Sign in to follow this  
KwS

KwS's E36 Coupe

lollies how else would i know it was definitely a JDM import, if it didnt have some engrish somewhere?! :P

I used a toothbrush (medium bristles), water and some clothes washing powder. Came up pretty good, and i was VERY disgusted at the colour of the water afterwards. I did use a damp rag (from the same mixture) to clean the wheel its self too, which apparently was disgustingly dirty.

Edit

This pic shows the wheel better.

Posted Image

Edited by KwS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kinda at a cross road of what to do with this thing. want to convert to manual but finding it really hard to justify the cost, even though i really enjoy the bimmer. On the other hand could sell it and buy a manual (albeit something completely different)....

Bit the bullet...

Spot the difference..... (ignore the knob and lack of boot, theyre on their way)

Posted Image

Its a whole new beast now, the way it should have always been! Cant believe how much better it is without the Jatco.

BIG thanks to Jon and Keren at JK Southern Euro for their outstanding work. Highly recommend!

Nice work mate, now you can say you dont drive a go kart. Love how your stitching came up, cant wait to do mine

Just did mine, thanks for the tip man. You can see how dirty my stitching was..

post-538-1311488989.jpg

Dammit Kelvin, I really dont want to sell mine but its looking like im going to have to.

Dammit Kelvin, I really dont want to sell mine but its looking like im going to have to.

Dont do it!! :o

Okay, so passed WOF today, not even a note on the sheet!

Some pics, because for once it was sunny O_o

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doesnt quite stick out as much as i hoped, but oh well. Very subtle.

Posted Image

4 speed, yeah boi!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by KwS

Bumper mesh arrived today, yay. Will sort that at some time soon.

Those slats and the lack of lip are the only two things letting the looks of this down atm. Need to sort a lip, just no too sure how to go about mounting it. I hear self tapper work well....

Edited by KwS

had a little spare time today, so went ahead and cleaned my Idle Control Valve and throttle body.

Removed TB from manifold, as it was easy, and meant i could clean both sides of the plate. Also helped give me space to remove the ICV.

Was really surprised how easy it was to get the M52 ICV out, after reading how horrible the M50 ones are to get out. Couple of bolts, a hose, an electrical connector and just pull the ICV straight down off manifold.

Whilst there i also debaffled my air filter box and cleaned my MAF.

Car idles so smooth i thought i had stalled it a few times on the test drive after doing the work, and its also pulling harder at low RPM (still anemic in the higher rpm, need new exhaust and M50 manifold to fix that)

Sound like the 323i Msport now has the owner it deserves ! Nice work

where can i find a guide to do this? or is it really easy? also where to cop bumper mesh to replace the slats?

cheers

I havent fit the mesh yet, as im going to get the front lip first (around $118+gst iirc from the dealer), then take the bumper off and do the whole lot in one go.

The ICV is a LOT easier than i expected. Heres the list of DIYs i followed,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showp...mp;postcount=49

http://www.dvatp.com/bmw/diy/icv_ccv/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/199...m52-icv-t41173/

The ICV is the silver thing below the rag stuffed in the manifold, in the first pic of the second link. You can also see the 3 bolts in that pic, and where the hose would join the ICV.

It really is as easy as removing the intake, the 3 bolts where the dip stick tube mounts to the manifold, the electrical connector off the rear of it then pulling down on the hose that comes from it (you remove the hose from the rubber intake bend). Clean the crap out of it (i used carb cleaner) then refit. I also cleaned the TB with CRC electrical contact cleaner (didnt use carb cleaner as its too harsh).

Got a box handed to me at work today. 5 days from the US, pretty good shipping tbh. Definitely rate pelicanparts.

Enough parts to rebuild my shifter (except the selector rod and alloy arm, they are on their way), a fire extinguisher mount (to stop it from floating around the rear passenger footwell), a new roundel and a jacking pad. WWOOOO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not much of an update. Just moved, so FINALLY have a garage i can use. So excited!

Posted Image

and also did this,

Posted Image

Hoping to stop by the dealer tomorrow and grab an oil filter so i can do the oil change it desperately desires on sunday. After that, its shifter bushings, and a decent cut/polish/wax.

Long time no post.

10/11/11

Small update, Finally got my gearboot sorted, and woah it makes a huge difference in looks and sound (much less road noise). Interior is finally complete :D

Ive also been having issues with the check control bitching about my brake circuit, so fitted a new brake switch (known issue on E36s).

Also ticked over 80,000km after work today!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

12/11/11

Still got the check control brake circuit error after replacing the switch.... and about two months ago the boot stopped locking with the central locking (when locking car doors boot previously locked too).

Having done some digging, seems there is a serious known issue with E36s where the wiring loom into the boot lid degrades over time and the insulation on wires cracks so they can short and if its left long enough, the wires themselves will break.

Armed with the knowledge of what to look for, i got home from work and dove in, not knowing for sure what horrors i would find.

This is what i found,

Posted Image

So all in all, not bad. One snapped wire, and a couple of others that had snapped insulation.

Got out the soldering iron and went to work. Rejoined the broken wire, reenforced another and reinsulated the lot. Put it all back together, and yay my boot lock works with central locking again (first world issues, having to use the key to unlock my boot!). Havent been for a decent drive yet so dont know if it fixed the brake circuit issue, but according to the interwebnets it should.

Oh, and lols,

Posted Image

13/11/11

Gave her a scrub and replaced the front roundell finally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1/1/12

Just a small update really, finally tinted my fogs, but confirmed my suspicions.... one fog is OEM ZKW the other is knock off Depo >_<. Gotta replace one or the other as the beam pattern is vastly different.

Posted Image

Also just paid for a black leather arm rest assembly, so that should show up some time this week. And since im spending money, i also purchased a carsoft scanner so i can read my codes and stuff (which is also in the mail).

Ive been in touch with BimmerWorld regarding their stealth under panels, as my under plastics are all sh*t and zip tied up. I want to either replace the plastics or fit one of those panels when i take the front bumper off to fit my M3 mesh.

Done about 10,000km since getting the car now.

have you got the correct tail light in the back as they come with different pins etc depending if teh car has a check panel or not

Yeah it's all good. Turns out the brake circuit error was only recurring due to faulty 3rd party switches (got to the point where I lost all brake lights, and you could wiggle the switch housing and they'd come back on and off). Fit a genuine switch and hasn't been an issue since.

My armrest arrived today, so decided to fit it.

The bits

Posted Image

Before (with leather boot pulled up for removal)

Posted Image

Chopping up my carpet

Posted Image

Just some rubbish

Posted Image

OEM screws with sleeves yo

Posted Image

After a mish, bracket installed

Posted Image

Surround installed

Posted Image

And the completed result

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very comfy, dont know why all E36s didnt come with it. Was a mission getting the black on black console/leather too.

Edited by KwS