Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Need a car today>yesterday!

When the chap came up he took the back seat out and it was leaking from around the fuel pump which is kinda inserted into the top of the tank. For some reason it was pressurising. In the year that he had it he never filled it to the brim, I did today and he's blaming that LOL!?!?

Bend the tabs down that are around the fuel pump (once you have it out of the top of the tank, you will see the tabs that the fuel pump locks into when you rotate it a quarter turn to secure it in the tank), this will form a tighter seal between the fuel pump and the tank and stop the leak. Also make sure the rubber Oring is there.

There's a funny reason the tabs get bent.

Mostly involves a cricket bat and some firm shunting into that hole to get dents out of the bottom of the tank.

Mostly involves a cricket bat and some firm shunting into that hole to get dents out of the bottom of the tank.

You know the car then or is this a personal experience ha?

My old cricket bat now has the grip eaten away from the petrol ahaa

EDIT: Epic failcar has struck. As soon as I got it home after testing it out and PAYING for it, it overheated, fuel was pissing out everywhere, gushing out from underneath the passengers rear door, check light keeps flashing, some other red light wont go away brakes?

Welcome to e30 ownership ...

Dont worry, its normal. Someone said the same thing to me when I got mine and found out its quirks. Youll spend the next 2 months driving it with the things pissing you off then youll become good at pulling cars apart(weather you like it or not) to fix it.

Its sweet, youll learn to actually enjoy your new forced upon hobbie.

If only...an E30 could talk to you....would make life so much more enjoyable

Got me money back luckily.

He sent me a SMS saying that it had a blown headgasket as well as other numerous issues. Lucky for me.

Yer, There's an old X5 in the garage somewhere, might use that until I find something.

Got me money back luckily.

He sent me a SMS saying that it had a blown headgasket as well as other numerous issues. Lucky for me.

Very lucky Clinton! Good to see you got your money back.

While on the topic of cars.....let me suggest a sensible Corolla ha ha

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-303759059.htm

Dropped $200 since yesterday too lol :D

Get amoungst it...

Edited by 3 SERIES

I just couldn't bring myself to pay 2grand still for an old Corolla. IMO it's a 1000 dollar car.

Not sure whether that's an M43 or an M40, I think it should be M43 being a 1994? If it's M40 its got a belt, if its M43 it has a chain.

Yeah seems a good deal, but a bit of an issue being 1500km or so away LOL.

Guest Simon*

Clinton what is the car for exactly???

You have a diesel X5 which, comparatively, gives you good mileage and heaps of room. Why do you want a small inefficient POS car?

Not trying to be a prick just trying to get my head round the issue :) Are you purely trying to keep the mileage down on the X5?

Fair question. I need something that I can bash around in for work, the X5 is getting too much of a hiding mileage wise and damage wise which is why I've kicked it to the kerb and leaving it parked up during the week and then using it on the weekends. A smaller easier to park car that I can leave in carparks, rugby pass computer components into and be fine with driving it in the wet weather is what I'm after. Cruising around in my 60k pride & joy should be for weekends & not for throwing computers in during the week. Basically, I want something I don't care about or have to worry about.

Guest Simon*

That's cool I understand now. There's a bunch of sub-$2K Subaru wagons (2L ones) that I saw in the "Otago" TM search. They'd do the trick no? Or a Caldina or Corolla wagon a bit further afield perhaps

Yer they'd do the trick. But there's nothing about at the moment that's realistic or half tidy.

I test drove a 1992 Surf today and took it to be looked at & it had both rear shocks missing at the back, engine was missing, it was a munted unit.

Must have been hard to drive the surf to the garage when the engine was "missing" :P

Edited by Matty104

Yeah, it just had mice on treadmills under the bonnet.

Bought THIS just now. I know the car, it was my loan vehicle when I was getting the wheels & tyres for the X5 - ugly but very easy to park, and super economical and sits on 100kph very easily believe it or not!