Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Gran Turismo 5

is it just me wondering if the companies that make PS3 S/Wheel controllers are swimming in it courtesy of GT5??

And on that note, does the wheel make a marked difference in the 'feel' to the game, eg is it worth spending the $200-$300 for them?

Laurence

+1, going to EB games tonite...someone please say its worth it :D

Try avoid EB Games, my mates bought Call Of Duty Black Ops for $155 from them where i paid $119 from Jb Hi Fi, unless they got some good sales goin on

yeah i agree, prefer the xbox controller for racing games!

Well you only have 2 fingers on the shoulder buttons if you stupidly set it up that way. You know L2 and R2 are triggers just like a Xsux right?

Try avoid EB Games, my mates bought Call Of Duty Black Ops for $155 from them where i paid $119 from Jb Hi Fi, unless they got some good sales goin on

They've got a bundle for $676 which is the cheapest that I have seen...otherwise yeah, too expensive

They've got a bundle for $676 which is the cheapest that I have seen...otherwise yeah, too expensive

Im digging that 320gig PS3 Gran Turismo style with GT5 game, if i didnt have a ps3 already i would so buy it, looks sick, but then the novelty will wear out like my halo edition xbox360 :P

Well you only have 2 fingers on the shoulder buttons if you stupidly set it up that way. You know L2 and R2 are triggers just like a Xsux right?

Yeah, but the ps3 triggers don't feel or respond the same as the xbox controllers do on forza or shift!

I"m going to shell out $600 for 320GB PS3 + GT5 + Red Ded Redemption tomorrow arvo. Will I regret it?

Yeah, probally after about a week and you are sick of it.

Finally got mine this morning in the post!

Beeen playin all day n I hav to say it is bloody awesome!

I like how the wiper n the horn works hahha

My Playstation Network ID is: nickchin1308

Feel free to add! Keen to try out the 16 player race :D

Went in to Noel Lemmings yesterday on the off chance they had some left, three on the shelf so didn't have the hassle of pre booking it, so far i reckon it's quite good! Got an EK Civic as the first car, sounds like a Vtec Honda which i think is pretty cool, fitted pod and exhaust and now sounds even better!

Can anyone explain why it starts smoking hard out on either side of the car after two to three laps on any given track? Don't have to hit anything, just starts smoking?

Have they made the game so real that they even put in smokey engine syndrome :lol: Seems to come from front wheels as if they're rubbing.

Edited by Greg.

Went in to Noel Lemmings yesterday on the off chance they had some left, three on the shelf so didn't have the hassle of pre booking it, so far i reckon it's quite good! Got an EK Civic as the first car, sounds like a Vtec Honda which i think is pretty cool, fitted pod and exhaust and now sounds even better!

Can anyone explain why it starts smoking hard out on either side of the car after two to three laps on any given track? Don't have to hit anything, just starts smoking?

Have they made the game so real that they even put in smokey engine syndrome :lol: Seems to come from front wheels as if they're rubbing.

probably the tyres, but if not maybe give it an oil change. I went for FC RX7 for first car. Moved onto an M Coupe now though.

ID: M1ves if anyone wants a race

Heh, a friend of mine got the game the other day, had a go of it today. Bit disappointed really, could see myself getting very bored, very quickly.

Ah well!

Edited by Achtzylinder

Go to the main menu, not home, and go past gt tv arcade mode etc and go options, click on that its the 4th setting on the right, after display or whatever the third one is.

You'd think it was there under the 'Units' section, but no. Ah well.

my mate got it on Friday, and after spending a few hours at his place cranking it out, I decided that yes it is time to get a PS3, so I went and got that JBhifi 320gig + GT5 package deal :)

probably the tyres, but if not maybe give it an oil change. I went for FC RX7 for first car. Moved onto an M Coupe now though.

ID: M1ves if anyone wants a race

Yeah i assumed it was the tyres, noticed today that it's when the tyre symbol is pinkish red it starts smoking, after a few laps like that it gets really bad!

I would've wasted at least 15 hours on it so far, gotten quite far i must say. The GT tour is very cool except for the race in the pitch black night where you can't see anything.

Yeah, but the ps3 triggers don't feel or respond the same as the xbox controllers do on forza or shift!

You can't play forza on a PS3 controller, so how would you know?

But of course the xbox triggers must be better. There is one thing about a xbox/ps3 fanboy that can always be predicted: bias! No offence, or offence?

Bring up the view on GT where you see a bar which shows how much you are pushing both the acc and brake buttons, learn how hard you have to push to do 5 seperate levels of pressure. From there, do 8, then 10. 10 is enough. Sweet!

Well got myself PS3 and GT5 and I can say Im very pleased. Can't say that the graphics is any better than FM3 tho, however I think GT5 sorted handling much better. And more cars and tracks.

probably a noob question, but how do I know it is outputting HD audio?

since it outputs the game in Linear PCM, my receiver doesn't light up the HD audio indicator

or should I just presume it is doing it properly? lol

Whats the trick do reducing the snappyness of a mid engined car?

Got the lotus europa moooovin (1:3~ on trial mountain with 170hp!), its a weapon, but she bites hard when it gets slightly pear shaped, snaps around too fast to catch it.

Try playing with LSD settings - Up the initial torque and acceleration lock a bit.

Buy racing tyres?

Or if you wanna bitch out, turn on skid recovery/traction control haha.

Slightly lower spring rates at the back fixed it, not quite as go karty but doesnt bite like a biatch quite so bad!

1.32 around Trial mountain with less than 200hp, the best I could get with the M3 CSL was 1.4ish.

Keen for an online race.

Can you have a clutch button? Kicking the clutch completes any game....slipping it could be fun too.