Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Get a real car.

Seriously. Why would you take this piece of sh*t on the Ring.

I thought you were talking about the ute... I was wrong haha.

Couldn't really see what it was before it got destroyed - looked like a Honda CRV to me?

The joys of open Friday on the 'ring! :wacko:

Ha, It was a CRV - apparently still full of camping gear or fast food wrappers...

There's not too many "SUVs" you want to take around there...

A lot of the far more impressive cars got quite squirelly on that corner, the CRV had no chance really!

Probably on under-inflated tyres as well!

Some cars really shouldn't be allowed on a race track period. Theyre just not made for it.

Ive driven one of those things open road along with those shitty GM / holden things. Theyre actually pretty dangerous .. the body roll is hideous. I totally get why people drive these sorts of things @ 80 open road.

Holy heck change your undies batman your wife's gonna be pissed!

:lol:

Some cars really shouldn't be allowed on a race track period.

Is it still technically a public "toll road"?

Yup, the great thing about open days there, anyone with the money, ten Euro or whatever it is now, can just turn up and go out. It really reminds me of the public test days at Puke on the Fridays, a real range of vehicles and driver abilities!

From the first hand reviews I have heard, these days are pretty "lively", which accounts for why there is a crowd there watching in this video! Luckily the guy in the CSL (I think) that comes around next, manages to see the debris and miss most of it, it would be a crime if such a decent car got damaged thanks to a CRV!!

A "club day" which is booked and semi-organised is a little bit more controlled, but again you never quite know who is going to turn up, with what...

From what I can imagine that track would school any noob in whatever car they are driving, a fully loaded CRV would not be ideal though.

should used a Transit Van!

Surely that guy had that little niggle in the back of his head saying 'buddy this is a sh*t idea'.

Still hope the idiot didn't paralyze himself.

Surely that guy had that little niggle in the back of his head saying 'buddy this is a sh*t idea'.

It was probably one of those ideas that started about 11.30pm the previous night after a few steins of German falling-down water, "I've got a good idea, let's take the shitty rental car to the 'ring to see if we can destroy it!"

But yeah, hope any occupants were ok, certainly no cage or harnesses in that car... getting it OVER the barrier is quite an achievement as well... :unsure: