Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

WHO HERE LIVES IN GERMANY?

Hey guys,

I have just moved to Germany and was wondering if anyone that is active in this forum is living in Germany as I am looking to know/meet as many people I can that have ties to Germany to build up a few more people to know over here.

Get at me if you are!

Jase.

Used to live there too - close to Stuttgart. Long time ago now though.

My Dad's living there at the moment, I might go over for a bit some time.

Where abouts are you living?

No, but I want to!

If I become an MP maybe I can flogg the system and get over there for free.

Im off to Germany in about 8 weeks for a week or so. Munich and Berlin

Im off to Germany in about 8 weeks for a week or so. Munich and Berlin

That with your band? They love their drum n bass over there! My bro's been playing in Germany for years with Coldcut and the VJamm Allstars.

I'll be in Germany from 22nd September - 28th

Will be going to Nurburgring 22 - 24th Sept

Stuttgart - 24th - 25th Sept

Munich - 25th - 26th

Frankfurt - 27th - 28th.

Will be doing a lap in the Ring Taxi, and visiting the Porsche and BMW Factory's/Meuseums.

Can't wait!

PS Booking a date for the Ring Taxi is a total PITA :-S

Send me some ebay.de goods!

That with your band? They love their drum n bass over there! My bro's been playing in Germany for years with Coldcut and the VJamm Allstars.

No just the wife and myself. However will be catching up with Matty/CCDawn in Vienna .. Coincidentally Evan is visiting the same time. It will be a Drum and bass Kiwi assault on Beer/Sausages and Cheese (so im told)

Will be at the BMW Factory in Munich however .... lots of photos :)

Will be at the BMW Factory in Munich however .... lots of photos :)

Can't take photos in the factory, otherwise there would be a stack on here from my trip last year.

In the museum, go nuts. Just don't go to the museum on Monday's as it closed. Found that one out the hard way <_<

Can't take photos in the factory, otherwise there would be a stack on here from my trip last year.

In the museum, go nuts. Just don't go to the museum on Monday's as it closed. Found that one out the hard way <_<

Thanks for the info! :)

just a guess I think Jochen is over there?

Nup - Switzeland, close though...

I too will be in Munich 18 till 23 Sept and be doing Oktoberfest as well as a work trade show. I have booked a factory tour at Welt for Friday 21. If any of you are in Munich, suggest booking a factory tour in advance rather than just visiting the museum. I did the 5 series factory last trip in Dingolfing which was AMAZING so looking forward to seeing the 3 series factory !!!

This is the link and you need to book a few months in advance. The email doesn't work so just ring the number around 10pm NZ time Mon to Fri to book ...

http://www.bmw-welt.com/web_rb/bmw-welt/en...ctory_tour.html

Looks like everyone is in and out of germany in the next few months! I am based in Coburg now for the next few months but intend of going to the BMW plant in Munich next week with all going to plan. We should try and put all the dates of peoples visits down and create a NZ beer crawl through the pubs in munich after a visit to the BMW factory or similar. I'll be most likely moving up to Munich to live in a few months time with intensions to get into the BMW group for work and see what sort of careers they have on offer to keep me occupied while the mrs is studying and then return to NZ to keep running my business. I am still looking at other options for work here though to keep me out of boredom so if any of you have any contacts or leads for an kiwi speaking very little German then please get in touch! it would be much appreciated :)

Jase

jase@lokellgroup.com

Funny - just noticed your location as being from Rangiora... I was born and used to live there! boom!

I too will be in Munich 18 till 23 Sept and be doing Oktoberfest as well as a work trade show. I have booked a factory tour at Welt for Friday 21. If any of you are in Munich, suggest booking a factory tour in advance rather than just visiting the museum. I did the 5 series factory last trip in Dingolfing which was AMAZING so looking forward to seeing the 3 series factory !!!

This is the link and you need to book a few months in advance. The email doesn't work so just ring the number around 10pm NZ time Mon to Fri to book ...

http://www.bmw-welt.com/web_rb/bmw-welt/en...ctory_tour.html

Funny - just noticed your location as being from Rangiora... I was born and used to live there! boom!

You probably ate a bit of food at my bakery that has grown over the years ... lol

You probably ate a bit of food at my bakery that has grown over the years ... lol

The Rangiora bakery? Best Chocolate Eclairs ever!

I used to live in Loburn, about 20 years ago now, did you own it then?

The Rangiora bakery? Best Chocolate Eclairs ever!

I used to live in Loburn, about 20 years ago now, did you own it then?

Cheers but we haven't made them for a few years as they went out of vogue. It has been in our family for 50 years and I have owned for past 20 + years. You can buy our food in nearly every town in NZ in case you need a reminder of the great stuff we make. We have contracts with most Multi national cafes ... just PM me for where to get it ...lol