Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Snow in Wellington

Anyone got any pics? I sooo wish I was home right now to see it!

tawa

post-4454-1313304757.jpg

at about 5:10pm

post-4454-1313305060.jpg

Edited by flake

I can just imagine how f**ked up traffic would get in auckland if it was like that tomorrow morning haha

Im so jealous right now. In Hamilton no doubt we will get the cold, but we will get rain and sleet not snow :(.

weather was pretty good coming home from Manfeild.Started to close in at about otaki/waikanae,started raining proper in pram and really pelted down just south of paraparaumu and immediately the traffic become gridlocked with people going vastly different speeds immediately fouling up flows.Even down by Paekak the drops on the widscreen werent just water,the traffic was stop go so a small group of us all split off and went over paekak Hill as soon as we got up to about 200 m it satrted to snow and was snowing lighly all the way through to Pauatahanui.Instead of going back out to State highway 1 i went over Haywards and it started getting heavy up there settling on the rad and the landscape having a light but complete covering.i was actually quite impressed with everyones driving all were cautious with good following distances seeing we dont get this often.It was even still snowing SH2 Through the valley albeit very lightly.As soon as i turned up Ngaio Gorge the snow was quite thick and heavy.Been quite a good fall at home we prolly about 100m

Edited by kiwi535

Im so jealous right now. In Hamilton no doubt we will get the cold, but we will get rain and sleet not snow :(.

dont be so sure,i have NEVER seen snow like this in Wellington before.Actually i have but its ussually a few randon drifting floakes and thats it.Its never ever settled on the groung so heavily over the whole of wellington before in my knowledge

i think mine was the only house in wellington that didnt get any :(

Never seen snow in our back yard before

post-797-1313315844.jpg

Edited by Neal