Sign in to follow this  
APT

Has anyone driven one of these ?

Ive driven heaps and heaps of 1 series... i wouldnt buy a 116 though theyre pretty gutless...

the smallest petrol engine you would want would be a 120i,

Ideally a diesel would be the way to go, FAR superior power and economy.

Once you drive a diesel one you won't want to buy a petrol.

Other than that they are a great little car and awesome fun to drive on a windy road!

Edited by BMWTouring

Would agree on the diesel note have a chat to Paul, Kiwi 535 he has a manual 5 speed diesel goes well.

Good money for the milage, obviously not a rocket ship but would be a good run about etc.

1 lady owner is good because if a man owned one these of he would have to hand in his man card.

I've driven both the 116i and 120d the 116i was fairly underpowered as everyone else has stated, the 120d was alot more powerful and almost fun to drive - that said, that is a bloody good price for a NZ New BMW with those k's surely.

I've driven both the 116i and 120d the 116i was fairly underpowered as everyone else has stated, the 120d was alot more powerful and almost fun to drive - that said, that is a bloody good price for a NZ New BMW with those k's surely.

No surely about it, it is!

Vin WBAUF12080PN22155

Engine A509H333 N45 1596cc

Production code UF12 assembled 11/ 2004

NZ rego Jan 5th 2005, Rego 11th Jan 2012, WOF 15th Jan 2012, currently 16,283km estimated

Plate CLL 44

Easy what you can find with one little piece of info

The 116i was fortunate not to receive Valvetronic. Generally a very reliable engine.

Diesel is the way to go with the 1 series.

Theres no such thing as a 130d, 123d is the biggest diesel..

awesome car!

I'd love a go in one of those twin turbo 123d - I couldn only imagine what a 130d would be like given the should exist! It would have to be a farkin animal to say the least - the 330d is an amazing enough car.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I'd love a go in one of those twin turbo 123d - I couldn only imagine what a 130d would be like given the should exist! It would have to be a farkin animal to say the least - the 330d is an amazing enough car.

123d is an absolute machine, very fast! The F20 1 series 118i is faster. Edited by Greg.

We have a 123d twin turbo Coupe, and I'd agree about pursuing the diesel option. 150kw and torque to burn.

It's a 2010, with a fair bit of "go faster/stop faster" fluff added, but we found the diesel's a lot more responsive than the similar petrol ones. I do 700km's a week in it, and it hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

However, we are BMW diesel fan's so that could be my bias coming through.

With 3 petrol and 2 diesel BMW's in the fold, I know what is cheaper to run, and we do huge mileages.