Sign in to follow this  
central3

Whats it worth

I need some help establishing the value and best way to sell my 330i. Details are

- May 2003 330i motorsport

- 5 speed automatic

- 117,000km (26,000 in last 3 years)

- Jap import 2008

- New leather interior

- Factory MD player, IPod connection, sub woofer

- AC cat back exhaust with custom quad outlets

- Bilstien shocks and Eibach ProLine springs (12 months old)

- Genuine BBS CH 18x8.5 wheels and Dunlop Sport Max tyres (no curbing - tyres 90%)

- Slotted discs, detailed calipers (painted/chrome clips)

- Custom strut brace

- Paint and panel 9.99/10, very few stone chips etc

- New original BMW windscreen

- Recent comprehensive service

Not in a hurry to sell but am living in the central NI so will be hard getting people to view

Questions

- What should I expect for the car as described and pictured

- What should I expect for the car stripped of the after market gear

- What could I get for the wheels/tyres/shocks/springs/strut brace sold seperately

- Should I auction or do a straight sale

Long winded story but appreciate any advise and of course if anyone is interested please PM me

post-3258-1311063867.jpg

post-3258-1311063884.jpg

post-3258-1311063892.jpg

post-3258-1311063907.jpg

post-3258-1311063920.jpg

post-3258-1311063930.jpg

post-3258-1311063938.jpg

post-3258-1311063948.jpg

post-3258-1311063957.jpg

post-3258-1311063969.jpg

Edited by central3

That is NICE! Love the interior.

What are you actually wanting for it? Any idea?

That is NICE! Love the interior.

What are you actually wanting for it? Any idea?

If I do the sums the car cost $24K 3 years ago, interior $2.2K, rims $2K (ex bimmersport member - great buy), tyres $1.6K, bilstiens $1K, springs $300. Thats $31,100 - ouch, shouldn't do that. I'd like to think low 20's but ultimately the market will decide I guess

Very clean E46... all the mods are fantastic! I remember your E36 was also very well presented.

In my personal uneducated opinion... the car is worth $18 - 22k privately.

Only true way to get market value is a $1 reserve auction. However if you're not that mad, chuck it on Trademe for what you'd like to get for it and slowly lower the value until you start getting bites.

In any case, good luck with the sale!

Hmm.. not worth much. May aswell give it to me. :P

Hah nah but seriously, very nice! Sorry not sure what it's worth, but looks like a nice example, would say around 15k?

Put it on trademe. Or hold on to it for a while and I might just be interested (next year-ish lol)

Edited by sascha

Woah ! id say 20kish who did the interior ??

Hot car! Absolutely adore the interior. Going by recent listings/sales i'd say $17-20k

Do you have contact details I can give to a mate? He's been looking for a nice 330 for awhile and this one trumps all...

Do you have contact details I can give to a mate? He's been looking for a nice 330 for awhile and this one trumps all...

PM'd

So according to the respndents my selling price is sub $20K dressed up - so what do you reckon with all of the kit removed

This is smooth! I'd be surprised is you had to go lower than twent, 330, CH's and as everyone is picking up the interior looks money.

Have you got any background on the exhaust or did it come into the country like that. Have been wanting to do something similar and haven't really stumbled across options.

Bet you don't have a problem selling but good luck.

This is smooth! I'd be surprised is you had to go lower than twent, 330, CH's and as everyone is picking up the interior looks money.

Have you got any background on the exhaust or did it come into the country like that. Have been wanting to do something similar and haven't really stumbled across options.

Bet you don't have a problem selling but good luck.

I fabicated this after seeing something similar offered in a UK BMW magazine - its all cosmetic but does the trick - refer http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....75#topicoptions

I'd stick with 20g, the one above had more KMs and standerd interior, would prefer this one. Even better, keep it!

Yeah I know - I saw this and thought that (despite the km's) this was an awesome buy - totally devalued mine I thought - talked to Ray about converting mine to a 6 speed and then lost the plot completely and brought an M3 - wife couldn't understand and then she did (can't keep her out of it now) - really need to sell the 330 now so someone is going to get a nice one for a nice price

I've heard that taking out a strut brace after having it installed on the car is "bad" because it's been tightened up at the front and then it's let loose again?

Can anyone clarify?

I've heard that taking out a strut brace after having it installed on the car is "bad" because it's been tightened up at the front and then it's let loose again?

Can anyone clarify?

it would only "feel" looser if you are used to driving it with the the brace on.

it would just go back to standard as there is no way a brace bends the strut towers.

Someone forgot to replace mine and I didn't even notice until I opened the hood.

Edited by M5V8

Wow that's an awesome car, i would say sell it as is, mark it for 20k and take the nearest offer or if you willing to take the risk $1 no reserve it on tm :P

Yeah I'd agree with around $20k.

As a reference, dad recently paid $17k for an '01 330i Msport with 65kms on it.

No BBS / Leather goodies.

His isn't a facelift either.

Good luck - that's a mint car.

Cheers - will probably be a couple of months before I put it up for sale as I have gone over the top detailing my new machine - stripping out and detailing the under body and replacing some weeping diff seals - good fun