Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Ditto, and more pics....

AND are they for sale, now that your E36 is.....

I was bored so it was only a test fit to see how much roll I need. They won't be going on till after my trip once I can afford to get some slammage. Oh and they sort out the roads down here.

They maybe for sale later on, depends how much more a hit the Euro takes.

Oh and they are teaser pics for a reason :P

Had a bit of an experiment today with carbon fibre. Can you make parts using existing parts as molds?

The result.. One carbon fuel flap in all its wanky goodness... Weighs sweet FA as you would expect and no i wont put it on the car as is. If it goes on at all its getting painted!

Proves the process though.

post-3850-1299825602.jpg

Had a bit of an experiment today with carbon fibre. Can you make parts using existing parts as molds?

The result.. One carbon fuel flap in all its wanky goodness... Weighs sweet FA as you would expect and no i wont put it on the car as is. If it goes on at all its getting painted!

Proves the process though.

post-3850-1299825602.jpg

From what I've heard from the experts, the best process is to make a fibreglass mould using the existing panel and then lay the CF in that. Certainly not a cheap way to make a fuel flap haha, but hey every gram counts right?

Got the car back from TSV [Getting coilovers remade] the next day looked over the car saw that i had ripped the side guard =D

Just given it a good wash and wax

Must be a Palmy thing - the wagon's just had a clean as well :D !

Also had a bit of a play with the bluetooth and managed to get the phone hooked in through that so it works hands-free through the steering wheel controls - pretty simple to set up and works well :D

The blanks for the swirl flaps in the in the inlet manifold finally arrived from the UK, so fitted those last night so there is no risk of a flap breaking and wrecking the engine / turbo and cats.

New shiny blanks in inlet manifold:

post-2707-1299892458.jpg

Old dirty flaps and actuator mechanism:

post-2707-1299892512.jpg

And a tip for anyone working on an E46 diesel - don't drop anything under the bonnet, you will never find it again. At least with an E30 it ends up on the floor!!

is it drivable now?

just cleaned mine last night too

It is but f**k it rubs on anything! I hate going up any driveway at all now =} and there is a little bump on the passengers side front guard from the wheel making it push out. I can get about 30% turn going before i get scared.

Must be a Palmy thing - the wagon's just had a clean as well :D !

Lol, just washed mine aswell, ready for oil and filter change tomorrow

Latest NZ Performance Car mag is out ... page 86 :)

Few fact typos here and there but very happen how it all turned out! :)

Will file photos in showroom when I get them.

^^ Got it in the mail on Friday, good to see some Euro's in the PC MAG. Choice work.

bought exhaust tip to replace them pee shooters and centre caps for wheels , put orange indicators back on looks better with the stock look :) just need some side ones if any one got some ?

Ripped my PFL front lip off :(

May aswell sand it back and repaint it while its off, pics to come :D

Edited by AJ_D

Redded the tail lights and indicators on the E30 and got some new tail lights for the E39 and had the leather cleaned and conditioned.. ahhh nice again

pulled the afm off an gave it a sand up inside as it had been jamming idling mint an revving past 5500 again phew

Edited by stlpmp

Redded the tail lights and indicators on the E30 and got some new tail lights for the E39 and had the leather cleaned and conditioned.. ahhh nice again

where did you buy the paint to red the lights? went to repco and colourworks but they dont have any

Try Placemakers

installed clear front indicators to the e30. they look oem apart from the bulbs glowing red at the moment..

where did you buy the paint to red the lights? went to repco and colourworks but they dont have any

Umm I bought it from Hobby City or something along those lines in the ANZ centre in Albany its the only place online that I could find it, think its like $13 a can which is pretty small but supprisinly its more than enough to do a set or two of lights

Umm I bought it from Hobby City or something along those lines in the ANZ centre in Albany its the only place online that I could find it, think its like $13 a can which is pretty small but supprisinly its more than enough to do a set or two of lights

Oh what day did you pop in?

I may have been behind the counter ;)

new starter motor from synthe , exhaust tip (powerpro) and flange gasket getting changed tommorow.

Posted Image

Aquired strange wiperblades.. that work f**king well :0

have also repainted the arms and the trims that cover the wiper motor. looks better..

Edited by antil33t