Sign in to follow this  
Monskii

E30 VG30DeTT

So I've been looking through these forums for awhile looking at every ones cars and finally decided that I have done enough to mine to show it.

At the moment it has a VG30DeTT out of a 300zx. So a 3L V6 twin turbo and surprisingly it fit rather well.

I have a few photos here from the first 4 months of the build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ill put up some front on and other kind of shots when the weather is a little more fine...

Just need some turbos and a few other little (and large) things to get this thing on its way a little more.

Am looking for a little help as to make this thing lower and nice to handle without having to empty my bank account some more, I was looking at a set of xyz coilovers but any other help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Ramon

Teaser.

A mate of mine speaks very highly of these engines and is putting one in an s15 soon so will be watching this very closely.

As for suspension, Vmaxx are pretty good for the price but don't think Hans has any left.

What turbo's are you going to run?? Looks alot friendlier in an e30 engine bay than in the boat it came out of.. I have watched someone work on one of these engines.. I think I would prefer to work on the M70's than these any day..

I think there may still be some parts in the shed from one of these engines..

What turbo's are you going to run?? Looks alot friendlier in an e30 engine bay than in the boat it came out of.. I have watched someone work on one of these engines.. I think I would prefer to work on the M70's than these any day..

Turbos, I am looking at DSR330G2. They not too expensive and still got some good power behind them.

I am still after a few parts for the engine.

Vmaxx would be pretty nice, how much are a set of these normally?

This week some time I should have the sump and engine mounts done. The sump has been a bit of a mission as the reservoir was at the rear and this fouled on all the steering and stuff.

This is a huge amount of win.

Will be watching rather closely.

I could help you out with some bc golds in a few weeks?

What parts you got in the shed? I think I am still in need of a cam angle sensor and a set of manual or N/A cams as they are better than the TT auto ones which I have :wacko:

I could help you out with some bc golds in a few weeks?

If I dont win these Vmaxx ones from trademe ill get a hold of ya.

So I got those Vmaxx coilovers from synthe and put them in over the weekend.

Here some pics to show the progress.

Before springs

post-15365-1306647189.jpg

Back Done

post-15365-1306647172.jpg

Springs put in

post-15365-1306647159.jpg

And on another note.

I have bought a whole new VG30DeTT with loom, ecu and turbos. So having this should speed up the getting it going by alot.

Also have noticed that a few people have a different front kit. Kinda standard looking but is all fibreglass. Just wondering where you can get these from?

E:removed useless pic

Edited by Ramon

I got Mike at Sinco Customs to make them then I welded them. Was all a lil hard for me to do.

Good stuff mate, nice to see someone using the over looked VG30 engines.

I've always liked them, just too bad they were shoved in a rather awful car (300zx.........)

Edited by E36V8

I would suggest you pull the inlet manifold off and replace ALL of the coolant hoses underneath it, as it can be a real bas**rd to do once the motor is in and plumbed up.

I would suggest you pull the inlet manifold off and replace ALL of the coolant hoses underneath it, as it can be a real bas**rd to do once the motor is in and plumbed up.

yea will be doin most of the gaskets and seals while the engine is out of the car. I know that these engines are quite prone to waterjaket blockages and stuff.

So after having to move and pay off some bills I will FINALLY be able to work/spend more money on my car again.

But just before moving I bought a new engine with full wiring, cpu and all hoses replaced.

Will get some more photos up when I get this other engine in the car.

Was also looking at buying some new wheels when I can. Just wondering on sizing.

I looking at some 17x7.5 +20 offset and/or 17x8.5 +15 offset, or even a 9.5 +20 offset for the rear.

Does anyone know if these will fit? I can roll the guards... maybe but would prefer not.

Also if one of these would fit what size tyres would be recommended.

So I've been looking through these forums for awhile looking at every ones cars and finally decided that I have done enough to mine to show it.

At the moment it has a VG30DeTT out of a 300zx. So a 3L V6 twin turbo and surprisingly it fit rather well.

I have a few photos here from the first 4 months of the build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ill put up some front on and other kind of shots when the weather is a little more fine...

Just need some turbos and a few other little (and large) things to get this thing on its way a little more.

Am looking for a little help as to make this thing lower and nice to handle without having to empty my bank account some more, I was looking at a set of xyz coilovers but any other help would be much appreciated.

Hey dude doing a mad job wondering if you had any pics on the mounting of the engine az i was lokking

Looking to do the same thing i have a e30 that i use for work and me mate gave me a vg30det thats how i found your pics