Sign in to follow this  
Shady

SEGA, Master System (and # II) or Mega Drive

Am thinking of buying them (prefer a full set - console, control & all cables) so my kids have one each when they are older. Won't be many kids (in 20years time) who have a games console 3x older than they are. I had one as a kid and be awesome to have one for my kids. I also just want to have another jam on one.

So if anyone has a set of either one (Sega, Master System (I or II) or Mega Drive - let me know!

PM me how much you want for the set. Prefer them mint but if you cant gaurantee it works then I wont pay much!

I have purchased a Mega Drive (the newer design) set off Trademe (excellent condition, no games) for $45 so Im happy to pay in that bracket. I dont want Games yet unless they are cheap - will buy them once I have all 3 console sets.

ive got mega drive with the mega CD thing and about 15 games mortal kombat FTW!!. awesome to play. just sore on the hands. controllers not very ergonomical LOL. have got super nintendo too :D

I worked at Cash Converters during weekends when i was at Uni and built up a pretty decent console collection, ranging from Sega Master Systems through to the Genisis and original Nintendo through to the Gamecube

The original Master System and games as well as the Nintendo and N64 ones, will be worth silly $$$ in a few years and are already starting to make some good auctions on e-bay.

I would struggle to think that people would still have them not knowing they are gonna be worth something later on.

Get them original Playstation's and Xbox's it will keep them happy and are reasonably retro ;)

yeah im trying to build up my collection.

so far ive got:

original gameboy with a few games

Mega drive

PS1

PS2

Super nintendo

PS3 Xbox

im trying to find the original nintendo. playing super mario bros :)

I've got a Sega Master System with ~15 games, no plans to part with it sorry.

While all the reminiscing is going on...

Our first home PC was one of these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and one on TM :o

Edited by E30-323ti

You can buy all the old Sega games for PS3.

I got a sega master system 2 with built in alex the kid. I havent tried to see if it works in over 10 years. i wonder if it still does.

I've got a Sega Master System with ~15 games, no plans to part with it sorry.

While all the reminiscing is going on...

Our first home PC was one of these:

What a rich guy!! :lol:

Our's was an amstrad like this

post-5369-1298862171.jpg

And took about 4 hours for a level too load then 30 seconds later(once we died) we would have to change a tape then wait for another 4 hours for that too load :lol: :lol:

^ + 1 for Amstrad :) loading games from tapes was a pain

yeah im trying to build up my collection.

so far ive got:

original gameboy with a few games

Mega drive

PS1

PS2

Super nintendo

PS3 Xbox

im trying to find the original nintendo. playing super mario bros :)

Gameboy original

Gameboy colour

Gameboy Advance

Original PS1

Sega something - The one with Alex the kid

PS3 with FF7 and FF8 downloaded to HDD :P

AND TAMAGOTCHI's - Somewhere.

Gameboy original

Gameboy colour

Gameboy Advance

Original PS1

Sega something - The one with Alex the kid

PS3 with FF7 and FF8 downloaded to HDD :P

AND TAMAGOTCHI's - Somewhere.

So your missing a mint condition, original PS2? Haha not that I'd ever sell....

My Original PS2 died. even had the i-bus thing. :(

I had some old retro computer sh*t, but I dumped it off at a mates place before I shifted.

I had an old amiga, that didn't go particularly well.

Issue with that old stuff, was the build quality on some of it wasn't particularly amazing, so they develop problems, dry solder joints ect.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-98377375624850470#

Ihave already got a Mega Drvie off Trademe for $45 (complete set no box, no games & very tidy etc). So that was a mint deal. There are alot of other sets on TM for cheap...just wish I had $.

And yep, these will be worth alot in a few years but right now, some people dont seem to know (which I dont mind) cos some are just so cheap... but then again, most of them dont gaurantee they work :(

Edited by Shady

I have a Mac classic with colossal caves and Kid pix also ;)

Maybe im missing the appeal and I don’t understand the point when you can buy a PS3 game with a hundred or so old school Sega games and play it through your PS3 in hi def. I have it and it’s a great game.

I also have a chipped X-Box with 100's of old school games...

Think in 20 years you will be able to have 100,000 games on one small hand held platform, why the would a kid want to play a Megadrive? I sure as hell dont want to play ping pong with my dad.

I gave a working Sega Game Gear away a year or two back. With games.

First PC was Commodore 16 - won it after Mum and Dad bought me a pair of gumboots from Para Rubber!

Had the tape drive storage, and you coded your games in by hand line by line from the manual and then saved them on a tape drive before you could play them! It could store them in RAM (all 16KB of it!), but you had to code them again next time you turned it on.

Posted Image

Think in 20 years you will be able to have 100,000 games on one small hand held platform, why the would a kid want to play a Megadrive? I sure as hell dont want to play ping pong with my dad.

This. Just because you had some fun with sega as a kid in no way does that mean your kids will even remotely enjoy it.

PS6 will be a tad more enjoyable than the original sonic I'm picking.

Yeah I still have my C64. Is all in working condition and have hudreds of games. Have both the tape drive and the flash as 5 1/4 floppy.

Also have something quite rare in NZ. A Amiga CD32. Was what made good old Commordore/Amiga go broke. My family owned a repo company back then and ended up with a container full of them when the NZ retailer also went broke.

Anyway. Check out all the sweet consoles on this dudes blog.

http://retro-treasures.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Its not the fact of playing them - I wouldnt be surprised if they dont want to. But the fact they will own a piece of technology history.