Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

Don't forget the rest of manditory series decals Jack

Don't forget the rest of manditory series decals Jack

Yeap. Haven't forgot =D

Little upgrade. Post Track day.

So R888's are sorted.

Diff tomorrow night hopefully. Shocks pretty soon thanks to Grant.

Car being checked over sometime this week.

Few scruitneering things to sort out. i.e Fire extinguisher, Battery clamp.

National race license almost sorted. Then its just paying for entry and maybe Friday practice is mum lets me off school..... =/

Anyway, end of the track day and managed to do a 1:32 or there abouts. Car needs to go back to dyno and get that rev limiting problem sorted and the Oxton's said I will have no chance in hell with 92hp =/

post-5250-1299996500.jpg

Rears almost holding up

post-5250-1299996512.jpg

Fronts not so bad..

post-5250-1299996538.jpg

Filling some of the holes and body seal on top for scruitneering ( incase of fire or something )

post-5250-1299996550.jpg

My awesome tap up fix for a blown hose which was yet again rubbing on radiator and managed to eat its way through the pipe I put on the protect the actual coolant pipe then burst the actual coolant pipe on the way home.

post-5250-1299996683.jpg

Was spraying the boot to make it look a big more tidy/clean but then ran out of paint =/

post-5250-1299996695.jpg

Semi Slicks on =D Feels weird to drive now. Feels fairly light, dunno if thats the tires or just me.

You might want to double check the pressures in the tyres, most tyre shops tend to pump them up far too much. Could explain the light feeling.

Painted towing eyes the needed RED which looks pretty cool.

Scrutineers might also pick you up on the fact there is no sign saying "TOW" and pointing to your eyes, needed on both front and rear. Even a hand written sign will do.

Don't worry about the 92hp - i've only got 8 more than that, and still have fun (and touch wood don't come last!!) If you can get the rev limit up then that will guarantee you will have more hp anyways..

Don't worry about the 92hp - i've only got 8 more than that, and still have fun (and touch wood don't come last!!) If you can get the rev limit up then that will guarantee you will have more hp anyways..

haha. Awesome. Look forward to some scraps with you this weekend =)

Almost there.

Passed National Race License Test and got a temp license for the weekend =)

All the signage hopefully going on tomorrow.

Was gonna have shocks in tonight but clutch master cylinder jammed in so spent the night trying to replace it then gave up. Having trouble with the 2 square nuts that bolt it to the brace.

Fire extinguisher went in.

Got overalls all sorted. Can't wait. About to pay for entry and series entry.

post-5250-1300267041.jpg

post-5250-1300267055.jpg

Nice work. You've done something I couldnt. Although thats mostly due to my current career aspirations haha. Hope you really enjoy it when your out there, now you gotta convince your mates to join in by buying mine ;).

Edited by huff3r

1 Day left!

So for tomorrow need to fit shocks, cut the battery mount to the shape I want.

Signage.

Pick up overalls etc.

Dyno tune hopefully if I get time.

Fitted and bleed the new clutch master cylinder. So so so much better. So much smoother.

Anyway heres a picture of all the stuff waiting to go in. And the trade mark Energy Drink =D

post-5250-1300353175.jpg

Oh and heres my pro ass road side coolant hose fix. =D

post-5250-1300353228.jpg

lol, you should of seen the mess I created trying to cover a hose eaten by the fan.

Included cable ties, a rubbish bag and electrical tape..Did the trick though.

I really wish i didn't wait so long to go racing... Less drunkin partying everynight and more time racing would have been much better...

You are replacing that hose before racing right?

^^^^ That's what I was thinking too

IM READY!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! Car looks so awesome. Little mis understanding with the number box and how there is no Castrol at the bottom but Andy rolls up with a Un WOF massive 86 on his car so I think ill be ok.

Spent day under the car fitting the Koni's, getting everything ready for scruitneering, then off to Shelly.

Paid round and series entry, ( cheque came back in post today so will have to give to HRC club or whatever tomorrow.. )

Car looks so awesome. Was so surreal seeing it all come together in front of my eyes after remembering how it was 9 months ago.

Here it is though. =D

post-5250-1300442233.jpg

Night time ready for tonight =)

post-5250-1300442245.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

so round one didnt go so well, melting the rings to the pistons + blowing the headgasket, time for plan B Jack.

Sounds lke a spare engine going in tonight then racing again tomorrow..

Edited by bmw3

so round one didnt go so well, melting the rings to the pistons + blowing the headgasket, time for plan B Jack.

Bummer, was wondering what it was coming out from under the car.

Hope it goes in Ok, welcome to the wonderful world of 'fun' that it is motorsport. It will feel sooooo much better when you cross the finish line for the first time. You'll be on pole position for the reverse grid race if you can make it on time.. B)

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Whoops.

Any Idea what caused that?

Edited by antil33t

How the hell does that happen?

I'm guessing the radiator hose was leaking and it overheated...then driver continued to race without water?

Broken engine mount allowed the motor to move too the left, then the alternator got hungry and started munching on the bottom hose

Broken engine mount allowed the motor to move too the left, then the alternator got hungry and started munching on the bottom hose

Did he replace the hose? maybe the tape just burst?

Did he replace the hose? maybe the tape just burst?

No, not replaced but this was fresh munching - in the tape

any joy?

No unfortunately Andy, he went out for one lap this arvo & retired - from what I understand - another hose (unofficial though)