/gaskets for them from Gavin, Don't just chuck the lights back in without them, they just leak like a mofo and rust sh*t lol

get some new seals/gaskets for them from Gavin, Don't just chuck the lights back in without them, they just leak like a mofo and rust sh*t lol

will do

Been going hard at getting the car 100% done properly so anything I didn't do before or skimped on is being done properly before the first round. You'll see in the pictures. Im actually pulling everything apart. Anything I don't need, is going ( or what the regulations allows to be vacant ). Photos are a week or two old but since then 4.5KG has been taken out off the wiring, few rust bits done, couple of Chicken McCheese's eaten, excessive use of Degreaser and a steam blaster, and few other things.

Ill just let the pictures say the rest =)

Bit of motivation at the start of each night

post-5250-1307875412.jpg

Cleaning inside of car up, getting rid of all the sticky, furry sh*t on the doors, pillars etc. No HP Gains but looks so much better and doesn't cost a cent

post-5250-1307875508.jpg

post-5250-1307875524.jpg

Rust thats appearing. Under windscreen and in the boot

post-5250-1307875588.jpg

post-5250-1307875688.jpg

Cleaning up even where its not visable =D

post-5250-1307875751.jpg

More soon

post-5250-1307875798.jpg

Edited by Young Jack