Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

330, my version.

what did you do to this car... it was mint how it was when josh built it. i wouldnt have changed a thing.. buut its your car dude each to their own ;)

Yep all of the above, the roof racks look very cumbersome. Pressure you use them for something, ones that had a lower profile would have looked alot better IMO.

Lol. Lights are something different how did you do that? Good on you for trying something different, only live young once, so might aswell make the most of it, forget people who hate it, they just don't have the balls to be different. Give it 5 years time and i can guarentee you won't be into heaps of colour again :D

forget people who hate it, they just don't have the balls to be different.

Reading through peoples comments it's hardly a case of 'hate'... Most are saying it's his car and as long as he likes it that's all that matters. That doesn't mean they have to like the mods, I for one loved the car as it was and unfortunately can't say that anymore.

Yongxi, I know EXACTLY how you feel about wanting to put your own stamp on the car, I have also been 'burdened' with acquiring a members car that has been highly customized. I think the key is to recognize that the car will forever be tied to the person who started the project and not make changes simply for changes sake.

When such a high standard has been set, improving on it really takes a lot of thought, planning and probably quite a bit of money! I think this is probably why so many are disagreeing with the direction your taking. Having said that, you're never going to please everyone.

Once again, your car, your taste and as long as you like it... go hard mate :)!

I would like to say that what you have just said Atta would sum up how I feel as well..... very well put out there as far as I'm concerned. Josh has moved on and now it's Yongxi's time to put his mark on the car

Will upload more pics later.

but yeah I know what you mean Atta, I think people have gotten to know this car as how Josh built it more and have liked it since then but since I've gone and changed it, some people disagree with my opinions haha.

I just don't feel content about buying a car and not making it my own. My old car was like this and no one really disliked it as much as this one, must be the fact that that was a clean slate and this one I've just changed.

Also I'm not just modding it for change's sake, I genuinely wanted those little mods on it haha, if I didn't I wouldn't put the money towards it at all!

Oh and the taillights, I used transparent red vinyl film so easily removable if i wanted!

Edited by Yongxi

I like the red taillights but ......

....but I don't get this trend of decreasing aero efficiently by slapping on roof racks????

Do you ever use them? why don't you just stick a sail on the roof then at least at sometime you will get a small performance boost.

:blink:

Am I too old?

Yep got them from trademe.

and from time to time I use them if I need to help dad. I just like the look of them, its not like I go racing around anyway so the aero dynamic factor doesn't really bother me much.

Having roof racks are just something different to put on the car im guessing, as you see alot of e46s around, but slim to none with roofracks, i had some on my old e46 for a while, just to be different. When us younger gen people grow up we will see our kids do, to us, rediculous modifications to their cars... haha

Yep got them from trademe.

and from time to time I use them if I need to help dad. I just like the look of them, its not like I go racing around anyway so the aero dynamic factor doesn't really bother me much.

The tail lights are definately not me, but mags + roof racks = LOVE, looks mean man, the car was amazing when you first got it but I love the mods you've done!

does anyone have a link or pic of it before...with the old wheels for comparison?

I have to say I quite like both styles.

Originally it was a very subtly modded car. You really have to look to notice the M3 bonnet & pumped guards.

I generally prefer this approach myself.

With the red wheels...well it's just more obvious.

Each to their own. I'd like to see it in person one day. I bet it looks tits rocking down the motorway.

I bet it looks tits rocking down the motorway.

Looks bloody good at the Greenlane Maccas drive-thru too, eh Yongxi! :lol:

Love it. Red wheels look great, I did see a picture of this car on FB but didn't realize it was yours or recognize it as Joshes. I personally dislike dished wheels on modern cars so this looks a lot better in my eyes!

If there is something that always bugged me it was the silver fog light surrounds, they would look smooth in black.