Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

removed moldy rear seat an rubbish that has filled the car for the past year an a bit. Removed rubber o ring to drain boot/battery tray of water. buffed back rear section of roof to find a gold metal substance looks like brazing? hmmm went over al visible rust patches(uk model) an sanded back an rust killed. found a mint tail light in boot while cleaning out... SCORE now i only have to buy one more to replace broken rear lenses. So wish i had a sand blaster about now start the strip back B) but must finish 1 car before i can fully start another.

Had it towed to Kevin Burts in Chch

It's 7.45am on the way to taking my son to school and "BANG". No power steer. WTF ???

Pulled over and water pouring from underneath. WTF ??

Was only 400m from home so managed to muscle the car into a U-turn and get home.

Battery light is now on.

So, no power steer, water pouring out, battery light on

I had thrown the belt. Lucky the fan didn't smash into the radiator. Water pump hose looked stuffed as well.

Waiting for prognosis as Kevin has a full yard ....

1/4 of the way done with my center console panels. And 1st coat of red paint on the towing eyes =)

Edited by Young Jack

Took my rego off hold....needed E30 back..am now poor haha also need uni rail base plates for my recaros.. maybe next week

E30 life

He will probably fix it and then ask for 2k :P that's why I go to DCH now haha.

It's 7.45am on the way to taking my son to school and "BANG". No power steer. WTF ???

Pulled over and water pouring from underneath. WTF ??

Was only 400m from home so managed to muscle the car into a U-turn and get home.

Battery light is now on.

So, no power steer, water pouring out, battery light on

I had thrown the belt. Lucky the fan didn't smash into the radiator. Water pump hose looked stuffed as well.

Hope its not to bad Mike, Always hate seeing water pouring out etc followed by the sounds of ching ching.

He will probably fix it and then ask for 2k :P that's why I go to DCH now haha.

Interesting you say that Matt as we have known Kevin for many years what with our E30, A4 and inlaws many Mercs. and in that time has been very reasonable in pricing. The old adage of looking after long time customers I guess.

I've only just started taking the E39 there as JG/Chch BMW were too expensive and pi$$ed me off last time I was there.

Hope its not to bad Mike, Always hate seeing water pouring out etc followed by the sounds of ching ching.

Hoping the same Jase. Was a stressful morning!

Changed Diff Oil, smelled awesome.

Also noticed a bit of a leak from around where the passenger side axle shafts is bolted to the diff? May be time for an LSD swap so won't worry bout putting that on the never ending to-do list :P

Replaced passenger door trim. Getting her up on blocks tonight to rebuild front adjustables with sorter springs. YES

Was that the only thing stopping you from getting a cert?

No power steer, water pouring out, battery light on

Update

Got her back today. Got away lightly - new water pump only.

No damage to other parts from the belt flaying around

Also had overdue service. Runs sooooo smoooth now.

Was that the only thing stopping you from getting a cert?

Door locks are only thing that would fail, they don't work.

I'm trying to get low as poss so I can be certed as low as poss. Want to be able to tell the police NO IT IS LEGIT, LEAVE ME ALONE.

Removed head, cams, cam trays and dropped the head off at the machine shop this morning.

i swapped out the nokia speakers in the rear of my 97 e36 320i for some nice six 1/2 inch boschmann components i salvaged from my van. some little mods to the housing and it looks standard from above but party below!

New wof, oil change, new micro filter, flush and new brake fluid, flush and new coolant, refreshed window washer water, filled it with gas and parked it in the garage as I was to farked to go for a decent drive. Pfffft I must be aging.

Brand new manual sunroof winder $125 <_< and new brake pads, will hopefully be doing them tomorrow.

Edited by AJ_D

On the w/end put in a motorsport x-brace I've had hanging around under my house for 2 months, and changed the oil (am trying Edge 0W40). Results:

- front end a little taughter perhaps

- Vanos quieter, engaging very smoothly. My M3 (can't speak for all of them) loves fresh oil and 5,000km changes

Reconnected the Vanos Solenoid... yes I know who didn't connect it... it was over a year ago and it wasn't me :D

The drags ? Hampton ? Taupo ? without it working... driving it's like a new car. I was wondering why it didn't feel the same...just thought it was me till I put the scanner on it to check some data for comparison on a job we were doing