Sign in to follow this  
Apex

2012 Nissan GTR vs 2012 BMW M5

One of each for me please!! Or Nissan needs to build a 4-door GTR!

True, the Nissan costs 50k less and didn't use the launch control and the BMW didn't have 5 men in their 60's with golf clubs aboard!

Maybe they should use the M6, both are flagship coups?

True, the Nissan costs 50k less and didn't use the launch control

Prob scared they will blow up the gearbox.

These are two different class cars. I would think, they would have to compare GTR and M3 to get a fair comparison.

Agree its a mismatch one has two doors and AWD, the other is RWD and has 4-doors, but both are the respected manufacturers flagships and fastest cars both manufacturers offer, both are twin turbo and both cost near the same in mother England, both are very heavy and very big.

Whats scary is that the Nissan is 6 years old and the BMW is brand new... its the same old argument though.

Posted Image

Whats scary is that the Nissan is 6 years old and the BMW is brand new... its the same old argument though.

I'd like to see a test between the GTR and this 20 year old Renault :P I wonder which will win??

Posted Image

^^ haha aren't the older f1 cars faster than today's f1? emissions, regulations and the flat bottom thing?

^^ haha aren't the older f1 cars faster than today's f1? emissions, regulations and the flat bottom thing?

Not really, but the FW14 does have active suspension so it is one of the fastest F1 cars of that era

How many years was the gtr in development for?

Sure the m5 has a lot of development too but the gtr was purposefully built to out perform the 911 porsche.

And i can imagine a lot of money got put into it, do they even make a profit on it? i.e veyron.

Watched some of the r&d videos testing at suzuka etc.

Oh and the m5... not liking the styling, the e60 looks a lot nicer. V10 all the way, could potentially be a keeper, just like the e34 m5

Agree its a mismatch one has two doors and AWD, the other is RWD and has 4-doors, but both are the respected manufacturers flagships and fastest cars both manufacturers offer, both are twin turbo and both cost near the same in mother England, both are very heavy and very big.

Posted Image

But you would still think that BMW M5 if a family saloon car for spirited drivers and R35 GTR is a sport coupe for racing. I mean how many M5s do you see in professional race series? Probably none. How many GTRs? That is a very different question. I would want to see new GTR vs E92 M3 CSL :) Both had similar production date as well :)

2 completely different cars, for 2 completely different markets imo. they dont really compare in any way.