Sign in to follow this  
melons

drive in, drive out conversion e36 318

hey guys, what workshops would be recommended for a drive in, drive out conversion? vehicle is e36 318is coupe. seeking prices to convert to 2.8 manual and lsd or lexus v8, manual,lsd.

cheers

At a guess, it would be cheaper to sell the 318is and buy a factory 328i manual coupe than convert what you have.

At a guess, it would be cheaper to sell the 318is and buy a factory 328i manual coupe than convert what you have.

I would agree. It would be uneconomic to pay someone to do it. If you could do it yourself, it still would expensive, depending on where you can source your parts from.

You could try Ray @ HELLBM, he may be able to put a price on it

Edited by *Glenn*

I would agree. It would be uneconomic to pay someone to do it. If you could do it yourself, it still would expensive, depending on where you can source your parts from.

I can vouch for that - the money and time I've spend on the Toyota V8 going into my car is insane, I've done nearly everything bar the welding, I am a slight perfectionist so every little detail has counted. Although, I could have bought an immaculate 540i Motorsport or 330i with the same coin.

If it was done by a 'professional' it would have half the effort put into it, and well lets face it, half the fun is building your own car - not paying someone to do it!

Bit different with a factory motor conversion, easily done and no custom parts required, but the original poster would be better off just buying a 328i as converting the 318i would be an entire new running gear out of one. $$$

^ +1, just buy a 328.

IF you do want to do it, either too 1UZ or M52, Tim a TTT auto can give you an idea on price. Done umpteen lexus v8 conversions to many different cars, email ttt auto@gmail.com <- take out the space.