Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

WRX STi's

Thanks Glenn, Legend.

Off to work I go ;)

All good Chris...hope it goes well for you.

Sorry for not posting the info on the forum...I can't. But if anyone has these sorts of problems I can possibly help.. just get hold of me.

What a stressful epic mess.

Im never buying a car again, nor trusting a prepurchase inspection from a garage I do not know :P

Im thankful aviation doesnt work the same way as the automobile industry :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacko

Its gonna be a long process, with the likely outcome being me representing my case to a tribunal in Nelson, to get my money back. Im not entirely sure that Ill even get all my money back when you take the costs (travel to nelson/inspections on the vehicle/lost time & income etc etc etc) into account, And this is a pretty clear cut case of misrepresentation of the vehicle (and flat out lying)

Anyone know how to check compressions in a subaru without actually disturbing the dirt on the plug boots? Cos I dont :P

poos man... damn... thats why next time never buy a car without a personal inspection or by someone you personally would trust.. although in this case your pre purchase insepction should have mentioned though about the paintwork and stuff..

Pre purchase inspection was totally bogus, so is the wof.

If I pulled bogus inspections at work, id be in jail.

Edited by Jacko

Yeh, I trusted people, in fact I trusted a used car salesman and his mate at the testing centre :D

Fail, and its biting me in the ass big time.

Edited by Jacko

Yup he's being a great help, would be even more of a nightmare without him on the job!

So I guess I'll just say it; you should have got a Beemer :P

But seriously that sucks and I hope this secret mystery man can do something to help you. Worst case scenario you can flick it and take a smallish hit ? Update us how you get on.

Too flick it on, 5k loss would be my guess, not an option im even considering, and then theres the fact I wanna watch this worm try and wriggle out of the CGA and FTA acts, as well as any LMVD and MTA associations he is possibly risking. Im not too sure how to deal with the testing station yet other than to file a complaint with the NZTA.

This car dealer is gonna have a white subaru wagon hanging out of his ass when its over ;)

You shouldn't have to fly down. You can request a telephone conference call. You will still have to go to your nearest court though.

good luck

You shouldn't have to fly down. You can request a telephone conference call. You will still have to go to your nearest court though.

good luck

Yehp have heard this, will see what happens. Dont get to see him squirm over the phone though :(

For the first time ever, im happy my car just failed a wof check :huh:

Edited by Jacko

That makes me so angry, I cannot stand unscrupulous people like that.

Don't back down mate, he's probably used to people not thinking the fight is worth the effort.

Good luck!

I need a company/inspection/expert that can prove, on paper, that the compression test paid for in the prepurchase inspection was never done. Its quite obvious it hasnt been done, if you touch the ignition leads you wipe the dirt off em, the leads/boots/heads/every other thing in the way is still covered in sh*t, it hasnt been done.

You also need to remove a whole bunch of stuff in the engine bay, and too jack the engine to check the compressions as well.

I can get the compressions checked by Winger, but its gonna be a total waste of money unless the numbers are way off what the numpty at the "testing centre" has pulled out of thin air and written on the report.

I need to prove this snake is liar, any ideas? Wheres the CSI Auckland when ya need em :D

Edited by Jacko

IIRC when the AA to comp. tests, they don't pull the plugs.

They measure the current draw (or something) on the starter throught each compression cycle.

So will only really tell you if there is a variance across the cylinders, not if they are ALL low for example.

^ Yeh both AA and VTNZ do comparison tests, doesnt give you a pressure reading, but compares all the cylinders.

This inspection wasnt done by either the VTNZ or the AA, but an "indepedant" testing centre.

I have PSI numbers, all really good ones! 160/160/158/158

Even a professional opinion on, if it is, or not, possible for this muppet to have done the compression check is better than what I have right now (which is - "your a lying sack of sh*t, IMHO" ) Ive asked a few places, and everyone agrees with me, but none are willing to put it on paper (which is fair enough)

Edited by Jacko

Some poor pictures of the ignition leads, 2nd one shows what happens when you touch em. Was also described over the phone as having new rocker cover gaskets, and no oil leaks :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also found this gunk in the cooling system, not sure what it is. Looks like oil in the water, but feels like silicon RTV thats breaking down. Any ideas?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and this is the "professional" colour matching that im being unresonable about, There are 4-5 different shades of white in the car, depending on whos looking.

Posted Image

Edited by Jacko

Thanks man, Ill call em tuesday and see if they can help. Decided to forget about this mess for the weekend and go drink some beers in the sun :D

98 Subaru WRX - $9500

Failing two wof's -$100

Getting your ethics questioned by a used car salesman - Priceless.

• Like 1

my god.... i hate subarus !!! had a burst coolant hose just behind that radiator on the weekend. its a little "L" shape bugga that was a pain to get off as there are no angles to reach into it to grip properly. you need surgical tiny hands FFS... took a better part of 2 hours to get the damn little thing on!!

and i saw the dreaded valve cover oil leak :'(

Good on you for taken that dude to court! Good luck on the outcome.

Inspections... I had a bunch done in the 90's by the AA. Always thought they were good and in one case they missed two problems on a MR2 GT I bought and paid for the issues to be fixed (clutch and aircon totaling $3k all up!). Got an AA inspection earlier this year on a WRX wagon and got two pages of ticks with no real info given and 3 pages of disclaimers stating the report didn't cover anything - in legalese... Took the WRX to a mechanic - front pads needed replacing, rear diff had a leaking O ring, the front diff solenoid is on the way out (shudder at slow speed on lock) and the car has had accidents front and rear. None of which was mentioned in the AA report or the Jap auction sheet. Fortunately the dealer was reasonable but won't be bothering with the AA again.