Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Gran Turismo 5

+1....just havent read anything yet to make me 100% keen like 75% at the mo

Collectors edition with the keyring and extra cars. The loading times seem to be getting better, maybe it was still unpacking stuff.

Done all my work for the day, rest of the day playing Gt5 ;)

F'n hard life.

I got a copy last night at chch midnight launch, last min decision... got the Collectors which by first looks is well worth the extra $10, free t-shirt etc. I left it updating so will give it a go tonight.

Got my sig edition sitting here at work....

Put about 50 hours into the review copy over the last week.

Was defiantly designed to be played with a wheel.

You can feel the weight shifting and racing around the ring at 150mph + is exhilarating

Loving the course maker and photo mode...

Posted Image

Quite disappointed with my initial play, I chose the Megane to get an idea of how realistic it is dynamics are still way off, it drives nothing like a real Megane, the experience is far removed and totally wooden, so much the same as GT4 and GT5 Prologue, far inferior to NFS Shift or even Forza, the cars sound sounds nothing like a Megane either.. so two strikes in terms of dynamics and game play.

The content looks good, enough to keep me occupied for some time if I can be bothered, the cars are lacking in the European department, even the Megane is a Regular 5-door cup, not a R26 or better still a R26.R, sad they didn’t even have the RS250… they do have 23,000 Honda Civics though.. so so slack. Opening movie all full of horid jap crap.

Graphics are amazing, very shiny.

Overall very disappointed… so much so im going back to work.

Booooooooooo.

Need For Speed Shift is a better game.

Need For Speed Shift is a better game.

And will forever still be that, a game.

I suck at "realistic" type games.

More I play it the more I likes it.

Go karting is awesome realistic!

keep hearing dissapointment.....

keep hearing dissapointment.....

Well its like going to a shop to buy some new shoes that have just come out and your mates are like ew there ugly i would never buy them blah blah but you go have a look at realise they are perfect, everyone has different opinions, i was playing for 3 hours last night, with the steering wheel, and it is INSANELY SWEET, so much different to the controller i must admit.

Anyone who says the cars handle more realistic in NFS or Forza is plain wrong.

Unless your using a controller and then.. well your using a controller......

Forza has steering aids constantly enabled even with everything turned off. You have to drive like a muppet to spin out in Forza. Sure its a fun game but the handling model is far far far from real.

NFS is an arcade game. Handles like one.

GT5 is the closest so far to perfection on a console in terms of handling.

Perfection being Ferrari 355 Challenge on the DC.

Also forgot to mention that GT's handling model evolves as you level up.

Same with damage. It unlocks as you progress.

Edited by fuzyfrog

How the hell do you come first on the top gear circuit racing kombis? Swear its impossible haha.

Went around EB Games and JB hoping they would have a demo setup running, but nothing. Mixed reviews so far, really not convinced if its worth getting PS3 for this.

Also forgot to mention that GT's handling model evolves as you level up.

Same with damage. It unlocks as you progress.

How do you mean? It gets easier/harder when u level up? Or....

Its gets harder as you level up.

The AI scales with you aswell.

Had AI cars blocking passing and fighting each other after about level 15.

Is it true you can create new tracks on it? I just want 3:00 to hit so i can go home lock myself in my room and play all night =D

Ive changed my mind, bought Ae86, fully trick suspension and soft sports tyres. Goes around corners good. AE86 sounds like an AE86 and drives remarkably similar too one.

I think a lot of the handling weirdness is down to stock cars tyres (comfort or whatever they call em) cos they is ass.

It is officially the sh*t :D

Right cant handle it any more.

Need a new TV anyway.

Put in bid for a 42' LCD full HD that ends tonight, if i can get it for under $600 I'll go get the JB pack tomorrow.

Collectors edition with the keyring and extra cars. The loading times seem to be getting better, maybe it was still unpacking stuff.

Same here, i thought it might be the sig edition, hence the more space used!

Anyone who says the cars handle more realistic in NFS or Forza is plain wrong.

Unless your using a controller and then.. well your using a controller......

Forza has steering aids constantly enabled even with everything turned off. You have to drive like a muppet to spin out in Forza. Sure its a fun game but the handling model is far far far from real.

NFS is an arcade game. Handles like one.

Fully agree!!

IMO GT5 has more of a simulator type feel wheras the other 2 are more arcade type racers, but each to their own and that blah blah blah :lol:

I think a lot of the handling weirdness is down to stock cars tyres (comfort or whatever they call em) cos they is ass.

Yep i noticed that too!! def does get better as you progress, though i hate streaming then the AI blocks as you slingshot!

I think the people complaining about not having enough euros, need to realise who this games real target market(worldwide) is...Boy racers and gamers is where the big $$ is, not for the average stereo typical euro car driver :(

I think the people complaining about not having enough euros, need to realise who this games real target market(worldwide) is...Boy racers and gamers is where the big $$ is, not for the average stereo typical euro car driver :(

Also Japan is probably the biggest market for the game, hence why there are far more japanese cars etc

I'll still be buying it regardless of the reviews.

reading some of the reviews - are you guys noticing a major difference between certain cars in terms of details and looks?

Some reviews stating only 200 cars have received the 'premium' detail treatment while the other look like they come straight from previous versions?

Its really good! Good sound track too.

I agree the cars feel wooden as hell to start with, but tweaking the suspension and new tyres does wonders.

Im gonna say it.

Best GT yet, and im only like level 10 :D

There are lots of races too be done, big game.

Edited by Jacko

reading some of the reviews - are you guys noticing a major difference between certain cars in terms of details and looks?

Some reviews stating only 200 cars have received the 'premium' detail treatment while the other look like they come straight from previous versions?

There is 800 cars which use GT4s photo mode models

They look fine during the game , not so hot in still photos.

The 230+ Premium cars are modeled to a level where they can be used on the PS4, Every nut and bolt is modeled.

GT5 photo travel mode should give a good idea of what the cars will look like on PS4 in real time.

I would not be surprised if GT6 was a PS4 launch title

I'm thoroughly impressed with it. It's definitely exceeded my expectations.

Personally I think this is by far the biggest leap forward the GT series has had (I've owned 1,2,3 and 4).

The physics are FINALLY accurate and for the most part the graphics are pretty flawless and deliver on the trailer's promises.

I started off with an MX5 and I've never driven one in real life, but I think they've done a pretty good job of replicating how it handles. There's controllable lift off oversteer and it's nice and nimble. On that note, the rear steps out in most cars and you can drift them pretty controllably. A HUGE step up from GT4 where no matter the car it would just understeer or snap oversteer with no predictability.

Great variety of game modes with the inclusion of karting, nascar, drifting etc. I like how they've completely separated A and B spec modes. Now if you wanna be a fag and let the computer race for you it's not counted the same as your own achievements.

It's great to have more than 6 cars in every race too.

Online racing should be a blast.

The exhaust note of the cars is pretty good. Still remotely generic, but infinitely more tailored to each car than GT4's sounds. I find myself driving with the whole car view just to hear the exhaust better, even though I prefer the "front splitter" view.

Weather and night/day effects are amazing. This is probably what I'm most impressed by. They are incredibly realistic and make it very aesthetically pleasing.

I love the new track with the jump and big overhead loop - Dunno what it's called.

Overall I'm more than satisfied with it. Should keep me occupied for more than 140 hours, satisfying my $1 or less per hour of entertainment threshold :D.

Add me - King_Karl1 (dunno if it matters but note the capitals)