Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E46 M3 Clubsport

Been there a little while, has all the extras that i think (?) come standard with the CS, very tidy inside and out.

HIGHLY doubtful that is a CS. It's missing MDM (M Dynamic mode).It's missing quite a few things to be a CS.

Looks to me to be a very well spec'd E46 M3 individual.

Edited by M3_Power

HIGHLY doubtful that is a CS. It's missing MDM (M Dynamic mode).It's missing quite a few things to be a CS.

Looks to me to be a very well spec'd E46 M3 individual.

Can you retro fit "MDM (M Dynamic mode)." into a std E36 M3 ?

this car lives just down the road from me.

I can vouch for how clean and straight it looks.

Plates ZB8079, E46CS.

NZ rego 25th Nov 2005

PP88031

M3, Coupe, assembled 10/2005, S54, prod code BL92

6 speed manual

Turners Auctions average price on vehicles with speedo 88,000km is $41,870

Yep definitely NOT a clubsport - misleading advert.

It's missing the Clubsport option code S7MAA in the full options list.

Just a very highly spec'd individual E46 M3

Posted Image

Edited by M3_Power

I spotted that car the other day while trolling on TradeMe ....

Wive is after a camper for similar money, so I suggested the M3 and we could stay in Motels ... :lol:

Did not work though B)

:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Other than the steering wheel , what else does the Clubsport have over this ?

The CS or commonly known as the Clubsport or Competition Pack versions gets:

CSL Headers, CSL rear wheels (but not the fronts, they are similar but 0.5inch less in width) CSL brakes front and rear, M Dynamic Mode, CSL steering wheel, CSL handbrake handle and most important of all, the CSL steering rack.

I'll need to check the software code, but I have a suspicion that in SMG form it also gets the CSL SMG software.

Edited by M3_Power

So the CS's are quite a nice upgrade over a standard M3 in terms of performance, but without the extra CSL airbox , bodywork changes and stripped out interior.

I had read in a M3 forum somewhere that the CS also had the CSL springs as did the last of the M3's. Would there be any truth to this ?

Been there a little while, has all the extras that i think (?) come standard with the CS, very tidy inside and out.

Hi there guys, I am the owner of this car!! When I bought it approx 4 months ago Jeff Gray BMW were look at trading it. I know some of the salesmen there- they confirmed to me that it was a genuine clubsport as I too had my doubts.

The things I know for fact are that it has a different steering rack- I have checked the part numbers, it has the bigger brakes- the fronts are 20mm larger in diameter than the standard M3(I had to order the replacement ex A.G and the calipers are painted). I also know that you either have the multifunction steering wheel(which mine has) or the you loose it with the competition package and have the M button on the steering wheel.

With regards to the PR code this is what puzzles me- because this a NZ new and speced car I don't know whether the PR code that the UK clubsports have are the same as in NZ. I am not trying to mislead anyone in my trademe ad and any inspection is welcomed.

From my knowledge and what I have read on the net- the only differences the CS's had were the wheels, brakes, steering rack and the M dynamic mode- not any of the others you guys have listed i.e. different headers etc.

Anyway if anyone wants to talk further please don't hesitate to call. 021 1918191

CSL Headers, CSL rear wheels (but not the fronts, they are similar but 0.5inch less in width) CSL brakes front and rear, M Dynamic Mode, CSL steering wheel, CSL handbrake handle and most important of all, the CSL steering rack.

Are the wheels on the CS the same lightweight alloy as the CSL ones? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they look the same but aren't the light material.

The car for sale claims to have the quicker steering rack, could that have been ordered as an option?

Are the wheels on the CS the same lightweight alloy as the CSL ones? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they look the same but aren't the light material.

The car for sale claims to have the quicker steering rack, could that have been ordered as an option?

I 'think' you are right. CSL are BBS wheels, CS are not.

Looks like a nice car

Trademe

I'm no expert on this but the seller is the guy I brought my M3 off. He is an ex BMW mechanic and knows his stuff. I had a look at this car 3 weeks ago - it definitely has the "fast rack". Nice car but quite a few stone chips.

So the CS's are quite a nice upgrade over a standard M3 in terms of performance, but without the extra CSL airbox , bodywork changes and stripped out interior.

I had read in a M3 forum somewhere that the CS also had the CSL springs as did the last of the M3's. Would there be any truth to this ?

The competition pack/CS are a bit of a parts bin special without the go fast bits. The steering rack and the M Dynamic mode are the most important additions to the car.

