Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

Good stuff Glenn.

The habit has been with you a while so that would be hard, the addiction itself is no different, Nicotine is equally addictive to anyone, a pack a day smoker is just as addicted as a pack a week smoker.

One thing I have struggled with is social occasions with friends who smoke, especially seeing both my best mates smoke, you end up avoiding people… I would think this social aspect could make it harder for younger people.

Well done Glenn, that's a real achievement! Keep it up, you'll be running a marathon in no time

Into week 10 ATM... week 11 starts Monday. Coping a little better too. I realy didn't think it would be that hard. It would be a lot easier for younger people who haven't smoked for so many years.

BTW: The last cigarette I have ever touched was at 3.00am Monday the 20th September 2010

I've also saved $2,244.oo :P

nearly halfway to one of the nicest cars on Bimmersport.... :lol:

Halfway through the easy way book that turned up yesterday, ordered it ages ago, turns out there wasnt a copy in the country (new edition) and it got slow boated here..

its not a bad read! I was expecting preachy "Smoking is bad for you, you weak minded muppet!" carry on, but its totally the opposite.

Just had a durrie, and I for the first time realised how f**ken nasty they are..

Hows quitting going Glenn?

Edited by Jacko

I don't smoke Chris....haven't touched a smoke since 3.00am September the 20th 2010 :P

Good sh*t. ;)

Quite an inspiring read, this thread. Good on you, Glenn, for sticking to your guns and quitting. I have never smoked, so cannot imagine what it is like to break a drug related habit. Someone reckoned this should be stickied as an inpsiration to other Bimmers to give up the dreaded weed, not such a silly idea!

Congrats, well done!

Being inspired & impressed by Glenns effort,I booked a session with a hypnotherapist as I too was desperate to quit-Ive been smoking 30 odd a day since I was 15.

I am super cynical about anything 'different' or 'not run of the mill' so I figured it was a $125 long shot.

I walked out of the session & commented to my daughter-"well that was a waste of time". I felt no different & would swear I was aware throughout. Not sure what I was expecting but there certainly werent any lightening bolts.

That was Nov 22-I havent smoked since! Dont ask me how or why & I take no credit for stopping whatsoever. I simply do not ever feel like a smoke.

Go figure!! lol THANK YOU GLENN-I will forever be in your debt for the inspiration

Edited by 1rotty
  • Like 1

That's truley great news Mark... I may have inspired you to have a longer life

Still off them....the shyte I'm dealing with ATM is alot harder to deal with though.

I have noticed both Mark and yourself have reduced the amount you post on Bimmersport, im thinking there is definite link to Bimmersport and smoking.

Good stuff guys.

FANTASTIC effort Glenn, keep it up!

Hopefully this thread will be the catalyst to many more following in your footsteps :)

Top effort mate, well done. My younger brother is p.a.d smoker and he's been trying to quit for ages. Patches, gum, electronic (wtf) cigarettes etc and has had no luck. Then again he does work in the hospo industry.

Keep it up!

I have noticed both Mark and yourself have reduced the amount you post on Bimmersport, im thinking there is definite link to Bimmersport and smoking.

Good stuff guys.

Lol Graham I think its bmws /associated stress related. Drinking increased in direct proportion to decrease in nicotine intake hahhahaha.

I am now a gibbering mess with alcohol induced Parkinsons incapable of opening the shed door let alone actually working on any of the beasts.

Ashkan-tell him to try hypno-wkd 4 me

It only takes one cigarette to be addicted to Nicotine and it takes three weeks for it to get out of your system.

It’s a bugger of a drug, since I have quite end of 09 I have been on a few benders and ended up buying a pack and one night of smoking can have me craving again for a couple of weeks.

Easy way to quit smoking is the only way I have skills to control the addiction.

http://allencarr.com/

I am disgusted by smokers now and won’t even travel in a car that stinks of smoke. Its foul and a big waist of money.. last time I got a pact it was $13 for 20.. only smoked one and gave the pack away.

I'm still not smoking.... but still having to deal with other issues is hard

Keep going!! Don't waver! Not long to go before the other issues are just a bad dream........ ! It's over 7 months now, so you are a confirmed NON-SMOKER!! :)

Hang in there Glenn, its really only one day at a time, or hour at a time as the case maybe.

January 2000 I woke up at 1.50am breathing at about 5%. One lung had folded as I found out later, Dr. gave me a job of something that made me feel like David Bowie looked in the 70's and I slept like a baby - in the morning I ended up in hospital for 19 days on a breathing machine thingo. It took a year carrying around a portable Oxy unit plugged into the cigar lighter just to be on the safe side.

It really is worth the effort to accept the fact that the worst day not smoking is still better than the best day when we did. .... and be cautious with the Patches - some people OD on those big time, rip them off if you start seeing in 3D !

the very best,

Paul - E36

i heard when you stop smoking you tend to gain weight? that true?

i heard when you stop smoking you tend to gain weight? that true?

No.... your bank balance gains weight though.. I wasted over $1,000 a month... 2 packets of Winston Blue 25's , a coke and a pie every day at 10 am

Holy sh*t Glenn, $1000 per month?? FARK!

Should buy yourself a car!

holy f**k.. 2 packets a day.. 50 ciggies... damn... can you breathe better now? lol

Goes to show how long it's been..... I forgot how to spell Winfield ^^^^