Sign in to follow this  
EVLBMA

FINES...?

Does anyone out there have any unpaid fines? I've heard if you overpay your fine by even as little as $5 it will leave you with a credit balance on your licence. Then when (if) you get another fine, the police computer can't handle it (no fine to pay). This sounds rediculous and i highly doubt it would work but for $5 i'd give it a try. :huh:

In theory, the story goes. That you over pay your fine and they cannot close your infringement off (i.e. allocate demerits) until it has been settled.

They would then be required to send you a payment to reconcile. If you don't bank the cheque. They stil can't close it.

I have no idea if it actually works however.

Old wives tale.

But I have heard that if you pull a funny face and the wind changes direction that your face stays that way (well thats how my mother always explained my looks and how I got them anyway).

Cheers

Would only work if you had an automatic deduction to pay it off. Noone at the courts or Westpac etc is going to let you overpay a fine on purpose. Too much effort to figure out exactly when to increase or stop your payment to make only a small overpay.

But would be interested to see what would happen though.

Wow.. what a good idea.

A shame i can't use it

Easy, just "borrow" your parents car and go for a drive past the cop shop a few times. Eventually they will pick you up and you'll get fined for driving without a license, and be forbidden to drive (stupid, I know - your not allowed to drive because you drove when your not allowed to drive???) Then you can try it.

Anyway, a bit silly saying it is a shame you don't have a fine to overpay.

i have heard this also. It may have been true once upon a time.

Im more interested in this one: If you drill o hole in your 20c piece and tie thread to it you can get free street fighter credits.

the other side to this that I heard was that they send you a cheque for the overpayment amount say $5

but dont cash it, and the transaction remains open

handy if you have lots of demerits as the points dont go on until the txion is complete, maybe they have fixed this loophole.

the points still get dated from when you received the initial ticket

so in theory you should be able to cash the cheque after 2 years and be cool for school.

personally I have just spent two years driving like mum to lose my points and am not in a hurry to test this theory

I ain't ever had a demerit point and i'm not about to start accumulating them for fun either. My mum has more demerit points than I do and she's a nanna so that's kinda interesting...

I think Jamahl at one stage was very close to exceeding the allowable dose of points :o

The theory is TRUE.

it is worth doing if the ticket will put you over 100 demerit points (loose license)

it works like this:

1. over pay fine

2. recieve refund cheuqe and don't bank it (put it in your sock drawer)

3. you still have a license

4. BUT..... when you do bank the cheque your demerit points start for that ticket and stay there for 2 years.

a friend of mine still has his license 4 months after recieving the refund cheque

it's a small compromise but atleast you'll have a license the whole time however if you get fined again i'm sure they'd pick up on it.

driving like mum

Well if you drive like my Mum, then you would be in jail for the traffic offences

:lol: Jks

Im more interested in this one: If you drill o hole in your 20c piece and tie thread to it you can get free street fighter credits.

Where the hell do u get this sh*t from? :lol:

Where the hell do u get this sh*t from? :lol:
an old school boy trick. Lower the coin into the slot slowly by the string, and when it hits the switch, raise and lower the coin so you keep getting credits.

I don't condone this behaviour, because its basically theift.

an old school boy trick. Lower the coin into the slot slowly by the string, and when it hits the switch, raise and lower the coin so you keep getting credits.

I don't condone this behaviour, because its basically theift.

Yeah, its not a good idea cos it is sort of theft, but still, its pretty brainy.

Maybe the same could be done with those food machines... or a drink machine?

Now that would definitely be theft.

I kicked one of those Coke machines once in an empty car park and a few coins came it :D

I may be mistaken and correct me if thats the case..

but I understand that if you break the law then you get a fine.

So if you don't want fines/demerit points DON'T break the law... pretty simple really...just my take on it

cheers Matt

would be handy to know if this works.....i dont mind paying the ticket as much as the demerits bringing me way too close to losing license

and as for not breaking the law....impossible not to if you actually enjoy driving your car.....and some cops have no leniancy what so ever

I've voting that its an old wives tale.

(and of course if you're paying by Automatic Payment all they need to do is Direct Credit your account...)

I must almost have a clean license by now.

Hey that would be a good poll... anyone?

Guest Spargo

I used to do that street fighter trick, man those were the days...

Fines trick doesnt work. Used to, doesn't now. Loop hole has been closed since around 2000.

I kicked one of those Coke machines once in an empty car park and a few coins came it

if you kept em thats theft too!!!! :angry:

I may be mistaken and correct me if thats the case..

So if you don't want fines/demerit points DON'T break the law... pretty simple really..

would be handy to know if this works.....

Yeah I might try this "don't break the law" thing too. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong! :D Wonder if it works???

I got a doz cokes for $1 from a vending machine in a carpark once. I kept them as a loyalty bonus.

:finger:

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

free sh*t rules.

we pwned the whangamata spaceys with the 20c trick :D

and then again when everything went to the dollar mission : /

f**kers.

ps dont wanna get fines, dont be a retard on the roads.

This does actually seem a reasonable idea if ever in this situation.

I heard of a great test for this theory. A retard with an E30 320i sedan, no springs, hideous chromes, stupid loud exhaust (auto) rediculous tints, (must be 0%) rediculous. welded diff centre, no WOF or rego and daily driven!!!! Will keep this site well informed on court proceedings for this idiot.

Thanks all.

[i may be mistaken and correct me if thats the case..

So if you don't want fines/demerit points DON'T break the law... pretty simple really...just my take on it

]

To a certain extent. The labour government dreamt up a lot of stupid laws not for our safety but as revenue gathering, eg speed cameras on passing lanes.