Sign in to follow this  
pommy

1 series

Alright just been looking at the new 1 series and the prices are not that bad , wondered what anyones thoughts are on them?

i think there are ugly like the X3.

i wouldnt buy one. if i got giving one i would swap it for a 2002tii. something with abit of style

The looks of the 1 series has grown on me ... but i still feel lucky that i got the last of the compacts, because i reckon the compacts looks better than the 1 series ...

They also handle quite nicely tho ... but the overall interior seems a little on the budget side ....

I'd give it a 6.8/10

I think they look quite reasonable and that's including their stock ride height, need to see one pimped out to really comment

yeh heard the diesel turbos go hard too.

bit they look a tad odd on the road tho.

Gud they're keepin it real wit the rear wheel drive :mosh:

D1 turb diesel 1 series drift car! :pimp:

Alright just been looking at the new 1 series and the prices are not that bad , wondered what anyones thoughts are on them?

As standard they are a bit ugly ...

however I saw one the other day on 18inch rims they looked about 8inch wide .. with some sort of m-tech bodykit on it .. and man ... it looked fantastic! ...

also .. go for the bigger ltr one ...

i just saw one on tau goin pretty cheap the other day.they must have gone over a curb or sumthing coz the underside was scratched up and it needed fr lft suspension.im not exactly sure but i think it wuld cost about 36000 all up,it had only done 144kms!hoe much are they new from here? :unsure:

bmw where talking about a 130i and also a M1 which mite

be a bit'o'fun. :huh:

I still think there a little dear tho, as most new BMWs.

But hey i,m just baised, I work for Peugeot haha

Cum buy a 407 haha :thumb:

Then 130i should be a ball tearer. I don't think I could justify spending the extra money over a Supercharged Mini convertible though. 120d is the best bang for buck.

Don't like the sag in the middle of the car either (side view).

Re: Naming of the series.

I can see the marketing board holding up a sign saying "It's the one" etc... Then the motorsport division going "There's already an M1"

Rumour has it, if there is going to be an M 1-series it will be called the M2.

The design is growing on me, saw a nice white one the other day, didn't look too bad at all.

Edited by Surge

A BMW hatch and 4x4 will prob never sit quite right in my head, but that said, I really like the front and side styling on the one. I don't like the rear though - not really what I'd expect from a bimmer.

I kinda like it, its slowly growing on me, like the new 5er & 7er. One parks next door to me at home, with an Msport kit on it it'd be a lot nicer, but aint that the case with most bimmers?

Anyone got a picture of a new 7-series with a body kit on it?

I think they are quite sexy, especially when an ACS kit is thrown on. Tho the video I have somewhere of a 120d drifting around a track is somewhat wrong, but cool

Well, i think it is not nice. Same as every one else has said, MTECH need to get a hold of it. Chris bangle has gone a bit too far this time. I can put up with his latest 7, but now, hes just going crazy.

Dad told me that they handle really well , because they are a bit like the Mini, one wheel in each corner. I think they share the same (or similar) chassis as... i forgot, but anyway.

Check the concept coupe pic i have attached........ It will shatter the image of BMW (just about) always being beautiful cars. :(

Shoot it!!!!!!!!!!! :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Seriously though - as with the one I like the front and sides front of the B pillar.

What the should have done is made one with the rear based on the Z3/4 m coupes. Now that would look sweet.

Edit meant m coupe, not m raodster.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

i herd that the 1 series id the best handling bmw

i quite like it . its growing on me. dont really dig 4-door hatches

they should do a 2door one make it to compete with audi s3

i herd that the 1 series id the best handling bmw

i quite like it . its growing on me. dont really dig 4-door hatches

they should do a 2door one make it to compete with audi s3

If you get the BMW quarterly magazine it explained a few things about it but it does handle extremely well as it's the first BMW to get the new suspension setup which is going into the next 3 series lineup. It doesn't get the new engine setup, the 20% lightened one, but for the price you are getting a really good performer.

Looks on the other hand, as I said before, it's actually quite nice when you consider its ride height. A mtech 1 would truly be badass but I wreckon it'll end up lookin like a grown up M Coupe... <_<

Edited by ///Carl

good - I like the m coupes.

ill stick with the hondas.