Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Parking fine

Scenario

April picked me up from work a few weeks ago and its 8:35pm, this is located in Hereford street (a side street off K-Road). Its dotted yellow lines up one side and hookers up the other. If she stops in the legal stopping area hookers will come open the doors and jump in or keep knocking on the glass. This is why she picks me up from the broken yellow lines (like everyone else does). She does not stay for more than 30 seconds. The car is turned on the entire time.

Outcome

We got charged $60 for parking on dotted yellow lines in the mail.

Was April breaking the law by picking me up from a dotted yellow line area?

pretty sure if she's in the car ready to move its fine. you should definitely complain.

If your a in a car with the keys in the ignition it technically isn't parked, and you had the car running too, but if your drunk, keys in the ignition, I've heard of people being stung by police! Even if the car is off.

Think your screwed sorry James, the laws are quite black and white.. hey still better off than being screwed on the other side of the road though eh, cheaper too.

Yep, the nazis are good like that. Similar area my g/f got pinged in the mail for double parking picking up someone outside a building in the rain. Was there only 20sec. You won't get off if you write in. They're just pricks.

The thing that annoys me most is that out of the 5 cars there (me and my workmates finish at the same time and all got picked up that day) only we got a ticket.

if there going to ticket people they could at least be consistent

Edited by Jamez

If your a in a car with the keys in the ignition it technically isn't parked, and you had the car running too, but if your drunk, keys in the ignition, I've heard of people being stung by police! Even if the car is off.

If you are caught drunk in a car with the keys ANYWHERE you can be charged with DUI

ignition or not.

I also got a ticket for a similar offence whilst my mate ran into the video shop to drop off a DVD. Less than 2mins.

Ticket in the mail. B*stards.

Edited by M5V8

I always thought if you have the ability to move your car, they cant fine you?

Now i know you'll still get fined regardless.

Next time, get April to drive in 1st gear and you can run into the car :D

the law is the law whether we like it or not

why don't you try laying a complaint about the hookers instead and get them moved?

I have sinced moved workplace so that isn't an option anymore. Its a slow day at work so I was just seeing what bimmersport had to say.

Would we have got a ticket if we stopped in the middle of the road? (as there isn't any yellow lines there :) )

Edited by Jamez

I stopped on yellow lines to drop my GF off at the gym, she was driving I jumped out to swap seats. we were literally there for 10 seconds and a parking warden on a motorcycle pulled up and gave us a warning for stopping on yellow lines.

You've got no comeback unfortunately. I've also been photographed by a warden dropping the GF off at Netball on yellow lines and we got pinged $60 for that too. The warden would have photographed over 50 cars in a very short space of time. Good money spinner!

I have sinced moved workplace so that isn't an option anymore. Its a slow day at work so I was just seeing what bimmersport had to say.

Would we have got a ticket if we stopped in the middle of the road? (as there isn't any yellow lines there :) )

lol fair enough

yea stop in the middle next time, then at least the parking guys won't get you, it'll be the cops instead, which there seems to be less of than parking wardens LOL

Especially around K road

Wonder if I could have given the parking warden a citizens ticket the other day, when he parked on yellow lines blocking works driveway.

you should try it!

or at least call the tow company

I was very tempted to try and pull over a cop for not indicating when he turned down a side street lol ... alas I didn't have the guts to do it

Edited by Wom

^lol its funny to see the cops face when you pull next to them on the motorway and beep at them because theyre on the phone..

Was it one of those new stealth cars with the cameras mounted on the dash? I'd ask for a photo if so - just to delay them a little and then appeal.

They might knock some off the ticket but hmmm who knows, good luck :D

If you don't think what happened was right - then contest it. I'm speaking from experiance - everything i have ever challenged whether right or wrong, i have always won. Whether it be a speeding ticket or something as silly as a parking fine, or $20 termination fee etc etc etc. Write letters and make phone calls - it works! If you feel stronly enough, go to court.

If you don't think what happened was right - then contest it. I'm speaking from experiance - everything i have ever challenged whether right or wrong, i have always won. Whether it be a speeding ticket or something as silly as a parking fine, or $20 termination fee etc etc etc. Write letters and make phone calls - it works! If you feel stronly enough, go to court.

The most stupid thing is that ontop of the $60 fine we have to pay a $30 court proccessing fee, so effectively I get 1.5 times the punishment :rolleyes:

Don't accept it, start writing letters, play on other aspects of situation too, customer service etc. Just last week i got off a $60 parking fine from Wilson Carparking lol!

use the old "tried and true" method of defense, which is Lie .

You weren't parked at all, it had a mechanical problem . eg the car wouldn't go into gear.

You're not allowed to park at an intersection [ stop sign ] but you still have to stop there.

Get really creative with your bullshit, try and make it a normal part of your / her driving

If you want to get really creative [ I am not endorsing breaking the law here ] go back to the exact spot an throw a bit of broken glass on the road. Blame them for not cleaning it up [ thats why you stopped to avoid glass in your tyres ] get photographic evidence

Lie thru your teeth!