Sign in to follow this  
Jibs05

My slow e30 project :D

My PFL e30 coupe i bought around November-ish. came along way since i bought it, but still alot of things still need improving.

Its sitting on Koni yellow adjustable damper shocks all round (thanks to a BS member :D )

Custom made springs in the front (snells) jamex super-low in the rear

16" wheels offset is 25

Enough talk.

The day i got it :)

post-15890-1335352911.jpg

post-15890-1335352978.jpg

Finally got round to getting the suspension in

post-15890-1335353206.jpg

post-15890-1335353178.jpg

My mates ride(The guy that took the photos :) )

post-15890-1335353307.jpg

With the wheels... Hmm what you guys reckon, im not completely sold. Although i already bought them lol

post-15890-1335353648.jpg

post-15890-1335353673.jpg

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by e30hulk

Also did a manual swap (thanks to Ben) and also the other guys that really gave me helping a hand. Really appreciate it. We put the suspension in while doing the swap. :D

Any way a few parts,

Exedy clutch, Lightweight Chromolly Flywheel, and getrag 260

post-15890-1335389737.jpg

Things not pictured brand new slave, rear main seal, random new SS bolts and nuts other stuff i cant remember. lol

Thanks! I like it on the bottle caps as well, but unfortunately its too low for *cough* wof *cough* so need to put the bigger wheels on to make it legal. Needs some epic guard rolling on the front as well.

Interior pictures, sorry about the dirty seats btw, needa hire out a rug doctor :D

post-15890-1335397134.jpg

post-15890-1335397164.jpg

post-15890-1335397194.jpg

More bottle cap pics. Waiting for hub rings before fitting the SSRs

post-15890-1335397301.jpg

post-15890-1335397343.jpg

post-15890-1335397371.jpg

post-15890-1335397419.jpg

Yes i really like my car... LOL

Yes Ari Gold is right its a 320i, although the previous owner told me the motor was replaced with a 323i motor.

Im not sure, so i reckon its a 320i.

Finally got a gearknob!

LOL nah epic photo shop skills :ph34r: JOKES

i picked it up this morning

Get the centres of the superlites sprayed black, much better look IMHO :)

Nice looking ride B)

Quite like the Panasport C8s (I think), although they need smaller tyres. The gold looks good too!

Is it gonna bottom out on the front?

saw you in traffic as i got off the bus, stance's looking good.

does your mate work at Mt Eden tyres? seen that car parked there a few times

your shifter boot it supposed to clip into the center console through the top not the bottom. also, to make the boot get snug to the bottom of the gearknob, i folded it inside out and ziptied the top of it really tight around the shaft of the gearstick, and then folded the boot back down over the top and clipped it into the center console

Quite like the Panasport C8s (I think), although they need smaller tyres. The gold looks good too!

Is it gonna bottom out on the front?

it hasnt bottomed out on the front yet, although id say its pretty close, my exhaust has a hole now i think. Yeh the C8s would be GREAT!! id like to get the ssr wheels to look kinda like them. need much bigger lips :).

saw you in traffic as i got off the bus, stance's looking good.

does your mate work at Mt Eden tyres? seen that car parked there a few times

haha thanks! where do you get off the bus? nah im just in that area alot. But maybe you spotted another that looks like mine. there is another around :ph34r:

haha thanks! where do you get off the bus? nah im just in that area alot. But maybe you spotted another that looks like mine. there is another around :ph34r:

Lol think he's talking about my car. I don't work there but fill up at the Mobil there regularly

your shifter boot it supposed to clip into the center console through the top not the bottom. also, to make the boot get snug to the bottom of the gearknob, i folded it inside out and ziptied the top of it really tight around the shaft of the gearstick, and then folded the boot back down over the top and clipped it into the center console

Yeh it looks rough. Its not an e30 boot or mounting bracket. It didnt come with the conversion kit. so i used what i had at home. going to look for the parts when i get the chance.

hmm that sounds very interesting, i must try that when i get my shifter boot. thanks for the advice!!

Just wondering how is your E30 too low? Mine is about the same if not a fraction lowerf and I use bottle caps and the height flies thru the wofs to Qs asked.

Just wondering how is your E30 too low? Mine is about the same if not a fraction lowerf and I use bottle caps and the height flies thru the wofs to Qs asked.

hmm i dont know? whats the lowest point of an e30? Control arm bush? and it also depends who performs your wof.

quick update, no pics though

Installed a sway-bar from a 325i and some Ireland engineering sway bar bushes. all thanks to the misus.. :D

handles so much better.