Sign in to follow this  
Zombie

Ugh Premium Selection warranty Crap!

I honestly don't feel I want to upskill and spend a f**ken fortune to fix sh*t that either fails in your care or as it drives out your door way. I'd rather work on pre 2005 vehicles. There is more than enough work out there without all the dealership politcal bullshit. I also like to sleep at night

My XR6 hasn't had an oil change for nearly 30k now and the oil is still very reddish/brown.

I'd still be doing it 10-15,000 k intervals personaly

I read someware:

BMW= Broke my wallet

I do this to poor people everyday... quite sad really

new cars = too much electronics, too much to go wrong

I'd also like to add...its not just BMW. We work on Mercedes, Audi, VW & BMW... the late model cars (post 1998)suffer from similar techical sh*t and similar failures.. just the description might be a little different.

I wonder if I need to ring my lawyer now ?

Edited by *Glenn*

I'd also like to add...its not just BMW. We work on Mercedes, Audi, VW & BMW... the late model cars (post 1998)suffer from similar techical sh*t and similar failures.. just the description might be a little different.

I wonder if I need to ring my lawyer now ?

I'm sure it is not just the European cars either, I'm sure that Japanese, Korean etc all have the same issues.

Also, if you need a lawyer for being honest, then NZ is quickly heading the way of here :-)

whats a fairly agricultural car that has the comfort and power and not a Bf familia or a MK6 cortina P11 primera something a little nicer, a good alrounder and not to old?

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

I'm sure it is not just the European cars either, I'm sure that Japanese, Korean etc all have the same issues.

Not the same issues. The asian manufacturers don't have to adhere to the same recycling laws that prevail with the Euro manufacturers. Most engine failures on Euros are due to recycled plastic components inside engines or their cooling system components. Its f**ken criminal that you can destroy a M5 or M6 (the list is longer and covers all Euros) because of a $35 cooling system component.

Edited by *Glenn*

Not the same issues. The asian manufacturers don't have to adhere to the same recycling laws that prevail with the Euro manufacturers. Most engine failures on Euros are due to recycled plastic components inside engines or their cooling system components. Its f**ken criminal that you can destroy a M5 or M6 because of a $35 cooling system component.

Ahh, very interesting.

"We'll fix your car under our warranty, but we may ruin it, which will be your problem" Pardon?

Thats about the best way of summing this situation up.

I honestly don't feel I want to upskill and spend a f**ken fortune to fix sh*t that either fails in your care or as it drives out your door way. I'd rather work on pre 2005 vehicles. There is more than enough work out there without all the dealership politcal bullshit. I also like to sleep at night

My guess is thats exactly what they want. Plenty of pre 2005 vehicles to repair tho ha.

whats a fairly agricultural car that has the comfort and power and not a Bf familia or a MK6 cortina P11 primera something a little nicer, a good alrounder and not to old?

Have been wondering the same thing.

Only cars I can come up with are Legacy/Outback, at least they still have hydraulic steer and some character(?) or the old Falcon/Commodore, but with the price of gas....(they are better than the brand snobs claim).

Not the same issues. The asian manufacturers don't have to adhere to the same recycling laws that prevail with the Euro manufacturers. Most engine failures on Euros are due to recycled plastic components inside engines or their cooling system components. Its f**ken criminal that you can destroy a M5 or M6 (the list is longer and covers all Euros) because of a $35 cooling system component.

Shows even in interior plastics. How long have the Euro's had the enviromental restrictions on them? pre 1990?

new cars = too much electronics, too much to go wrong

I'm sorry but i have to hold myself back for that comment.

E38, we have plenty of these coming to us still, back in the late 90s when they were first produced everyone like YOU were saying "oh imagine in 10 years time what the electrics are gonna be like" well it's been 10 years plus and me personally haven't seen a thing go wrong with one, just servicing and the like.

Alternators....are mechanical, had a few water cooled alternators run bearings, but guess what bearings come under, yep that's right, mechanical.

Comfort and power (sort of) with reliability, an XR6(Turbo) or an '03-05 Camry V6 manual. I would imagine you'd need to find a way to tie down the Camry in the handling department though.

Comfort and power (sort of) with reliability, an XR6(Turbo) or an '03-05 Camry V6 manual. I would imagine you'd need to find a way to tie down the Camry in the handling department though.

Butt ugly and boring, not for me!

Yeah. But the question was for agricultural comfort and power, not a temperamental beauty queen.

Butt ugly and boring, not for me!

Like 90% of new BMW's. You can't tell me that a run of the mill new 3 series 4 door sedan, or 5 series is either attractive or exciting in any way.

I personally like the new look of most of the BMWs, when the F10 was first released i had to do a PDI on a F10 528, the most billy basic version, still had all you needed too, on the road test it was far from boring, in fact my M3 would have struggled to keep up with it, Valvetronic, Vanos, variable intake, some of the character items that make these new cars fun and interesting, it's hard to understand when you don't work on/drive them everyday.

And no i'm not biased, unlike most of the people here i'm not a one brand person as most of you know.

2005 SV6. 135,000 k's and climbing. Total repairs to date - one 02 sensor.

Me happy.