Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Gran Turismo 5

$109 at noel leemings...http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/games-gaming/playstation-3-ps3/playstation-3-games-ps3/playstation-3-gt5ps3-gran-turismo-5/prod1339.html

Pretty sure that means you can buy it anywhere and price match it. =)

Edited by Richiz

Mightyape charged my card today ;)

^^ That JB Hi Fi bundle is a good buy.

$687 - $109 (game price) = $578 320Gb Console.

I might trade in 4 games and get it for free at JB Hi Fi, keen to head along for the midnight launch!

Got it about 20 mins ago and now installing...keen for a jam on monday if you boys are in!!

That explains the big grin on your face when you were driving down hillside road before?

Guest Simon*

Post your online handle and have a virtual bimmersport race? :D

Screenshots and results compulsory!

Its only $120 mate.

Are you looking at brand new "race" wheels??

120 + the cost of a ps3.

Once I have them sorted will reveal what they are. They are not new and not centerlocks if thats what you mean. They need a refurb.

Shiiiiiiiit, how are you guys getting it so early!

+1, i mean i was one of the first people to play Call Of Duty Black Ops but that was only a day early because i had friends at JB Hi Fi who could rent it out a day in advance.

Some courier is off playing my copy at the moment <_<

Just received a call from Noel Leeming who said my copy of GT5 is ready to be picked up............

from tomorrow. It better be good because the suspense is killing me lol

Oh its good

Its so very very good.

SSR7 online with friends reminds me of playing Tokyo Extreme racer on the PS2.

It's so so pretty, better in 3D than i thought it would be!! physics engine is a little different and has taken a bit of getting used too. still has the stupid licenses you have to do and am going down my traditional road, starting off in a easy upgradeable ricer...STI.

pssh after reading this thread I want is big LCD, PS3 and GT5 with wheel and pedlas..f**k the lot of ya's! haha :ph34r:

I'm not going to get a wheel, I managed alright with GT4 back in the day just crankin' the dual shock

I prefer the controller over a wheel... Unless I had a lounge and a wheel setup, I can never enjoy using a wheel.

i like to be able to casually pull out a controler, flip monitor channels and play for a bit.

5 years in the making and a 133MB update on first day of release :D

Installing......

I prefer the controller over a wheel... Unless I had a lounge and a wheel setup, I can never enjoy using a wheel.

i like to be able to casually pull out a controler, flip monitor channels and play for a bit.

Yeah same here, though i think it has been designed more as a simulator with wheel in mind...or that's a good excuse for struggling so far :lol:

After a day and nights playing am still as excited...it's a very very pretty GT4/prologue but with GT2 sized amount of cars (too many of the same models just re-tuned IMO), same old tracks with a few new ones mainly F1, TopGear test track and AMG driving academy Nurburgring, some cool game modes, karting, rally and nascar.

TBH i don't know if i would rush out and buy a PS3 for it.

We'll see what you other guys reckon!

Edited by cliffdunedin

Not decided yet.

Loading times for the menu seem a bit silly at the moment (10Gb install) without all the electronic gizzmos stock cars handle like poo- understeer for africa, then snap over steer particular the chrome line M3.

Graphics are nice. Need more playing with to decide properly if it was worth 5 years of development :D

It is pretty though!

Loading times for the menu seem a bit silly at the moment (10Gb install)

My loading time isn't bad after the install, what edition of the game did you get?

My install is less than 7Gb inc the update!

Keep us updated, very tempted to go and get PS3 + GT5 bundle from JB HiFi tonight.