Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

Yeah I'm sure they would be the same. He did a pretty good job of my manifold, was worth the wait.

I hope so.. have you got any pics of your manifold?

none worth looking at. its all bolted up and cant see f**k all.

It took him about 3 months of "yep, im getting on to it next week". he is extremely busy, and was worth the wait though.

none worth looking at. its all bolted up and cant see f**k all.

It took him about 3 months of "yep, im getting on to it next week". he is extremely busy, and was worth the wait though.

Yeah i dropped mine off 3 or so weeks ago, he said it will be a month before he could start, no worries im in no hurry i got so much more to do before i get that back :)

low impendance injectors like those will need a resistor box for your standard link g4

low impedance injectors like those will need a resistor box for your standard link g4

Would it be easier to run high impedance injectors...

Edited by Garett

Crunchy do you think these injectors will do the job? aka Indy Blue's

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=490424265

indy blues are very old thus avoid them they dont meter down low very well go shop on ebay

on another note I just brought a 600x300x123mm intercooler today arrives monday :) ill post up a pic

i will be running 3" alloy pipe work and an 80mm throttle body dont know what im going to do with the manifold yet?

indy blues are very old thus avoid them they dont meter down low very well go shop on ebay

sweet cheers i should just be able to run the biggest bmw ones for now and easily upgrade once running ok right

Edited by Garett

on another note I just brought a 600x300x123mm intercooler today arrives monday :) ill post up a pic

i will be running 3" alloy pipe work and an 80mm throttle body dont know what im going to do with the manifold yet?

you run the pipe from turbo to cooler the same size as the turbo outlet and from cooler to t/b 3" and intercooler size doesnt mean a lot the cfm rating and pressure drop is the important bit.

sweet cheers i should just be able to run the biggest bmw ones for now and easily upgrade once running ok right

the biggest bmw ones are only good for 50hp per injector

you run the pipe from turbo to cooler the same size as the turbo outlet and from cooler to t/b 3" and intercooler size doesnt mean a lot the cfm rating and pressure drop is the important bit.

yeah im going to place an air temp sensor before the cooler and in the intake manifold, same with the pressure sensors that way i can see boost and temp drop through the cooler, and if it doesnt lower the temp to much... what do you think about running a water air cooler before the TB using a separate rad cooler with a cut out on the bonnet for the air to cool the water that will cool the air in the A/W intercooler if that makes sense...

the biggest bmw ones are only good for 50hp per injector

Guess im just going to have to suck it up and get some 1000cc ones

yeah im going to place an air temp sensor before the cooler and in the intake manifold, same with the pressure sensors that way i can see boost and temp drop through the cooler, and if it doesnt lower the temp to much... what do you think about running a water air cooler before the TB using a separate rad cooler with a cut out on the bonnet for the air to cool the water that will cool the air in the A/W intercooler if that makes sense...

a bit more plumbing but by far a better setup

Guess im just going to have to suck it up and get some 1000cc ones

a 510cc injector will support 110hpx6= 660

750cc would be as big as you need to go unless you run e85 then 1000cc and if you go that way dont run compression any lower than 10.5/1 to get the benefit of running it.

bruce at mag&turbo hamilton did just that on his gtr when i was talking to about turbo setup this week the end result on e85 and 8.5/1 comp was a lazy motor for what was gained thus hes changing back to pump gas.

if 750cc and 1000cc injectors were the same price what would you go with? at the moment im building my set up on a factory long block so will be running stock internals on stock compression until i build my forged long block to cope with more boost i still want to be able to run the car on pump gas.

if 750cc and 1000cc injectors were the same price what would you go with? at the moment im building my set up on a factory long block so will be running stock internals on stock compression until i build my forged long block to cope with more boost i still want to be able to run the car on pump gas.

depending on brands the bosch ev14 style injector work well for control as do ID ( injectors direct ) unless you want more than 700hp the 750cc will do you fine

depending on brands the bosch ev14 style injector work well for control as do ID ( injectors direct ) unless you want more than 700hp the 750cc will do you fine

well one day i hope haha :D

all this looking at injectors on ebay and google is giving me a headache lol spray patterns and flow rates, lengths, reliable sources and bargain hunting, that's enough for one day.

Edited by Garett

Yes intercooler has arrived :)

post-2228-1341607162.jpg

post-2228-1341607168.jpg

Yes intercooler has arrived :)

nissan GTR knockoff i gather

nissan GTR knockoff i gather

You Know it :P

what can i say... it was cheap lol

i can aways upgrade later :)

Edited by Garett

Quick update...