Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Odd place for an M3 to pop up

How nice are those seats.. not a bad price either!

RHD = been tampered with, not original which means less value, if your gonna get a E30 M3 it's gotta be LHD! The are no different to drive and actually easier to park!... But not so good for drive thru LOL

At least it's the M3 Coupe Collectors Car edition.

do want!!

RHD as well

That's what spoils it I reacon.

That said - looks a great car but I would rather one in original form

According to total BMW magazine there were only two genuine rhd e30 m3s ever made and I'm pretty sure they were both black and in japan. I'm guessing this has been converted to rhd later in life

E46 M3 for the daily and this as the sunny sunday driver??

According to total BMW magazine there were only two genuine rhd e30 m3s ever made and I'm pretty sure they were both black and in japan. I'm guessing this has been converted to rhd later in life

As far as I was aware No E30 M3s left the factory RHD although Birds of UK did do quite a few conversions after they left the factory for the UK market. Also Road and Track in Rotorua did a few conversions aswell.

As far as I was aware No E30 M3s left the factory RHD although Birds of UK did do quite a few conversions after they left the factory for the UK market. Also Road and Track in Rotorua did a few conversions aswell.

They did do some, certainly the two in the Total BMW Magazine that went to Japan or Hong Kong or somewhere, and urban myth has it they made one for Denny Hulme which may now be in Australia.

But this one will be an aftermarket conversion, probably has standard E30 five turns lock to lock steering rack...

But this one will be an aftermarket conversion, probably has standard E30 five turns lock to lock steering rack...

Which will make it far less collectable unfortunately, original un-molested models are the "collectors" cars, especially with genuine low mileage and preferrably with the dog-leg gearbox (probably not fitted to this car as it's US spec).

Looks to be a good condition car, but the RHD is a big down-side for most purists.

They did do some, certainly the two in the Total BMW Magazine that went to Japan or Hong Kong or somewhere, and urban myth has it they made one for Denny Hulme which may now be in Australia.

Road and Track converted the two EVO 2 NZ new cars, one red and the other Macau Blue. One of the factory RHD cars was recently sold to Hong Kong from Japan. I think the rumoured Denny Hulme car was actually converted in Australia. There are a lot of RHD M3's here in NZ. A few years ago a group of owners commissioned an engineering firm to make pinions to the correct ratio for them to fit to their RHD steering racks. From memory six pinions were made, so we have some RHD M3's running around with the factory ratio steering rack. A bit of trivia for you. :rolleyes:

Nice tidy M3.

Pity: us spec, rhd, colour

Awesome: engine bay, seats, e30 m3ness

A great cheap e30 m3 if your looking for one to tick off the bucket list!!

Just noticed too - sealed beam headlights, geez the yanks are behind the 8 ball with some things :wacko: