Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

Whats the rules with driving a WOFless car?

Hey.

I'm on a pretty tight budget and so I'm going to sound like right tight arse here =)

I want my race car by the weekend, and at the moment I won't be able to afford to tow it 10-15 minutes home. So =)

How far does the law allow me to drive it without a WOF?

Hey.

I'm on a pretty tight budget and so I'm going to sound like right tight arse here =)

I want my race car by the weekend, and at the moment I won't be able to afford to tow it 10-15 minutes home. So =)

How far does the law allow me to drive it without a WOF?

It doesnt.

People are gonna say blah blah it's illegal etc but aslong as your careful and go straight home which you say is 10-15mins...just drive it one evening, have your dad or someone follow you

(remember insurance is void if you dont have a wof..hence saying drive carefully)

one persons opinion..dont take it as gospel

Why not ask on here for someone to give you a hand towing it home for a box of beers? This is why the forum is helpful (sometimes :P)

Glenn, i thought your allowed to drive it to or from a place of repair /WOF testing station.

If you angled it that it was at the panel beater for WOF related rust repairs, would that work???

Nathans ideas even better..listen to him

If you angled it that it was at the panel beater for WOF related rust repairs, would that work???

I like that idea... and if anyone wants to help me tow it, 6 pack of beer is in it =D would be awesome if someone could

I like that idea... and if anyone wants to help me tow it, 6 pack of beer is in it =D would be awesome if someone could

u could always just put a rope between the 2 cars and still "drive" it but will look like u are towing.

(slightly dangerous tho)

Edited by Matt45

Guest Si Vis Pacem

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/warrants-c...-wof/about.html

"You can drive your vehicle on the road under these circumstances only when taking it somewhere for repair or to get a new WoF – and it's safe to do so."

This still doesn't stop the cops from pulling you over and charging you. The "safe to do so" is highly subjective and at the end of the day you will still have to defend yourself against the ticket. To use legalese - this scenario is "on point", in other words there are recorded cases of people being charged for this.

Listen to Glenn and Brams!

This still doesn't stop the cops from pulling you over and charging you. The "safe to do so" is highly subjective and at the end of the day you will still have to defend yourself against the ticket. To use legalese - this scenario is "on point", in other words there are recorded cases of people being charged for this.

They were probably driving some clapped out old dungers with FTP spray'd onto the window :P

would just tow it for all of quarter of an hour though. Just get another E30 Racecar to tow you for ultimate lols.

Tow it home with the X5.

X5 not available?

They were probably driving some clapped out old dungers with FTP spray'd onto the window :P

would just tow it for all of quarter of an hour though. Just get another E30 Racecar to tow you for ultimate lols.

anything e30 cars keen =) would be funny and would be deserving for the E30 calender. One E30 series car towing another =D

Well its up to you, you could probably drive it and get away with it, but if you did get caught you'd have everyone down your neck telling you I told you so (and a fine to pay)

How much is the fine for not having a WoF?

Is it worth risking that much to go for a race?

This. My friend got pulled up driving home from getting a cert to fix it and he is still fighting it 2 months later

How much is the fine for not having a WoF?

Is it worth risking that much to go for a race?

$200

IBTL

You obviously don't have the money to get it towed so that is obviously out of the question.

Either get someone to help you rope tow it or just drive it home through some back roads. Chances are you won't get stopped,but if you do then tough sh*t, deal with it.

:)

Well, umm. Anyone keen to give me a hand for a pack of beers? =)

Posted Image

Straight up. I would drive it home myself. Have done in the past. Also been pulled over doing so. Told the cop the truth and what I was doing and he had no problem with it.

Though if you want you can borrow my trailer. It is at my house at the moment. But will be going back to its home on Friday night.

I just remembered its got no cluster, no dash or anything installed. At the moment.....

Dan I would appreciate that so much, if I get the money together for Friday arvo ( can't get the car of him unless i got it ). if you like if I can get the trailor "to its home" and let you tackle the pub on a friday =D

Edited by Gotheschu