Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Tek

Nissan R32 GTR track car build

Look sideways at an Rb26DETT and they make more than 206kW at the flyweel!

Verrryy Nice build, looks like a minter to start with!

Big R32 fan :D

Edited by Jacko

Ha yes 270kW at the rollers is definitely far from stock. A bit of boost tickle I bet (or a lot)

Get to ride in a 600kW R34 GTR in the next few weeks :D

That you do my friend! Cant wait! Awesome project here, will definatly be keeping a close eye on it. good luck

Awesome project!

are you test fitting everything then removing it all to prep and paint?

Nice work! If you want to join a very close knit GTR community (90% Soichi's customers) you can register at my forum: www.gtr-elite.com

Just let me know your username so I activate correct application. Glad there are so many Group A era fans like me around :)

Cheers

Andy

Smallish update today.

Roll cage is moving along, main hoop diagonal, harness bars, transmission tunnel bar and most of the passengers side door bars are done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chop chop!, seems this will be the only way to mount the passenger seat.

Posted Image

Some dodgy plumbing of the clutch and brake lines from the master cylinders. Not entirely happy, will probably end up doing them in braided stainless with some banjo fittings over the next month or two. Currently what you can see runs into some bulkhead fittings in the firewall.

Posted Image

Glad there are so many Group A era fans like me around :)

Cheers

Andy

Thats only because you're old like me :lol:

anyway like I said before this cars going to be a hot rod. Can't want to see it going :D

Thats only because you're old like me :lol:

anyway like I said before this cars going to be a hot rod. Can't want to see it going :D

I'm only 28 Eddie :unsure: , I was born in 1981 you see. I barely remember Bathurst 1988, '89, '90, '91 and '92 but still think these cars can't be beat by today's standards. I love anything from the Group B era too

I'm only 28 Eddie :unsure: , I was born in 1981 you see. I barely remember Bathurst 1988, '89, '90, '91 and '92 but still think these cars can't be beat by today's standards. I love anything from the Group B era too

I was referring to Andy :rolleyes:

since we are on the subject....

freshly rebuilt RB28, back in the hole yesterday.....

post-5771-1285273890.jpg

Edited by M5V8

Mines going in for tuning on wed :D. your cage looks absolutely epic! @ M5V8... Dam with an rb28 some awesome numbers in the torque department will come up, see your still running twin turbos judging by the piping on the engine? what size out of interest?

Edited by Sammy J

Mines going in for tuning on wed :D. your cage looks absolutely epic! @ M5V8... Dam with an rb28 some awesome numbers in the torque department will come up, see your still running twin turbos judging by the piping on the engine? what size out of interest?

They are smaller response orientated turbo's since the car is used in hillclimbs/sprints and eventually targa.

So the car is nice and easy to drive :rolleyes:

Torque wins races.

update before it rusts :P

Yea, sorry Eddie, we've been a bit slack lately. I'm stuck in Wellington on The Hobbit and Willie is about to head off to the U.S for four weeks.

Anyhow, flew home on the weekend.

Got the master cylinders temporarily plumbed up and the brakes bled. Bled the clutch, drilled out any unnecessary brackets that aren't needed anymore before painting.

Test fitted the seats and harnesses and managed to make sense of the wiring and get the car going enough to take it for a lap around the block.

Also have removed the suspension as it is being rebuilt this week.

This weekend (Mrs permitting) will be change the brake pads and refit the suspension.

Passengers side, had to chop the floor out a bit to make the seat work.

Posted Image

Door bars in with gusseting, also the dash bar bracing is done (just in front of the gear stick)

Posted Image

Poor quality cellphone pic of the dash bracing

Posted Image

Close up of the door gusseting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Hi-Tek

newb question - is there a reason its all been TIG'd? (from what I can see anyway). ie is that standard practise for roll cages, or the type of bar you've used etc? Just thinking MIG would have been fine in some if those situations and been cheaper/quicker for no real loss. Is all looking very cool though

newb question - is there a reason its all been TIG'd? (from what I can see anyway). ie is that standard practise for roll cages, or the type of bar you've used etc? Just thinking MIG would have been fine in some if those situations and been cheaper/quicker for no real loss. Is all looking very cool though

im guessing its chrome moly...