Sign in to follow this  
wolfman

A BMW at last

Hi all

Long time lurker but have quietly bided my time and done the research and at last have become a BMW owner.

Took delivery of an 2002 E39 525i M-Sport Touring on Friday. Beautiful drive back from Auckland until hitting a chunk of wood in the middle of my lane north of Hunterville (it had been deposited there by surface flooding which had mostly gone by then) which gave me a hell of a fright, fortunately just knocked the clip on one of the suspension sensors off and cracked some of the plastic gaurd underbody, no real mechanical or structural damage (have had it checked)

Have to say great service from Andrew and the team at Global Prestige, really looked after me and made me feel at ease over the (for me) significant purchase of this car. Also thanks to those who helped me out with some advice on my other thread when I was looking around. Good to meet Johno (zenetti) from Mag and Tyre Direct who replaced the rather shockingly worn yet 'warrantable' tyres on the car - its a nice quiet ride now.

Briefly, I'm in Palmy, work as an IT tech for a Govt dept, married with 2 kids plus a dog (hence the Touring) and support the Arsenal and anyone playing Australia.

post-4188-1320026165.jpg

post-4188-1320026175.jpg

Edited by Wolfman

Welcome to a fellow E39 Tourer :)

You will be wanting to upgrade the electronics !! I have done the SatNav, Handsfree Bluetooth with Voice Control and DVB-T / AV in mods on mine.

Brings the spec level up to a new car !

Enjoy :)

e39's tourings unite!

nice car you have there.

Fixed that for ya.

Great colour car - love it :)

As Greg said - update the Nav etc

PM me for nav/ reverse camera. done heaps of in these cars. Great to see these cars operating to potential

Welcome to a fellow E39 Tourer :)

Brings the spec level up to a new car !

Enjoy :)

Haha really?

Cheers all. Barely had time to drive it so far... hopefully this weekend...