Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Tek

Nissan R32 GTR track car build

They look great.

Wouldn't imagine it'd be affordable for average jo to get them made up.

White car + Gold LM's = W.I.N

We were thinking about painting them entirely black (possibly matt) with some red centre caps.

What do you reckon, too grimey?

Something like this, speedy photochop

Posted Image

Edited by Hi-Tek

Well back from the wilderness that is filming on location and back to reality

Not a lot has happened since the last update but we're hoping to have the car back together for some January trackdays.

Decided to finish the rears in a month or so and are hanging out to get the car on the track so have unfortunately put the stock brakes back on the rear.

Ended up getting a good deal on a set of new discs.

Posted Image

Made an extra set of caliper brackets on the water jet cutter and then milled a step in them. The new sets bolt holes are 2mm wider to push the caliper further to the edge of the disc.

Posted Image

Garage clutter

Posted Image

Hats are done and anodised black

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If ya need some shims for them, I have to right sizes / access to them. Ive just gone through the process of re doing all mine. I found out it was the reason my brakes were giving me some much trouble and over heating. Such a simple little thing can cause so much pain. lol

Looking real sweet btw. Should be a good season for us all.

Hey lookin good. My GTR is finally back after a second round of turbo rebuilds. Don't ask.

Hi Eddie,

Still haven't plucked up the courage to commit to a specific rate and buy them mate.

People are saying that with how stiff the HKS Hypermax suspension is there's not a lot of point in running a super hard spring.

Was hoping to have a chat to you if you've got the time?

Very small update chaps.

Today I replaced the springs with some linear Eibach springs as the car had some progressive ones in it.

I ended up going for some 800 Ib front and 500 Ib rears after much head scratching.

I got some helper springs to keep the rear springs captive as when the car is up off the ground there was about 50mm of slop with the spring.

Also purchased and installed a Cusco rear sway bar.

On the way from Japan is an Ikeya tie rod end set.

Made a cardboard mockup of the centre console, maily to hide the dash bars. Will probably make the final thing up tomorrow from aluminium.

Posted Image

Rear sway bar

Posted Image

Rear springs in

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fronts done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oops!

Was just sent these links by a friend......

Car was sold in March to make way for a 996 GT3 cup car (which turned into a pregnant wife instead)

Check out the small gif 'video' in the link below too

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wellington, Seaview Sealed Sprints event. Anyone know more?

Edited by hybrid

Edit. Didn't realise you had the link.

Bummer.

Edited by Ashkan

f**ken sucks dude, know how much time and effort you guys stuck into this :( if anything its yet another GTR lost .... a '94 as well :(

Sorry to hear about the loss, I was enjoying reading about this build Dam... i bet that gave a bit of a belt mark.

Good luck with the next adventure.

I was there in Seaview when that happened. I didn't see the actual accident unfortunately but certainly heard it and I did see the resulting carnage. Enough to bring a tear to the eye. :(

I was there in Seaview when that happened. I didn't see the actual accident unfortunately but certainly heard it and I did see the resulting carnage. Enough to bring a tear to the eye. :(

+1

Was there with my 4yo, he was most distraut to see a GTR in such a state.

What a shame!

OT; doesn't the new owner's son have [V8 TZR] the RX7 with massive amounts of power that was in a recent NZPC? if so.... that family has good taste in cars haha!

I was also there racing my S13. It was Port Road Sprints in Seaview. I didn't see it happen but i have seen the full set of pics from Geoff @ Motordrive Photography. He came out the alleyway on his second loop and lost the back end which isn't hard to do with the surface change in seal (my s13 is pretty loose there too). He countered and it swung back the other way and thats where the about pics start. Have quite a few pics of the car and video of it being dragged back to the pit area - absolutely gutting to see it, i was crying inside!! I thought i recognised the car from somewhere, and now the penny has dropped!

Just downsized and uploaded a video from those sprints which shows where it happened - on the first pass through the alleyway you'll see just after the exit the cones where he hit the Truck Stop sign and dropped oil. On my first run i had a mega sideways at the same place - prob a bit easier in a rwd to control.....

The tires on the car say it all :)

Old transport rubber that came with the car from japan.

When we had a closer look at the car the tyres were the first thing i commented on - they didn't look in the best state! A couple of weeks earlier he competed at Shelley Bay Sprints - luckily he kept it on the road with those tyres and didn't go for a swim!

Those were the tires Ollie and Willie got with the car. They weren't in a condition to be used for road driving let alone racing. They gave them to him as they were spares. Looks like he didnt change them over. He would of used them to get a warrent for the car as Ollie/Willie used slicks the whole time.

Josh has hit the nail on the head.

Those tyres were on the car when it arrived from Japan, Willie and I scoffed at them when the car arrived, they were toast.

As we never ran the car on the road they were removed straight away and replaced with a set of slicks.

They spent the two years of our ownership in a stack with a sheet over them in the corner of the garage.

I'm not sure why the chap who purchased the car wanted them, but it saved us having to go to the dump to get rid of them.

Although we just scrapped through compliance with those tyres, it was noted that they wouldn't pass another W.O.F in 6 months time if we ran them on the road. Not that we would have felt safe in doing so anyhow.

Josh has hit the nail on the head.

Those tyres were on the car when it arrived from Japan, Willie and I scoffed at them when the car arrived, they were toast.

As we never ran the car on the road they were removed straight away and replaced with a set of slicks.

They spent the two years of our ownership in a stack with a sheet over them in the corner of the garage.

I'm not sure why the chap who purchased the car wanted them, but it saved us having to go to the dump to get rid of them.

Although we just scrapped through compliance with those tyres, it was noted that they wouldn't pass another W.O.F in 6 months time if we ran them on the road. Not that we would have felt safe in doing so anyhow.

Madness - tyres are the only thing between you and the road, and on something like that you would think they would have spent a couple of $$$ for some semi's at least! As a side note the car looked awesome prior to that happening and was pretty mint, obviously a credit to you guys. I kept my eye on the build of the car as you progressed hence why i thought i'd seen the car before - ah well i guess wait and see what he does with it. I'd imagine a nose cut at minimum!