Sign in to follow this  
m2geek

e36 320i Exhaust recommendations

Hey guys,

After some recommendations on a great rear muffler/catback exhaust for my 320i - the stock muffler's baffles have all fallen to bits which makes it sounds pretty good (LOL) but i'd like a lil more volume and growl but keeping the stock look if possible. Last thing I want is a whopping great fart-cannon that not only look revolting but makes it sound like some riced up skyline.

Cheers :)

Sidenote, Painting my grill kidney rings today - what a c**t to get the bastards out LOL.

I'd try finding a factory 328i exhaust for it. Twin pipes all the way and if you want it abit louder take out the cats and first set of mufflers. Was running my 328i with my new front half hooked into just the rear muffler untill I got my Remus and wasn't much louder than standard. Pretty sure it will bolt straight up to your manifold. May pay to check tho...

Get a Remus from Woolf muffler. $650 from them when I bought one 2 years ago.

Great value.

factory 325i twin setup type sound the best ,

328i is a bit quiet.

also have a supersprint S/S type if you want

2.5' in and out.

DTM type tips

suits most 6cyl e36 models , but would need to be modified to fit up std exhaust pipes

post-279-1345880922.jpg

post-279-1345880975.jpg

I do like the idea of a stock/stock looking system most..

I've thought about getting a 325i/328i system for it - and just delete the cats/othershitintheway and straight pipe it back, was the 325i muffler valved?

Something I also wonder - My car is a jap import, how different will the exhaust be? the weather here has been to sh*t to get down and look under the car, would I be running twin pipes all the way down, or not?

This has got me wondering - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-506608273.htm

Only a 320, single pipe all the way to the back, stock 328 exhaust would be the best bet as far as gains are concerned.

I do like the idea of a stock/stock looking system most..

I've thought about getting a 325i/328i system for it - and just delete the cats/othershitintheway and straight pipe it back, was the 325i muffler valved?

Something I also wonder - My car is a jap import, how different will the exhaust be? the weather here has been to sh*t to get down and look under the car, would I be running twin pipes all the way down, or not?

This has got me wondering - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-506608273.htm

that 323i one is much the same as your 320i one .

best to get a 325i or 328i setup .

if from a nz new car it wont have cats in it.

the 325i system do sound better though ,

328i is a little quieter.

but being newer will less likly be rattly from rusting etc

but both are pretty long life units.

that 323i one is much the same as your 320i one .

best to get a 325i or 328i setup .

if from a nz new car it wont have cats in it.

the 325i system do sound better though ,

328i is a little quieter.

but being newer will less likly be rattly from rusting etc

but both are pretty long life units.

Cool - good to know... I quite like the sound of my 320i - its quite gruff and growly just want it a bit louder... will the mounts n such be the same for a nz spec 325i exhaust be the same as mine?

Cool - good to know... I quite like the sound of my 320i - its quite gruff and growly just want it a bit louder... will the mounts n such be the same for a nz spec 325i exhaust be the same as mine?

yup , straight bolt upto the headers

have a complete 1996 323i unit with about 80/90ks before being pulled out if you want a cheap alternative :)