Sign in to follow this  
VeeDub

BBS RS003

They're not on a BMW but some of you may appreciate them none the less.

BBS RS 003 16x7.5" and 16x8.0" 4x100

I hunted NZ for nearly 3 years for a set of these wheels and built them up to what they are now over the past few months:

-Original barrels

-Mirror polished 1.5" lips front, 2.0" lips rear

-Original nuts & bolts all mirror polished and still with BBS scripting on all

-Half height centre caps

-New BBS emblems

-195/45/16 Kumho Ecsta Sport tyres

-Centres and barrels powder coated in 'vivica paladilim silver comet' - looks different in all sorts of light, it's a dark metallic silver but looks like battle ship grey in some pics.

Probably a bit OCD and OTT for most people on here but hey, I have the disease and really like them  ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by VeeDub

Fook yea...Your can see how polishing removes the sharp edges of the center caps though

Half height caps are were its at too B)

Good stuff, iLike.

Fook yea...Your can see how polishing removes the sharp edges of the center caps though

Half height caps are were its at too B)

Good stuff, iLike.

Nah they're not polished half height original ones. They're the after market half heights, which are about half the height of original BBS half heights.. If that makes sense? They're slightly rounded on the corners unlike the BBS ones. Some people call these flat caps but they're not - flat caps are fully flush and circle. They give the illusion of more dish too!

Nice, More pics of your car? Looks sweet

Thanks dude, it's a VW Corrado, one of 13 NZ New ones here. It's got similar running gear to a mk2 gti golf, 1800 DOHC 16v. 1990 in Helios Blue Metallic.

Pics are from the Annual VW Jamboree last weekend. Am dropping the front another 20mm this week to get it sitting right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by VeeDub

Im jealous! but good to see they are on fellow wheel whores car..Keep it up

I always loved the Corrado's... Could never find one when I wanted to buy one though. Rarer than rocking horse sh*t.

Nah they're not polished half height original ones. They're the after market half heights, which are about half the height of original BBS half heights.. If that makes sense? They're slightly rounded on the corners unlike the BBS ones. Some people call these flat caps but they're not - flat caps are fully flush and circle. They give the illusion of more dish too!

Oyea I gotcha, these are my half heights, yours do look smaller. Didn't notice that ^_^

Posted Image

I know the owner of that golf in the right of the bottom pic you posted Veedub

I think Matt (with the matt black golf) was at that meet also?

Small world...

Lovely :D

Where'd you go for the powdercoating? Did you strip first (the centres, not your clothes)? PM me the cost?

Lovely :D

Where'd you go for the powdercoating? Did you strip first (the centres, not your clothes)? PM me the cost?

I went to Pro Coat in East Tamaki Very competitive prices and I was super happy with the quality - I'm quite anal.

They bead blast them before they coat them so you can take them there in nearly any condition and get them back powder coated.

EDIT:

Sorry I misread - YES I DID STRIP WHEELS! I took them fully apart, bolts out, lips and centres and barrels all apart - that's the only way to do a proper job. If you don't split them you're just going to get a mickey mouse set of rims. Splitting is really easy, plenty of info online on how to do it. Just don't powdercoat mounting faces - 1mm here or there of powdercoat can upset the balance of the wheels when put back together.

Edited by VeeDub

Thanks - I actually meant did you (or he - Tim) strip the old paint off the centres. I can't be bothered!

I've got two piece (I have disassembled them), and interestingly the mounting face on the centre is painted - assuming they're not already refinished I guess the factory backed themselves to get the paint a uniform thickness.

I guess if I get myself out there I have to choose from 1 million colour options...

Edited by CamB

That is one hell of a kick arse car and wheels! I was looking at getting one and selling my e36!

Very nice car and VERY nice wheels!

Jealous!

Cheers lads! Half heights were 100 euro for a set of four. No waffle plate bits, no BBS badges, just the polished hex bit.