Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

BMW confirms V8 Supercar interest

Havent mercedes already expressed interest in the new rules too, be rude if BMW didnt follow suit. My understanding of it is that they cant officially enter both DTM and another series, but can provide DTMish cars etc to private teams in aus.

Looking forward to it, go the quad cam V8's and IRS! No more 1960's rubbish... ;)

Edited by Jacko

LOL typical, BMW wants in but only if the rules are changed just for them.

If i were the organisers of the V8's, i'd say thanks for your interest but laters...pfft trying to get an already establised comp to accomodate them...i hardly think they need any other manufacturers to make it successful.

Would be good though!

Aussie touring car racing was good when they had Group A and various manufacturers, but then they decided they didnt like the Aussie taxis being shown up on their own ground so changed the rules and went back to dinosaur racing. Bring on modern technology and more manufacturers, it might make it interesting to watch again. The current format is like f1, 99% of the time just another procession of mobile billboards.

V 8 not so Super cars suck big time bringing in real cars with real performance might make it interesting

But last time there was an open type formula these old shitters from the 60's got beaten so THEY changed the rules to suit just themselves.

Maybe they will enter the B&H e30 M3 again...what a kick ass machine!!!!

Gotta feel sorry for those who are blinded by badge snobbery.

Question I have is, are they going to use the Chev engine or the Ford engine?

Aussie touring car racing was good when they had Group A and various manufacturers, but then they decided they didnt like the Aussie taxis being shown up on their own ground so changed the rules and went back to dinosaur racing. Bring on modern technology and more manufacturers, it might make it interesting to watch again. The current format is like f1, 99% of the time just another procession of mobile billboards.

Totally agree... apart from the reference to F1