Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

Yep can run on the 60-2 wheel and can connect direct to cam/crank sensor.

For ignitor there is a DIY method I went with which works out @ $12 per channel using Bosch electronics.

You can use all the factory sensors. I can share the sensor settings when you need them. Knock sensors will be more of a hindrance than a help in the beginning.

Very nice turbo

MLM are you using bip373's?

Edited by bbs

Yeah you can, I had problems trying to find someone who would sell me one with the plugs for it at a reasonable price.

I would be surprised if the link needed any modifications to the crank pulley / triggering system, I think they can read and decode the 60-2 motronic trigger these days.

with both the autronic and the motec ive used they both gave a better crank signal once ive removed the teeth to 3 on the crank it also depends on what rpm you run to, if below 6k it still works but gets confusing for the ecu over that.

MLM are you using bip373's?

Yep, i am.

Ignighters, are they coils?? excuse my ignorance lol

Also I found these on my travels today, you think i should use em?

post-2228-1335677586.jpg

post-2228-1335677605.jpg

Edited by Garett

I'd use the standard coil on plugs. No reason to run leads. They just increase the chance of interference and add something else that could go wrong

You can pinch the ignitors from bosch ecus

Ignitors go between the coil and the ecu.

Edited by bbs

What do you think of the new design??

post-2228-1335693558.jpg

Sd can pay too.

Sd can pay too.

Yes most of my parts were sponsored to me by Sdeuropean

z3 steering rack and x brace

my rims and heaps of other items...

:D they are my biggest sponsor

Edited by Garett

I have just been offered a swap, my shinny chrome turbo manifold for 8 evo 560cc injectors pt- MDL510 Yellow top Green bottom, question is... good deal and would they be suitable for my set up?

Edited by Garett

I have just been offered a swap, my shinny chrome turbo manifold for 8 evo 560cc injectors pt- MDL510 Yellow top Green bottom, question is... good deal and would they be suitable for my set up?

evo injectors are 11mm bosch 14mm youll need to make an adaptor for the fuel rail and manifold

Also, the calipers on your mock up are the wrong way round and need fixing!

I'd use the standard coil on plugs. No reason to run leads. They just increase the chance of interference and add something else that could go wrong

You can pinch the ignitors from bosch ecus

Ignitors go between the coil and the ecu.

Yeah I guess so, google says these leads are suppose to increase the spark over 50 times the spark of the coil.. hmm dont know how true that is.. i feel a test coming on lol

that 3 blade chip, i wouldn't know were to put it and how it should look, wire in etc. anyone have pics of the install?

Oh and im on the hunt for a tial wastegate or a good branded one, if anyone has one or knows where the cheapest ones are please share :)

Edited by Garett

evo injectors are 11mm bosch 14mm youll need to make an adaptor for the fuel rail and manifold

really... ohh man. you think its worth the effort? or look for something else?

haha yeah they are too. will fix that right away.

really... ohh man. you think its worth the effort? or look for something else?

you can pickup ev14 bosch inj on ebay for around 340us and they drop straight in, as for your manifold the chinese things arnt the best and cheap it depends if you want to soend the time making one or try mike at sinco customs down hamilton does a good job.

you can pickup ev14 bosch inj on ebay for around 340us and they drop straight in, as for your manifold the chinese things arnt the best and cheap it depends if you want to soend the time making one or try mike at sinco customs down hamilton does a good job.

i got that chinese one on trade me at the moment for sale. i wonder if id get more money for 8 evo injectors... hmmm

yeah i heard they do a good job. ill spend one day on the manifold and if it dont work that will be my next step :)

that 3 blade chip, i wouldn't know were to put it and how it should look, wire in etc. anyone have pics of the install?

I have data sheets and a spare circuit i can photograph explaining its layout. It took a bit of research and testing to get the final result.

Oh and im on the hunt for a tial wastegate or a good branded one, if anyone has one or knows where the cheapest ones are please share :)

youll need a 46mm gate hunt around you can pick them up for around 350, or turbosmart

Is that better greg :)

post-2228-1335861532.jpg

Edited by Garett

The front is, back is still wrong. ;)

The front is, back is still wrong. ;)

Ha ill bet this is it :D

post-2228-1335865972.jpg

Edited by Garett

Ok so this weekend been i spent a little bit of time mocking up the manifold on a dummy car with a m52 engine in it..

turning over my factory j pipe manifolds and cutting the existing pipe off were they all join into one, then get tig welded a v band ring as the headers are stainless.

Then making up 1 section joining the two 3 bank manifolds via v band to the turbo and wastegate out of mild steel as i have a mig but no tig.

and mounting the turbo where the ac was seems to be the only way for rhd e36's as seen in this pic below

Posted Image

crunchy what do you think about 2 38mm waste gates as they are cheap and available. that way in also can completely separate the flow in the twin scroll.

ill save myself 1000 if i can make this manifold myself, my twin t4 flange will arrive tomorrow.

Edited by Garett