Sign in to follow this  
Nic325i

Tyre Choice

whilst we are on the topic...what are opinions on putting 215/50R15 on basketweaves?

do eet - just do eet.

toyo T1s wore out really quick on my mates WRX (2 sets).

whilst we are on the topic...what are opinions on putting 215/50R15 on basketweaves?

I had Falkens which looked cool, massive deep angled pattern, but they weren't that grippy. I have Nanking NS-1s now. They are totally ok. Quite a hard compound, decent in the wet, as good as flash looking Falkens.

True true (what location are you thinking

left left right left through the pine tress on the way down after you pass wadestown shops heading away from town!!!!How much did you have to drink the other night anyway!!!!!

left left right left through the pine tress on the way down after you pass wadestown shops heading away from town!!!!How much did you have to drink the other night anyway!!!!!

Paul, I experienced the chicane you are talking about on Saturday! very nice... what's with the garage at the end of it?!?!?

thats where carl last tested his tyres hahahaha,no the bank came down during all that rain we had one week a little while ago,next time you go through there look up high above that garage,you will have to slow down a bit and be lookin up as you come out of the left hander in the pine trees proper.be careful going over the hump after the right hander 1) buses,2) martyn doing a ten point turn trying to go up lytton st :o

on topic ladies, or pm.

well no one seems to make 215/50R15.....so that solves that

looking like i will go for the direzzas tomorrow....180 each....sound about right?

really like the look of old FM901....just a bugger they not made

haha i mean look of as in tread pattern....the FM901 has bigger blocks...IE more rubber on road and less tread separation than lots a little blocks

as i understand it anyway

I get my Direzza's tomorros (Saturday)

Will be having one last flogging run on the barum's to Wanganui late tonight and back very early in the morning to avoid cars and cops :)

I rated the FM901, but got the direzza's on at the moment

and no complaints from me, quite quiet as well, trying the new Dunlop Sportmaxx next

from all accounts they are very good as well

try the forgotten highway between stratford and taumaranui

150k of windy windy

ps the 15km corner actually means 15km first time I've ever got my abs to go in the dry

great tyre test road, about 10k of gravel in the middle just to keep things even more interesting

I rated the FM901, but got the direzza's on at the moment

and no complaints from me, quite quiet as well, trying the new Dunlop Sportmaxx next

from all accounts they are very good as well

try the forgotten highway between stratford and taumaranui

150k of windy windy

ps the 15km corner actually means 15km first time I've ever got my abs to go in the dry

great tyre test road, about 10k of gravel in the middle just to keep things even more interesting

Is that the road with the Hobbit's Hole tunnel???

Don't think I want to take the barum's out on that road, i've lost all confidence in their wet weather ability, not to mention the flat spots are driving me nutz and making my hands feel like Classius Clay's :wacko:

I thought I could just drive out the flat spots with some excessive driving style, but no, they're the devil you know

barums suck balls! got the direzzas on..happily they also seemed to have fixed my "alignment" problem i thought i had....seem good so far havnt driven much....the FM901's would have been perfect though...ah well. Discount Tyres Browns Bay....good bunch

barums suck balls! got the direzzas on..happily they also seemed to have fixed my "alignment" problem i thought i had....seem good so far havnt driven much....the FM901's would have been perfect though...ah well. Discount Tyres Browns Bay....good bunch

You had barum alignment probs too???

I went from an alright straightish alignment to a very serious left hand pull when I stuck the Barum's on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .hmmmmm, me hopes that my alignment problem is just the crappy barums

nah with old tyres...was running spare and something else you could see the cords on the inner shoulder....was pulling to the left before today so planned to get an alignment after i got tyres, but alignment turns out to seem fine

Oh so stoked, got the Direzza's on this morning and they're an arm and leg over the barum's, alignment problem has dissapeared, they're much quieter, and they hold the road remarkably better...I say this as I did the Wadestown chicane several times to test them, I thought once would be enough, but I couldn't believe how quiet and grippy they were so I had to try it several more times to see when they'd start to slip and squeal...never happened...stoked :bounce:

having had a couple of decent drives on them....loving the direzzas....its such a different experience driving an e30 with decent tyres.....its pretty cool....still loving the crap rears though :D

i got bridgestone Grid II which aprently is real quite good

so i imagine Grid III is even better and at a decent price too

There's G-III and MY01 to choose from~

G-III is a lot better than G-II IMO

much quieter, longer milage 20000km vs 25000km (real figures, as I used both)

MY01, stilll very new. The Firestone guy I talked to say they are poor-man's G-III

They are for the boy-racers that used all the money on mods and lowering and can't get warranty due to worn tyres; Yet want some decent tyres so they don't fly off a cliff.

MY01 is not as good as the G-III (it's only 10-15% cheaper), but G-III has a lot more technology built into the tyre and last a bit longer.

G-III is on special at the moment I think.

25K .. is that supposed to be good milage on a set of tires ??

Cause i've done 24K and i'm not even half way through them ... and i'm not easy on them ...

25K .. is that supposed to be good milage on a set of tires ??

Cause i've done 24K and i'm not even half way through them ... and i'm not easy on them ...

I got 40k kms off the barum bravuras and they still had over 2mm tread on all 4 tyres, they were crap tires but a very hard compound and while hard tires are good for economy they suck for grip.

My pulsar went forever on some kellys :lol:

On my Isuzu I got 15k kms off a set of firehawks <_<

I'd have thought 25k kms is a good life, that's at least 2 years of driving worth.

Fortunately for me, the better a tyre is the less it lasts

hence Slicks lasting about 250Km,

Tarmac Rally tyres (road legal) 5-10 relatively normal driving maybe 1000km hard out