Sign in to follow this  
nickchin1308

Bimmersport Gran Turismo 5 Multiplayer

Why does my newly purchased M3 CSL (in black of course) have shitty, ugly, god-awful, convex standard M3 wheels?

cos they f**ked it up- pissed me off too. from memory they got it right in GT4 so dont know how its wrong now. cant even change the wheels yourself to fix it

that's something I really like about Forza 3 over GT5 ... the immense level of customisation on any car you want

there is also a very large lack of orange paint in my GT5 garage, just a touch under 100 cars and only 1 orange (and only coz it was from the dealer and they had premium passion orange as an option)

I want Inka Orange or at least something close for my 2002 :(

Lol, I was in the same conundrum Chris.

Just bought 5 extra focuses in bright orange so I could acquire the orange paint item.

lol yea I'm gonna do that after I get the $10mill trophy

does anyone want to trade museum cards?

I'm starting to get a few double ups now

I am utterly useless at this game. Have no idea on how to do bspec. End up gettin angry at the stupid prick driving.

How is this comparable to Forza 3 on Xbox 360 fellas?

I own Forza 3 on my xbox but don't really want to fork out for a PS3 and GT5 unless it's way cooler.

^ Different.

Forza has better crashes, and an E30, the rewind thing is kinda cool too. Everything else about it, GT5 is much betterer. Forzas physics feel much more wooden than GT5's.

Indecorous - I just started playing with B spec. The trick that seems to be working for me is too get a angry driver and then keep him calm by repeating reduce pace messages when practical. Cars that handle well with rubbish tyres is key too, or the ass clown AI driver just does O's all over the track ;)

Edited by Jacko

Anyone else have absolutely no interest in B-spec?

It seems like the most boring way to waste my time ever.

^ How I feel exactly. Would rather watch videos on youtube or similar.

I feel obliged to do it however. Oh and I has a veyron.

Add me guys: BAMMMLEY

Loving the game so far, I brought Dad it and a Logitech Driving Force for xmas, can totally agree that the game was made for a wheel.

Havn't played much yet, up to level 13 I think, personal highlight so far would be getting gold in the Combi race. Has anyone passed the Lotus Elise top gear one? Christ it is hard even with the ability to adjust the throttle I don't know how you guys do it with a controller...

But yeah, can say I think it is far better on the whole over NFS Shift, although I think this still isn't the biggest leap on the whole between GT sequels.

Edited by Brams

The top gear ones are all tricky, took me ages. Lots and lots of failed attempts.

Got to be hard on the brakes in the corners and out brake them (without nudging anyone) but smooooth on the exits so they cant catch you back up on the straights.

The difficulty for them is a bit screwy, I got gold on the final top gear challenge first time (with the kamekaze VW scwimmwagons (sp)) The elise one is much harder due to the sh*t tyres...

I just hit level 24 in A spec and am starting on B-spec now. You will realise that is actually an integral part of the game when you get this far along.

Because sometimes you just don't want to drive 5 laps of indy over and over again in a nascar in the american championship to earn money.

That said, the Seasonal event with the NASCAR was easy, 1mil and 100k XP, do it!

Saving for a Formula GT now :o

b-spec - with new drivers who have very little skill, you might need a rather powerful car to help them out

but once they've got a few races under their belt, it's all about tactics

you can keep hammering the "go faster" and "overtake" options, but their stamina will deplete faster

2 tactics you can employ -

1) hammer the "go faster" and "overtake" options and try to get the driver into the lead as early as possible, then cool him off and only tell him to go faster when you notice the AI catching up. Hopefully you'll be able to fend off the other drivers until the end of the race.

2) be a little aggressive at the start but not as much as the above tactic, get the driver near the front, 3rd or 4th position is usually good enough, and let the AI drivers tire out (they lose stamina and mental strength as the race goes on too), then towards the end of the race you'll still be in a good position, hopefully you'll still have tonnes of stamina and mental strength, and that's when you start giving the "go faster" and "overtake" commands

it really helps to know the tracks and the duration of the commands you give your driver

give the "go faster" commands at the start of the straight, give the "overtake" commands when your driver is actually in a good position to overtake, and give them the "keep pace" or "slow down" commands around the sections of the track that you know the driver won't be able to overtake on

also pay attention to the b-spec driver's mood ... down orange arrow next to his name will mean he's not feeling so good and isn't going to perform up to his stats, green arrow means he'll be normal and blue up arrow means he's on top form

if all your drivers have a down orange arrow, then go play a-spec for a while and go back to b-spec later

hopefully though you will have at least 1 driver who is green or blue and you can just rest the other guys who are orange (unlock more drivers at later levels - I currently have 3 drivers)

lastly, there is a difference between cold hearted and hot headed drivers - cold hearted drivers tend to be useless at overtaking, but won't lose their stamina as quick, they need lots of input from you to get ahead, but once ahead you can usually walk away and make a coffee or whatever; hot headed drivers are basically the opposite

yea that would be nice, hopefully a DLC pack will contain a few

I'd like to see an E30 M3 and an E36 M3, an 8 series would be choice too

I do quite like the M3 GTR, the handling is amazing

FINALLY!

Gold on the Lotus Elise Top Gear special event. That look me the majority of the day hahaha.

The funny thing is, the run looks terrible! but meh. If you're still stuck on it this might help.

OK so i rented this out during the weekend because I really wanted to give it a go. Turns out from a person who's last game they really played was space invaders its not half bad. What I really want to know is does buying the steering wheel setup make all the difference. ie is it like driving a real car with amount of pressure you put on the brakes throttle etc.

got electric orange as one of the login bonus paints today, so I painted the gtr and took it for a spin

Posted Image

Till you have a chromed 458 Italia you aint yet made it ;)

GTR handles awesome.. im still looking for a suitable paint for my one

GTR handles awesome.. im still looking for a suitable paint for my one

quick question...

did you ever play BF2? on PC?

quick question...

did you ever play BF2? on PC?

haha yep :) bf nam, 2142, bf2, bfBC2 and cod 4, mw2