Sign in to follow this  
JayCee

BMW E30 Headlight films

*Numbers are strictly limited for now*

Happy to announce that Oracle headlight adhesive solutions for bmw e30 have arrived.

Only have a few sets available at the moment so let me know.

Have put them on my coupe to show final product,

Smokey outside lamps and hella highbeams.

French foglight film are not available unless requested, in that case i will order more.

Smoke isnt that dark so i dont think this will be a wof issue, i will find out in september i guess :P

$20 for a pair (2 x films, 2 headlights)

These are a duracel sort of product,

The frenchies fitted my coupe nicely on the high beams,

The outer lights wernt exactly a perfect fit about 1mm out allround but i just used a kraft knife blade to make them fit snug after i put on glass. Came out great.

Will upload pictures if the forum allows me too, currently having trouble attatching photo.

As per our talks via PM I'd be keen on a pair of both. Will wait to see the photo to check Im happy with them. But definitely the yellow though. Will PM you when I see the photo or you could email me one if you cant get photo up?

Sweet dude, whats your email addy? I just tried again and no success uploading picture.

I know as per forum rules i must supply pictures but i can only but try right? :)

Have you recieved your gaitor yet? I sent on saturday.

Upload pictures no larger than 800 x 600 and it should work no problem..

Well the yellow on the highbeams wouldnt be to much of a concern

And im assuming that the smoked lamps wouldnt be a hassle either as the headlight beam hasnt been distorted really, I mean its not like most people would be taking an e30 to their local vtnz station?

Thanks, Photo attatched, drivers side standard, passenger side smoked; to show difference

And im assuming that the smoked lamps wouldnt be a hassle either as the headlight beam hasnt been distorted really, I mean its not like most people would be taking an e30 to their local vtnz station?

post-7153-1345542908.jpg

Edited by JayCeeE30

Wouldn't be a concern to who? Films do nothing but cut the brighness out of the centre of the lamp's beam, which if I'm not mistaken is what you use to see where you're going at night.

I still struggle to understand why people mess with lighting. It's piss poor on 20+ year old cars at the best of times without giving yourself another handicap. Lamps that are factory tinted are certified with that specific colour, and the light output still meets the legal requirements - they have a traceable E mark for this.

Any WoF inspector that sees your film should fail the vehicle.

you should look at getting some pre-cut clear films to protect your headlights. I'd throw a fit if mine shattered

^^^ Yup well put. Don't necessarily agree that E30 lights are piss poor though. They are atleast "round" & when lamps/reflectors are in good nick - they project good light.

Any film, lamp protector lowers the light output, let alone tinted.

Totally agree too - ANY WOF inspector, if they are doing their job, should pick up on lighting irregularities.

When I was 15 this is how we use to rice up our cars too. But with actual duraseal for books.

Police made us rip it off back then too. These days its no doubt a green sticker.

Flux meter will read low light, thus fail.

When I was 15 this is how we use to rice up our cars too. But with actual duraseal for books.

Police made us rip it off back then too. These days its no doubt a green sticker.

Stockings bro

Hehe, Dad's had "liteskinz" on his E30 lights for 14 years. No issues so far, although they aren't tinted. Before that, He had the factory fitted E30 perspex covers that looked like grandpa's "blind-person wrap-around overglasses" .

^^^^ No problems with clear skins being legal. They still do cut the light a little though - as can be seen on a beamsetter & also create more heat build up inside the lamp due to less heat dissipation through the glass. Generally not an issue with standard wattage bulbs but can cause issues with higher.