Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

convoy

Hey guys can we organise a bimmersport convoy id love to be involved in one would love the feeling of everyone looking at our cars

plus one to that idea, but can we organise it to be halfway through october or later? still tidying some things up before i want to get it back out

Hey guys can we organise a bimmersport convoy id love to be involved in one would love the feeling of everyone looking at our cars

Some questions/points for consideration:

- What's the purpose? Is it just to have people looking at your car? If so, why not look into entering a car show (if you don't already)? That'd be the best way to have a whole lot of people looking at your car.

- If the purpose is a 'Sunday-style drive' somewhere (E/W/N/S/location ideas?) - why not promote the idea as that and give a few options for people to choose from?

- Planning this with/around an event is a good way to guarantee turnout - could be lunch, minigolf, motorsport, a car show (see above), or pretty much anything else.

- Posting in the 'meets' section will help raise interest and generate ideas.

Not trying to have a go or rain on your parade/convoy at all (and I'm aware I am making a few assumptions), but a little more thought around your idea and taking charge will most likely help.

Of course, this information is all rather pointless if you're after a few people to do laps around Queen St with on a Friday night.

haha true true i dont know of many places that are good for a drive i know hunua is a good drive tho

Hunua is horible, I don't recommend it :ph34r:

Probably not the best place to go to be scene.

Why not have a Friday or Saturday night meet up and cruise around Auckland CBD, get some macers, etc, that would get some attention.

Also, I find doing burnouts with a car full of blonds whist cranking music really loud with the windows down effective in getting attention. Could be something to consider.

Phantom speling corekshon.

Edited by apex

Guest Simon*

Nice one Graham ;)

There's a long weekend late October, why don't you put the word out for a "cruise". Choose a meeting point, and a route and away you go.

Just don't say you're from bimmersport because I can guarantee someone will do something stupid to show off and we don't want our brand smeared in front of the good boys and girls in Blue

:)

Nice one Graham ;)

There's a long weekend late October, why don't you put the word out for a "cruise". Choose a meeting point, and a route and away you go.

Just don't say you're from bimmersport because I can guarantee someone will do something stupid to show off and we don't want our brand smeared in front of the good boys and girls in Blue

:)

alright sweet will do we could organise it for that long weekend but i havent ever been on any good routes etc

but i havent ever been on any good routes etc

Condolences.

alright sweet will do we could organise it for that long weekend but i havent ever been on any good routes etc

You'll need a safe route if this is going to be your first time doing it. Certain routes aren't safe at different times of the year. I'm sure someone on here will share details of a safe route for you....seeing your just a newbie.

^ Make sure also that you check your rubber before going out too.

^ Make sure also that you check your rubber before going out too.

I see what you did there :ph34r:

I know of quite a few good drives but I know it will be a bit to enthusiastic for most hence the idea of having a meet in town.

I remember a couple of years back the Hamilton guys had some great drives, maybe a cruise to Hamilton to get some Wongs Kitchen Fried Chicken?

Could start in the afternoon and I can think of a few nice roads to drive down on and then just take SH1 back up after filling up on Chicken and talking sh*t for a couple of hours?

Edited by apex