Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Series Race Car

SHIIITTTTTTT

My rangi fix at Hampton, has finally given in. Leaking from the top and from my rangi joint. Lol check out the colour of the water coming out. Needs a coolant flush.

post-5250-1296018583.jpg

Cured all the rust on the top of battery plate but then realised there was more on the chassis rail...

post-5250-1296018512.jpg

Exhaust banging on sway bar, needs to be bend down.

post-5250-1296018521.jpg

Rust repair on inner sills.

post-5250-1296018534.jpg

post-5250-1296018553.jpg

Look how secure this is =)

post-5250-1296018562.jpg

The hose in question.. Anyone got a spare I could buy?

post-5250-1296018575.jpg

My little list....

post-5250-1296019035.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

I'm not sure that a reverse lamp is REQUIRED. Its "permitted" equipment.

Having said that, arguing with the wof guy isn't usually worth the effort.

I'm not sure that a reverse lamp is REQUIRED. Its "permitted" equipment.

Having said that, arguing with the wof guy isn't usually worth the effort.

Yea. He's good, just wants to be thorough with the car and I want that to be honest. I know I can go get a WOF easy from some other place down some back road but I wanna do it right the first time to his standards ( which seem to be high ) so if I get pulled over the cop won't have anything on me.

Thanks Andy. Will talk soon

Coolant hose from Hampton replaced and rust coloured water bleed into the system ( not healthy ).

Bump Stops back in the rear.

Front drive coupling needs a impact gun. Nuts been in there for 20 years.

Need some front shocks.

Some small rust work to clean, oh and gotta get reverse and that damn left headlight going.

WOF TOMORROW....... HOPEFULLY =DDDDD

Ok Just looked under the gearbox I have no wires or anything electrical near the gearbox and the switch just isn't there. I think I see where it plugs in but yea nothing close to it...

Ask nicely if he'll reconsider. It says plainly that reverse lights are optional equipment.

I have a switch here you can have. I'm sure there will be something there though.

How did he even see the guibo? it's covered up by a metal sheild... Unless you've removed it?

Also, are you using two spanners to get the guibo off?

some of that rust looks like you could clean up ez, get like a wirebrush wheel and a power drill and get rid of it, then cover it in rustkiller paint stuff.

Ask nicely if he'll reconsider. It says plainly that reverse lights are optional equipment.

That is true, but it also say's that items which are fitted must be functional. So the fact that there are reverse lights in the back of the car means they should be working.

If you are lucky Jack you might get away with it.

Authority card and clubsport license arrived today. =)

Spent all day getting the parts, THANK YOU RAY FOR THE front shocks.

Got to Jim Lovich's at 3. Had a hoist to myself, and managed to teach myself how to remove the whole front strut. Yes the whole section haha. Both front shocks were really f**ked but in now. Then got the front drive coupling in.

Was a massive rush so no photos but WOF tomorrow as we ran out of time today.

Will go see someone else to see if I can get off easy with the car. Just need to get the headlight working. And the blower which just won't work even with factory switch.

Was heaps of fun driving it in the rain again with fogged up screen haha.

See you all Monday hopefully!!!!

Was heaps of fun driving it in the rain again with fogged up screen haha.

See you all Monday hopefully!!!!

Especially driving at night, with road flooding and a fogged up windscreen. I never want to drive in this weather again.

Back on topic, great work Jack I look forward to seeing the car on Monday along with 30 or 40 other BMWs

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOO

OOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

H

OOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOO

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O

OOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHO

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O

OOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

O

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

YUSSSSSSS WOHOOO YUSS AGAIN. =) Welcome ladies and gents to this gingers first actual car!!!

post-5250-1296280734.jpg

post-5250-1296280767.jpg

post-5250-1296280753.jpg

See you all Monday!

Edited by Young Jack

So if this is legal, your keeping it?

So i can sell mine now? haha

So if this is legal, your keeping it?

So i can sell mine now? haha

Yes. Yes you can =)

Maaan you must be feeling, as they say, like a boss driving that around. Good, great even, work.

Maaan you must be feeling, as they say, like a boss driving that around. Good, great even, work.

I second that. Top effort.

Thanks guys. Yea loving driving it around.

But got a fun surprise in the mail box today ( quote for insurance )

post-5250-1296533574.png

post-5250-1296533574.png

Ouch! Who's that with? And insured for how much? Mine I insured in 08 for $10k, with accident history of an "at fault" accident just 3 months prior for $1100, at the tender age of 18. But i suppose thats 2 more years driving history....

holy f__k!

i would also like to know who thats with!? Im insured with Club auto and i pay a quarter of that, i still think im getting ripped off lol

i know the work thats gone into the car, but is it really a 10k car? i mean.. if you crashed bashed and assh-led it, you would be able to recoup your costs by removing the seats and cage and (possibly) diff and gearbox etc in it? might be something to think about? i dont know much about pricing of these items so i could be wrong, but yeah 2c from me lol

holy f__k!

i would also like to know who thats with!? Im insured with Club auto and i pay a quarter of that, i still think im getting ripped off lol

i know the work thats gone into the car, but is it really a 10k car? i mean.. if you crashed bashed and assh-led it, you would be able to recoup your costs by removing the seats and cage and (possibly) diff and gearbox etc in it? might be something to think about? i dont know much about pricing of these items so i could be wrong, but yeah 2c from me lol

Yes it would well and truly be a $10k car, or close to at least ($8?$9)

Seats and harnesses $800

Cage $2500

Car $2000

Suspension $1500

Wheels + tyres at least $1k

Although thats new prices, but still itd be bloody hard to replace (he'd have to buy mine!)

eww, they even have windscreen excess?