Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

LED vs LCD vs Plasma TVs

Why does Built in Free Veiw have a much better picture than My-Sky-HD?

Why does Built in Free Veiw have a much better picture than My-Sky-HD?

sky have ltd bandwidth through there sat system .

but freeview HD can pump a less compressed signal through the air .

also depends on the content and where the tv stations get it from

and do they pay for the rights to have the full hd signal or cheaper lesser quality version.

plasma also gets my vote in the bigger sizes due to the way better contrast (which gives you better depth of feild) and speed at which light can travel as appossed to lcd which is basically a mechanical shutter system with a light box shinning through it .

We have a 70 inch plasma that is over a year old, got given it when it was made reduindant by LED... which for the record is horrible to watch 3D on with venitian blinds anywhere in view..... they flash and shimmer like a bitch! need black out curtains over them.....

Our tv seems in fine shape with no burn in or such yet

We have a 70 inch plasma that is over a year old, got given it when it was made reduindant by LED... which for the record is horrible to watch 3D on with venitian blinds anywhere in view..... they flash and shimmer like a bitch! need black out curtains over them.....

Our tv seems in fine shape with no burn in or such yet

Also you cant lie on the bed or anything cus the glasses will turn black =D

We ended up going with a Samsung LED 9000 3D, i got the dude at Harveys to set up the top of line LCD/PLASMA/LCD-LED and run a HD Bluray in parallel through them and the LED looked sooo much better. Loved watching all the sport on it in the weekend.

But again, it is each to their own what they prefer etc

nice work and yes everyone See's something different thats why its so hard to sell TV's you have to get them to make up there mind on the best TV in there eyes then sell them on it. you can tell them whats best for money and things like that but they are the ones watching it not me =D

Hope you get the 100,000 hours running time they are meant to give =]

Hope you get the 100,000 hours running time they are meant to give =]

So do I!!! We managed too Swindle 5 years extended Warranty and 2 sets of glasses...so a wee bonus.

Yeah was a package deal, though told them a competitor was going to throw in 2 sets of glasses and a warranty.

Fill you guys in: even the 2D - 3D convertor is pretty good...watching NFL on it yesterday and it come up really nice!

stock up on battery and don't drop the glasses =D did they give you the single pack glasses that are rechargeable? if so they have jelly under the glass to make them bounce proof to a point =D

Will also give you a pm about something =D

I suggest to you go for LED is best among these three. Updated and best quality screen. Nowadays LED is most famous in market and also great features. LED is better than LCD and Plasma TV. LED is quite expensive than others but I think prefer LED if possible.

Yeah that's what i went with and is absolutely fantastic with GT5 esp in 3D (apart from annoying glasses)

I just purchased a TV today. Was looking at the 50" Samsung Plasma 3d. And comparing it to the Samsung LED 40" 3D. About $100 between them. I didn't really want a 50" but they didn't make a smaller model in plasma.

Plasma to me seemed superior. Mainly because there was no jitter/latency. Of which I noticed on all the display LED/LCD's.

I sat and watched a 3D preview video. And some 3D Avatar. Not impressed and not really my cup of tea. And with the higher resolutions coming out early next year I decided to just pick up a non 3D Panasonic Plasma Z series and upgrade at a later date if need be. 3D is not worth the $1000 extra I would have had to pay imo.

So I grabbed one of these. (Samsung did look better I reckon)

http://www.panasonic.co.nz/viera/plasma/th-p42v20z.html

$1800 inc gst. Might be even cheaper with the 20% off Bond and Bond sale going now.

$1800 inc gst. Might be even cheaper with the 20% off Bond and Bond sale going now.

$1600 atm, they are an amazing t.v

Nice price. Pretty good value for money. And if you not into the 3d stuff like me it is the best one around in 42".

When connecting to a PC should I use HDMI or the old VGA cable?

TV is about 10m from the PC.

When connecting to a PC should I use HDMI or the old VGA cable?

TV is about 10m from the PC.

100% HDMI cable, 10m should be fine

Cool cheers.

That's really nice deal. Great price and updated technology, You get proper one and best choice. I also bought Samsung Plasma TV before six months ago. and that is really nice result and great performance. Amazing effect to see in 3D. I saw Avatar movie last night and really enjoy with that.