Sign in to follow this  
gouba

Ouch

This is what happens when a rare (1 of apparently 100 for that particular year) Porsche Roadsters meets with a large heavy Waste Management truck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think someone is getting fired today.

That's what i was kinda trying to say above :P

You did provide more detail than me (as I wouldn't know where to start, outside of knowing that it didn't look like it damaged more than one panel)

Ouch, bent speedster.

Funny what you say about paint Bellicose, when I got touch up cans for my car, the dude on the phone went "oooooo thats gonna be pricey, BMW use lots of tints, $50 a can" I told him the paint code Schwarz Black. He went tap tap tap on his computer and comes back with "Ohh... Thats just straight black, $20" B):rolleyes:

Edited by Jacko

I never said it was going to be super expensive. The guy will get fired though as he drove into it shunted it back two metres, drove forward and drove off without even getting out. The CCTV footage is pretty awesome

Those speedsters are so badboy. Poor old thing.

^ FTW! :D

Such a shame, Speedsters are the only 911 vert that works. IMHO of course.

Its not so much being able to repair or how much it will cost its more that it has lost its originality, I would want to have the whole car refinished.

Edited by Apex

its more that it has lost its originality, I would want to have the whole car refinished.

How? Surely removing the standard Porsche OEM fender and replacing it with another standard Porsche OEM fender (painted with OEM specification paint) maintains its originality.

I am pretty sure the damage is not to a Speedster exclusive part. As far as I'm aware the only difference is the lowered roof line.

I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Speedster, when this came out I was doing a school project on Porsche. As a part of it I wrote to Colin Giltrap, Porsche AG and the Porsche club. I was overwhelmed with the response. Porsche AG sent me mountains of brochures, posters and information (I still have them all somewhere at my parents). The Porsche club sent me a heap of stuff, and I got invited to Giltraps, and got to see the first of the Speedsters in the country. However the highlight was the 959, which they brought in to show me (It may have been Giltrap's own one, I can't recall).

Edited by Grant

If that was my car and I came out to it like that I would probably have a heart attack.

Last time a car of mine was seriously dented while being parked I had a swearing frenzy.

I bet the owner still cried a little inside.

It would be one of those clenched teeth moans....

Didn't the speedsters have a whale tail, probably where the hood drops into, then the engine is back there. Undisputed best model name for a car Speedster.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

Didn't the speedsters have a whale tail, probably where the hood drops into, then the engine is back there. Undisputed best model name for a car Speedster.

There were two versions, one in a turbo look a like body, and one on standard body. About 90% had the turbo look a like body (although I'm not sure they never had a factory whale tail). Also generally they had a plastic cover at the rear that housed the roof

edit: I just looked it up there were 2,104 of these built, all in 1989. About 170 were the narrow body, the rest with the wide body, with the turbo look.

Edited by Grant