Sign in to follow this  
CamB

E36 M3 Sedan

Well, on impulse I took the M3 out just before sunset and had a crack at some photos. The main reason was that I've got new wheels on and had just clicked the centre caps in... if I'd planned ahead I would have cleaned it :rolleyes:

It's an E36 M3 Evo sedan, Byzanz Metallic (aka German Racing Brown, or perhaps ginger), H&R springs, Bilstein shocks and BBS LMs in 17x8, refinished with polished and reverse mounted outers - I'd guess this makes them about 30-32p offset (not the 41p they started at).

Photos are in the order I took them - too lazy to decide a better order. I'm quite pleased with how they came out really, although it's definitely still amateur hour ...

Posted Image

Free ad for Hitech Brake and Clutch - I bought a piston for the front calipers from there.

Posted Image

Found an FD2 - newest Civic Type R - on Dominion Rd. I like them (feel free to disagree)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Close up of the wheels.

Posted Image

Phwoah. Now that's what I call fitment! (I guess that doesn't make me balla')

Have fun cleaning them :P

WOW I love you wheels and colour really stands out from the rest aye :P

Always loved Byzanz, new wheels look good. Which H&R Springs? Look about perfect to me.

Always loved Byzanz, new wheels look good. Which H&R Springs? Look about perfect to me.

The H&R Sport for M3 - it lowered the front by about 15-20mm and the back by about 0mm, but they're noticeably stiffer which is what I wanted. I didn't want it too low as I've got judder bars and driveways in my life.

The Byzanz definitely grew on me - I definitely like it now.

Nice. Very nice. Agree with Jib, that fitment and hight looks about perfect for NZ. That colour is nice. Was it exclusive to the M3 sedan?

I agree the FD2's are cool but they are very expensive for what you get and the ride on them is horrid on NZ roads. the one pictured was for sale a while back and has has quite a bit of rice added to it to make in even less compliant.

It was apparently exclusive to the Evo sedan (although apparently BMW NZ bought in a few in that colour and had trouble shifting them, haha).

Thanks to all for the positive comments by the way.

Looks great Cam! Love the colour combo, what colour are the wheels? They look like they change colours in different light (photo 1 and 2), I think I saw you parked on the waterfront in Mechanics Bay about a month back.

Looks good!!

Needs a bit more Camber in the front to tuck the top of the tyre a little (and of course, more importantly, add a bit more bite/grip).

Bout time we got to see what this thing looks like.

The finish on the wheel centres, matte/satin?

I like it, slightly more industrial/less poser than gloss.

Edited by Westy

They're BBS LM089, the centres were powdercoated some silver colour I picked out from ProCoat - its quite a grey silver, and it has clear over it but Westy's right - its not super shiny/reflective.

I do need more camber, I should look into some washers as I'm too cheap to do the top of the shock. I don't reaaally need it as I have almost 9 degrees of caster (M3 evo arms AND offset bushes).

Edited by CamB

not a big fan of e36's but I really like that car. I reckon the e36 sedans look better than the coupes, and that colour/wheel combo is cool

Awesome Cam! ... saw you turning into Mayrol drive from Queen street the other day and thought it was you with the new LMs .. I was a couple of cars behind you in the 5er.

Very nice man, looks so cool driving and I really think you have one of the best looking e36 M3's out there now.

not a big fan of e36's but I really like that car. I reckon the e36 sedans look better than the coupes, and that colour/wheel combo is cool

Agree with this, even in E46 form I much prefer the sedan. Wish they made a E46 M3 Sedan. Coupes are a nice looking car but a bit girly :P

Sick!!!, Loving the evo love atm!. Interesting colour too!

You could switch the top hats for more camber. This might be overkill though

That's one good looking e36

Yeah I thought about that (I think it ends up over 3 deg - too much for my needs), or finding some non-Evo M3 ones for a compromise.

The ones on there aren't quite worn out yet (they have a little play). I'm saving my money (try pricing some up), :D.

Graham - I also think E36 look (slightly) better as a sedan and I'd buy an E46 M3 sedan in a heartbeat if it existed (or better - a 340i sedan - the car they shoulda made). It's not so much that I love sedans, but my wife has this wierd persistence that I need 4 doors (you can see a baby seat in the first pic). It's not worth the argument...

Love it Cam. Not overly an E36 fan but in the right colours they can look good. I do like that colour & the combo:)

Great photography too - well done!