There's still quite a few things different in the CSL to the standard M3:

see here (I actually complied this list below, but I have no idea who this guy is that owns the website - he simply copied it)

http://www.clubcsl.com/index.php?option=co...fo&Itemid=7

Hi there guys, I am the owner of this car!! When I bought it approx 4 months ago Jeff Gray BMW were look at trading it. I know some of the salesmen there- they confirmed to me that it was a genuine clubsport as I too had my doubts.

The things I know for fact are that it has a different steering rack- I have checked the part numbers, it has the bigger brakes- the fronts are 20mm larger in diameter than the standard M3(I had to order the replacement ex A.G and the calipers are painted). I also know that you either have the multifunction steering wheel(which mine has) or the you loose it with the competition package and have the M button on the steering wheel.

With regards to the PR code this is what puzzles me- because this a NZ new and speced car I don't know whether the PR code that the UK clubsports have are the same as in NZ. I am not trying to mislead anyone in my trademe ad and any inspection is welcomed.

From my knowledge and what I have read on the net- the only differences the CS's had were the wheels, brakes, steering rack and the M dynamic mode- not any of the others you guys have listed i.e. different headers etc.

Anyway if anyone wants to talk further please don't hesitate to call. 021 1918191

Something doesn't add up - that build sheet is from BMW directly and doesn't specify the car as a CS/Competition pack. My opinion is that the parts were added post import into NZ and it wasn't originally built as a CS (hence the missing M Track mode - this is part of the CS package, so without it it is no longer a CS - not to mention the missing steering wheel and handbrake alcantara trims).

The brakes, steering rack and wheels can all be added to the car - but just because it has these parts doesn't make it a CS or Competition pack as it was never built as one.

All the differences mentioned by me are correct - the headers are in fact a post 2005 build thing - all E46 M3 built after 2005 had CSL headers (just the headers not the full exhaust system).

I would consider this car to be an E46 M3 individual with 'some' Competition parts (brakes, wheels and steering rack).

Rear wheels are exactly the same as CSL, fronts are half inch narrower but the same material and same manufacturer - i.e. BBS

I 'think' you are right. CSL are BBS wheels, CS are not.

Incorrect - they are all made by BBS - only the fronts are different width, the rears are exactly the same and carry the same part numbers.

Edited by M3_Power

Proven it's not what the owner thinks it is you kinda have to feel sorry for the poor bugger that owns it, he's even gone to the trouble of putting that plate on it !

Proven it's not what the owner thinks it is you kinda have to feel sorry for the poor bugger that owns it, he's even gone to the trouble of putting that plate on it !

I didn't put the plate on it... It was put on back in 2005. This is a post 2005 production car-so by going by what you have said it will have the CSL headers.

With regards to the alcantara trims- these don't wear well- this may have also been the reason this has a leather multifunction steering wheel fitted.

So whatever the case, whether this was a factory clubsport ordered car or as you have stated- ordered into the country as a individual M3 and then BMW NZ put the clubsport parts on it it still represents good value at the price I am asking.

M3_power- since you seem to be an expert on the M3's can you confirm if there are any other clubsports in NZ? Did they actually do the 'clubsport package' in NZ? I know it was an option in the UK and the US, but was it even offered here? Do you work for BMW? I'd like to talk to you if have the time to call, i've tried clearing a few part numbers of parts fitted with Jeff Grays in BMW with no success. Thanks, Joseph.

I'd like to talk to you if have the time to call

you guys are going to get on like a house on fire :)

M3_power- since you seem to be an expert on the M3's can you confirm if there are any other clubsports in NZ? Did they actually do the 'clubsport package' in NZ? I know it was an option in the UK and the US, but was it even offered here? Do you work for BMW? I'd like to talk to you if have the time to call, i've tried clearing a few part numbers of parts fitted with Jeff Grays in BMW with no success. Thanks, Joseph.

Hi Joseph

More than happy to chat about M3 with you - my contact details below:

I don't work for BMW, but my wife used to and I've had E46 M3s since 2001 (in fact my first E46 M3 was recently for sale on trademe : ) was very tempted to buy it back).

No there was never a clubsport package offered in NZ nor a Competition package - the reason I know this is because I tried to order one when they became available. Hence my original suspicion about the legitimacy of the clubsport budge for your car.

I don't doubt the value of it though as it does have 80% of the clubsport gear on it. However I maintain that without the M Track mode it really isn't a true clubsport replica.

email: aviemore.tom@xtra.co.nz

mobile 021 281 0155

you guys are going to get on like a house on fire :)

:P:D