Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Gran Turismo 5

Whats the trick do reducing the snappyness of a mid engined car?

Got the lotus europa moooovin (1:3~ on trial mountain with 170hp!), its a weapon, but she bites hard when it gets slightly pear shaped, snaps around too fast to catch it.

Slightly more rear camber, slightly harder bound on the front or raise the front spring rate, lower rear rebound. A few ways to go about it, or don't turn as hard? Using one of the fancy steering wheels will sort it.

Does anyone know what LCD TV is best for viewing GT5?

A friend of mine got a 40" Samsung the other day, while playing GT5 flicker and harsh lines are quite noticeable. He's a little bit annoyed about it, but are there any LCDs that display the game better?

Get a Plasma for fast moving games. Modern Plasmas are superior imo. You can get a decent 42 Panasonic Plasma V series for $1600 from Bond and Bond at the moment. Down from $2400rrp. Very good value for money.

Whats the trick do reducing the snappyness of a mid engined car?

Got the lotus europa moooovin (1:3~ on trial mountain with 170hp!), its a weapon, but she bites hard when it gets slightly pear shaped, snaps around too fast to catch it.

Learn how to drive it.

In old GT’s you would just fit a spoiler and set max down force.

My Supercharged MR2 is mean, its sideways the whole race!

I have a 205 Turbo 16 and two Renaultsport Clio V6’s and a Alpine A100, if you can drive those you are set.

Is anyone else thinking this game is silly amounts of easy, well the races are the challenges are slightly harder.. is there a difficulty setting I haven’t found?

My favourite car to drive this far is still the Alfa Romeo GTA. So so good.

Posted Image

The FT86 is a good time also, sports version moreso.

Kingkarl added as freind..

Surely other people are noticing the tyre problem? I have a 700hp Dodge Challenger with hard race tyres and within two laps of Leguna Seca there is thick smoke pouring out of the wheel arches, doesn't effect handling just think it's weird. Thoroughly enjoying this game however, nearly completed the expert section.....i play too much :mellow:

I really need a wheel lol

I also really need friends on my friends list lol - add me, wommzz

I really need a wheel lol

I also really need friends on my friends list lol - add me, wommzz

Just did, "joshsti"

The FT86 is a good time also, sports version moreso.

Looooooovin this car. Well I was until I gave it too much power for the chassis to handle, now it handles kinda sh*t.

I seriously want to get one when I'm done with uni. They're not too much slower than the M3 - at least on a twisty track. Also tuned the crap out of my M3 and with anything less than slicks and traction control set to 5 it's quite the handful.

only just hit 10, im having trouble finding time to invest in this game :(

any tips for earning $$ quick/easy? im sure i have always had the problem of buying a car, doing it up, then having nothing left ...

It's all in the special challenges.

If you can pass the nascar special events with gold on intermediate difficulty you get about 55k per challenge + heaps of exp points, and there's 4 challenges.

Same with the karts and nurburgring challenge, pretty easy money.

It's all in the special challenges.

If you can pass the nascar special events with gold on intermediate difficulty you get about 55k per challenge + heaps of exp points, and there's 4 challenges.

Same with the karts and nurburgring challenge, pretty easy money.

But cant we only do those events once only to earn $$?

I tried doin it again to get the $$ but there is no prize money after u done it unless u improved eg from bronze to silver

That flamin nascar thing is a biatch with a D-pad, I still havent even passed one of them! Nurburgring is easy enough to get silvers.

But cant we only do those events once only to earn $$?

I tried doin it again to get the $$ but there is no prize money after u done it unless u improved eg from bronze to silver

Yeah you can only do them once, but it's a way to get some quick cash and your exp up.

NASCAR definitely is a biatch on the d-pad. I've only been able to get gold on 50% of them with it.

did the expert nascar one today and wasnt to bad =D also did all the nascar races i need to save for the F1 race now.

Anyone running V2 yet?

Saw the download today.. But 1.2gig's from the PS server is an over night job.

Im still playing this game, it has staying power ;)

Favourite car is a toss up between the AW11 mr2, and the Suzuki GSXR4 (which is 1300cc of zonda killing weapon)

Edited by Jacko

my ps3 is out for warranty repair.. damn blue ray died on me :(

is it too late to buy gt5 or is there a new one coming out ? i only used my ps3 to play fifa with friends

keen to try out

it will take them 5 more years to bring out the next one, And for $35 i think its worth it. Might go download v2

That cockpit look awesome. What sort of seat did you put in there?

Just a second hand one atm getting the new seat in a few days [racing bucket seat]

with a g27 with my custom made f1 wheel with 6 buttons.

Still playing the game, still really enjoying it. Mostly just the seasonal events though.

there are some good races online with aus and nz blokes.. clean races no bumps and REALLY close racing awesome :)