Sign in to follow this  
Goom

New Bimmer Owner in Upper Hutt!

Hi there all,

Just bought me a 1989 320i so I figured I'd better join up to the equivalent forum :D I've been lurking for a week or two, but I'm keen to learn more about my new ride (and hopefully get me some sweet deals on the mods I'm planning B) )...

Some of you may know if you're NZ Hondas members, not that I post that much on there either! Here's a picture of my new baby:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm planning to replace the original shocks/springs with something less tired, plus hopefully slap some BBS spoked rims on around about the same time...

Edited by Goom

Welcome to the Forum. You're at the right place if you want to learn alot. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome, must be time we organised another get together for the Wellington guys, I will put something in the Meetings forum.

Welcome to the forum.

So you've ditched the Honda?

Welcome mate, nice to see another Wellington member, I echo what Stephen says, definitely time for another meet up.

Welcome sir,

Looks like a fine unmolested example! Is she Manual?

Hi - another memeber from Upper Hutt - well done.

welcome :)

I'm over in Clouston Park area if you want to hang out and talk sh!t

Welcome mate-good to see you've come to your senses ^_^

Haha the irony is that I never actually bought a Honda - I'm just on the forum cos of a couple of mates... So I guess I came to my senses before I committed the mistake :P She's "just" the auto at the moment, although this may change at a later date... Right now the priority is suspension plus wheels and I don't know where to start so any guidance is much appreciated :D Looking forward to catching up with some of you Welly chaps/chapesses in the not too distant future :)

Welcome, tech 1 rear wing, nice.

Welcome! just moved to trentham from stokes valley yesterday! No E30s here yet though, still locked up at me Grans lol

Welcome! just moved to trentham from stokes valley yesterday!

best move ever :)

almost enough upper hutt folk to have our own meet lol

Haha the irony is that I never actually bought a Honda - I'm just on the forum cos of a couple of mates... So I guess I came to my senses before I committed the mistake :P She's "just" the auto at the moment, although this may change at a later date... Right now the priority is suspension plus wheels and I don't know where to start so any guidance is much appreciated :D Looking forward to catching up with some of you Welly chaps/chapesses in the not too distant future :)

You're forgiven then lol.

Some good shocks ie bilstein sports or similar,some superlow springs-kings(about 390 a set) or higher qual if its in ur budget & youre already looking hot & handling better.

Wheels-most will say dont go bigger than 16s but some 17s can pull it off just.

Then as budget allows start working thro the bushes.

Edited by 1rotty

best move ever :)

almost enough upper hutt folk to have our own meet lol

yeah hard out! Enjoying the new place so far eh. im in the questionable area though but been fine so far lol

not Merton St I hope?

That place is dodgy as haha