Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Need a car today>yesterday!

I've sold my little Suzuki. Need a car today, have been looking all weekend and there's so little around that it's disappointing. What there is around it's just way too expensive IMO.

I've found this E30 today and another in the weekend, have seen the 320i and it's in reasonable condition.

320i

318i

The 320i would make more sense as there's more room for all my gear. I need an honest opinion on what I should be paying for both of these cars. Do the 320i and 318i need cambelts?

i know M20 motors take cambelts(320/325i) i'd imagine whatever M4X is in the 318 will have a belt aswell

Hmm, which will be due in 4000km LOL

Need to beat em down on that price :)

Very sensible buying for a sensible person haha but would prefer the cheaper BMW, they want 2000 aprox for the 320i. There's alot of hills in Dunedin, I think the 6 will be a bit better on them.

Very sensible buying for a sensible person haha but would prefer the cheaper BMW, they want 2000 aprox for the 320i. There's alot of hills in Dunedin, I think the 6 will be a bit better on them.

Really? With an auto? I'd take the 318i.

Get a Honda S2000 or a Mazda RX7.

If the 318i has an M40, which I think it does as its a facelift, then it also has a cambelt. If it's the pre-facelift M10 then its chain.

$1800 for the 320i

The 320i is going to be better up hills than a 1500cc Corolla!

Done, it's being dropped off in 45 mins! Haven't had an E30 for 10 years!

EDIT: Epic failcar has struck. As soon as I got it home after testing it out and PAYING for it, it overheated, fuel was pissing out everywhere, gushing out from underneath the passengers rear door, check light keeps flashing, some other red light wont go away brakes?

Oh dear.

post-2864-1280729718.jpg

Edited by Clinton

Probably has a broken hoseclamp on the fuel filter.. still not something you'd want on a car you just bought!

Bet you that SENSIBLE Corolla's looking pretty good now!

Oooooo yes it is.

Trouble is the car was fine on the test drive LOL, now it's munted haha!

I offered him a nice MAGNA WAGON, he didn't want it though :P

Done, it's being dropped off in 45 mins! Haven't had an E30 for 10 years!

EDIT: Epic failcar has struck. As soon as I got it home after testing it out and PAYING for it, it overheated, fuel was pissing out everywhere, gushing out from underneath the passengers rear door, check light keeps flashing, some other red light wont go away brakes?

Oh dear.

So its a normal E30 then? Well done :lol:

Welcome to M20 unreliabiltiy!

Welcome to M20 unreliabiltiy!

+1 on all that they said ^^^^

You will love the car though. It will not stop torturing you like that, but you will love it none-the-less.

Clinton isn't feeling the love at the moment. The guy has agreed to fix it and return it to us, so now he has my money and the car > fail much?

I did, they'd already spent it they said. Realistically, I don't have a leg to stand on I don't think. Does annoy me though because he did say it was in ex mechanical order too.

Hmm, which will be due in 4000km LOL

Need to beat em down on that price :)

M20's need cambelts at 60,000km intervals or from memory 3 or 4 years (whichever comes first).

The guy said it could be an airlock why the car is overheating. It cools down when driving but when idling it overheats.

The guy said it could be an airlock why the car is overheating. It cools down when driving but when idling it overheats.

Could also be viscous fan clutch. Have good spares if you need, as do all the wreckers. 3min to swap with the right spanner.

Fuel does come from that area when you overfill it, that happened to me, well I assume that is what happened as it hasn't happened again.